Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman dies after 11-storey fall from Montreal Holiday Inn

Retired veteran hobbyist

Woman dies after 11-storey fall from Montreal Holiday Inn

MONTREAL - Montreal police intend to question a 40-year-old man after a 25-year-old woman apparently fell from an 11th-floor balcony of a Holiday Inn hotel on the northeast corner of De Bullion St. and René Lévesque Blvd. on Saturday morning.

A passerby noticed the woman's body at about 8:50 a.m. and called police to the scene. Police will question the man, whom they described as being in a state of "nervous shock," to determine if the woman's fall was accidental, a case of suicide or if she was pushed.

Police stressed that for the moment the man is being treated as a material witness in relation to the incident.

Meanwhile, investigators are awaiting a search warrant to examine the room the woman fell from and, if necessary, establish a crime scene.

An autopsy is expected to be performed early this week.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...035/story.html

I saw this article while reading the Gazette yesterday. Given the age disparity between the two room occupants, the fact that the incident occurred at a hotel, and the lack of information about the nature of the relationship between the man and the woman, it seems quite possible that the victim may have been a sex worker. Of course, this could just be my overactive imagination getting the better of me again. Sure makes me want to book 1st floor rooms from now on.

I heard on the news that there are no balconies on that side of the building, how will this guy explain things even if he is not guilty of any crime?

Is this the Holiday Inn Express on 155 East René Lévesque Blvd.?

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer41 View Post
    Is this the Holiday Inn Express on 155 East René Lévesque Blvd.?
    Yes it is.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Select which also has balconies and visited friends staying at the Express. A lot of things could have happened, she could have slipped while high, she could have been pushed, or she could have jumped. Balconies do invite people to smoke and if someone wants to get high that is the only place it really can happen, so this kind of incident, if that is why it occurred, could be invited by the no smoking policy.

To me the balconies at the Delta Montreal are scarier than the ones in the Holiday Inns, as far as possibly having an accident while high or drunk, but you can push someone off either one easily if that is what your murderous plan is.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 12-19-2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Yes it is.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Select which also has balconies and visited friends staying at the Express. A lot of things could have happened, she could have slipped while high, she could have been pushed, or she could have jumped. Balconies do invite people to smoke and if someone wants to get high that is the only place it really can happen, so this kind of incident, if that is why it occurred, could be invited by the no smoking policy.

To me the balconies at the Delta Montreal are scarier than the ones in the Holiday Inns, as far as possibly having an accident while high or drunk, but you can push someone off either one easily if that is what your murderous plan is.
    My last stay was at the Delta Montreal and I let an SP go out and smoke. I closed the door unlocked and she came back in when she was done. From what I remember of the Holiday Inn Express Balconies, I think their walls are above the average person's waist. She would have had to climb over the wall. I do not think you can slip off, but it was a while ago that I stayed there. The height of the balcony wall at Delta Montreal is decent. You could not slip off it and fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus View Post
    Given the age disparity between the two room occupants, the fact that the incident occurred at a hotel, and the lack of information about the nature of the relationship between the man and the woman, it seems quite possible that the victim may have been a sex worker.
    I doubt it would be a SP. She was found at 8.50 a.m., most agencies finish around 3 am and would have noticed if one of their girls had been missing.
    There was a lot of office parties on friday night, my guess would be co-workers who rented a room after the christmas party.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
    I doubt it would be a SP. She was found at 8.50 a.m., most agencies finish around 3 am and would have noticed if one of their girls had been missing.
    I know a few popular agencies who have girls ending their shifts way past 8am. I also know of a few who have girls starting at 8am or so.

There's no reason NOT to think it could have been an sp.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    .To me the balconies at the Delta Montreal are scarier than the ones in the Holiday Inns, as far as possibly having an accident while high or drunk, but you can push someone off either one easily if that is what your murderous plan is.
    How are they as compared to the ones at HDLM?

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    Maybe it was his niece.
    Yeah. Or maybe she was his daughter.

The tv report states that she was found on the west side of the hotel that doesn't have any balconies on that side. It's also unknown if she was a resident of the condo's located in the same building for a guest at the hotel.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Up so far we have no information concerning the way she was dressed. Was she in a nightgown? In normal clothes? Nude? The way she was dressed could tell us in what kind of activity she was engaged before falling from the balcony.
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

Veteran of Misadventures
    We don't know if she perhaps crawled from wherever she landed or perhaps her body was dragged or otherwise moved before it was found, so the fact she was found on the west side of the building does not mean she landed there. How would she have fallen from the 11th story if there was no balcony to fall out of?

How would she have fallen from the 11th story if there was no balcony to fall out of?
    There are windows on that side of the building.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Banned
    Hello all,

Yes it is.

You mean all people are really conscientious about the law, or she was very afraid of a smoking police inspection at any moment and because of that she decided to go outside on a late December Montreal night. Somehow...I think there was some other scenario.

In the warm weather I have gone to the tops of some Montreal hotel buildings to relax and have a drink among the stars...with a "friend", or just get a view of the city with friends and ladies. Since there was no balcony, as several assert, this would be one possibility...if there is access...IF she fell at all. Until an autopsy no one can be certain how high she fell or was pushed from or if the place they found her was where she landed or died at all .

We don't know if she perhaps crawled from wherever she landed or perhaps her body was dragged or otherwise moved before it was found, so the fact she was found on the west side of the building does not mean she landed there. How would she have fallen from the 11th story if there was no balcony to fall out of?
    Here I totally agree. There are no details indicating much more than a woman was found dead at a certain place. So everything else is supposition right now. Is speculation serving any purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    Maybe she was trying to get rid of bedbugs and made a false move ... .
    Isn't this sort of thing callous in the wake of this tragedy.

Cheers,

Merlot
    Last edited by Merlot; 12-19-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast