Thread: Thanksgiving in Montreal?

Veteran of Misadventures

Thanksgiving in Montreal?

Is there any place in Montreal where on American Thanksgiving Day (November 25) one can get some nice baked stuffed turkey with giblet gravy, mushroom stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans and buttered yams? Surely some of these touristy restaurants like Reuben's will throw a bone in our direction on Turkey Day? Oh, and don't forget the spiked egg nog, that is critical to the dinner!

Any help from the locals on where an American can go in Montreal for a real good old fashioned Thanksgiving Dinner on Turkey Day?

Turkey? Bagle and salmon!

EB
    Why turkey in Montreal! Turkey may be found anywhere in North America!
    While in Montreal over Thanksgiving, you should take the opportunity to taste real bagle with cream cheese and smoked salmon! ..and champagne!!!!
    You could also buy real smoked meat and take it back with you (I assume you can buy rye bread in your country!).
    Hotels may be serving turkey on Thanksgiving! Check the Ritz!

Veteran of Misadventures

Turkey!!!!

Lawless,

I am a traditionalist and I only eat turkey on Thanksgiving Day. Which means that if I am in Montreal on Thanksgiving Day, someone will have to make it for me.

I actually like the taste of turkey completely apart from the holiday, but rarely have it unless I go out to eat. Even the smallest of turkeys is too much for one person, so I generally only eat turkey on the holidays.

But thanks for your advice. I guess if I go I will need to ask the usual round of suspect hotels if they will be having turkey.......it would be nice.............

Habs Fan

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Train
    I'm just guessing but I would check with a place like the restaurant at The Queen Elizabeth Hotel .
    EB,

How appropriate, the restaurant is called the "Beaver Club", LOL

http://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Ho...005640,00.html

I think the revolving restaurant on top of the Delta Centreville has themed buffets, they might have something for US thanksgiving

GHG
    Bière Froide, Cold Beer! Tricolore jusqu'au bout!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI_ll-k_zzI
    Les Canadiens sont là!

Turkey

I would check first at the QE and the Ritz!
    Before going to a "buffet"!
    If EB is a member of a private club (university or otherwise) in the USA, he may also check for affiliation with a club in Montreal! The University Club may be opened to graduates from some Universities in the USA!

Veteran of Misadventures

Rooftop Restaurant at Delta C-V

GHG,

I have stayed at the Delta C-V and was always intrigued by that revolving rooftop restaurant, although I have never eaten there. I tried to get reservations there once with an SP during the Jazz Festival, but they were booked. That definitely sounds like a possible plan, I will give them a call.

Lawless,

The clubs of which I am a member unfortunately have no Montreal affiliates.

I am wondering if good ole Reubens, the one on 1116 St. Catherine St, will offer some kind of Thanksgiving Day special. It is imperative that I eat turkey that day. And drink an egg nog spiked with rum.

EB and Montreal

Wonder if EB was properly fed in Montreal ......

proud infidel

EB's Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless
    Wonder if EB was properly fed in Montreal ......
    Indeed LL, EB must be doing a lot of "thanking" and "giving" on this US holiday spent in Montreal.

shemaleluver

Veteran of Misadventures

Properly Fed

I have been properly fed........although I eschewed the tradtional American Thanksgiving Dinner in favor of sometheing else.........more on that later