View Poll Results: Does Montreal need a red light district?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would probably use SP's more

    11 55.00%
  • No, I prefer the agencies and indies

    9 45.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Montreal needs a red light district

  1. #1

    Montreal needs a red light district

    In a city that prides itself as being so rebellious, i'm amazed the police and moral majority have won this war.

    Red light districts is win/win for everyone involved as far as i'm concerned.

    1) Safer for the SP's. Who the hell knows what's going to answer when they ring that doorbell.

    2) Safer for Johns. If you get ripped off or worse, at least you know where she works.

    3) Fewer bad transactions and mismatches. Everyone ends up making a better transaction decision if it's done in a relaxed setting over drinks.

    4) Keeps the industry in a specific area. Children don't really need to know what the Supersexe sign is on St-Catherine street. But they do.

    5) Less pimps and profiteering by males because less security services are needed.

    6) Promotes tourism. Sure there's a less desirable degenerate "sex tourism' element but for the most part it's guys with lots of disposable income here to party and see the city. It also gives these single horn dogs a place to congregate as opposed to having packs of them floundering in real clubs.

    7) Reduces STD's since many of SP's who work in the district are tested regularly.

    Then again i'm probably just whining because picking a girl from a photo or a descrition doesn't do it for me. There has to be some connection for me to want to pay for it. When that happens you walk away a happy customer as opposed to walking away unsatisfied because of a bad match. That's almost non existent now in Montreal. Internet or phone hookups only....unless you want to deal with the streetwalking trash and that's just not safe.
    Last edited by HiMyNameIsJohn; 03-16-2011 at 08:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Very good points. Of course, red ligh districts are not compatible with the present legislation prohibiting in-call. But should the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court maintain the recent Himel decision, things could change. The City of Montreal would be more than happy to create such a red light because it would bring taxation revenues to the city.

    It’s hard for me to answer your poll. I think Montreal needs a red light but I would not go to such place. I prefer indys because they usually see less clients and are more mature.

    Maybe the categories should be :

    1 Yes and I would probably see SPs there

    2 Yes but would probably not see SPs there

    3 No Montreal does not need a right light

  3. #3
    Not a fan of in-calls. I'm not a germophobe but incalls is pushing it even for me.

    I prefer Red Light districts where you pay a "bar fine" for the girls to leave and you discuss business with them later at your own leisure. Customers looking for a bargain are the ones that will have to deal with the girls wanting to rush back to the club to get another guy.

    Since you're able to party and interract with them you sort of know what you're getting in terms of her time in the industry, if she's mass volume/low cost or more upscale and selective, etc...There's all kinds. You can met women in a red light district that sleep with less men than some indies, since some of them get paid a small salary by the club.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HiMyNameIsJohn View Post
    Not a fan of in-calls. I'm not a germophobe but incalls is pushing it even for me.

    I prefer Red Light districts where you pay a "bar fine" for the girls to leave and you discuss business with them later at your own leisure. Customers looking for a bargain are the ones that will have to deal with the girls wanting to rush back to the club to get another guy.

    Since you're able to party and interract with them you sort of know what you're getting in terms of her time in the industry, if she's mass volume/low cost or more upscale and selective, etc...There's all kinds. You can met women in a red light district that sleep with less men than some indies, since some of them get paid a small salary by the club.
    Funny I always felt the hole f*ckin' town was a big red light disctrict !
    Well, maybe not the west island but... they didn't want to be part of Mtrl anyway

  5. #5
    It it is indoors, it is out of sight and out of mind. Thats how the politicians and cops like it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Octagon View Post
    It it is indoors, it is out of sight and out of mind. Thats how the politicians and cops like it.
    We alread have one of these... it's the liberal party office.
    http://lecanalmasque.telequebec.tv/manchettes/172

  7. #7
    Not likley the cops will allow them back, they just got rid of all the red light districts. As long as you do it inddors, they do not seem to mind.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    More than a Red Light, an island for Adult Entertainment would be better.
    https://merb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...Helene-islands
    An island ! Are you out of your mind ?
    We have more than enough problems with stupid Federal bridges all around Mtrl.
    http://www.ledevoir.com/economie/tra...de-s-effondrer

    Imagine the traffic going to this kinda island ?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Da of the Dasein
    Posts
    1,640
    Even more than just a red light district Montreal would gain if there there were a lot more venues to practice the hobby:

    1) FKK clubs (like the Oase in Frankfurt;
    2) high end gentleman clubs (like the Bomboa, the Scandallo Lounge, the former Bahamas and W Garden where you can pick up young playmates) in São Paulo
    3) privês (incalls in private hous where you can have a party with friends and where you can choose the girl you like when they parade in front of you)
    4) Termas, like in Rio
    5) vintãos (20$ brothels)
    6) predios (building like the Itaiaia in São Paulo: a six story building with a dozen of garotas selling their wares for you. On the best days, there are hundred of garotas on the stairway. You can stop at each storey to have a drink if you want. Girls from the ugliest to the nicest. The experience of a lifetime)

    Montreal is already a nice city for the hobby but with adding more venues of different it would be even more varegiated.
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

    Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by protagoras View Post
    Even more than just a red light district Montreal would gain if there there were a lot more venues to practice the hobby:

    1) FKK clubs (like the Oase in Frankfurt;
    2) high end gentleman clubs (like the Bomboa, the Scandallo Lounge, the former Bahamas and W Garden where you can pick up young playmates) in São Paulo
    3) privês (incalls in private hous where you can have a party with friends and where you can choose the girl you like when they parade in front of you)
    4) Termas, like in Rio
    5) vintãos (20$ brothels)
    6) predios (building like the Itaiaia in São Paulo: a six story building with a dozen of garotas selling their wares for you. On the best days, there are hundred of garotas on the stairway. You can stop at each storey to have a drink if you want. Girls from the ugliest to the nicest. The experience of a lifetime)

    Montreal is already a nice city for the hobby but with adding more venues of different it would be even more varegiated.
    HEy ! wouldn't you mind running for mayor ?
    I'd vote for you anytime !
    We desperately need to get rid of the actual one !

    I didn't say moron...I said actual one !

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatara View Post
    Not likley the cops will allow them back, they just got rid of all the red light districts. As long as you do it inddors, they do not seem to mind.

    Here is an idea! How about an indoor mall red light district for MPs and SPs?

  12. #12
    Out of Order
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    138
    You guys, you do know that this could be a possibility one day... morals are getting looser and looser, and with poster boys like Charlie Sheen in the states the idea of going out with escorts is getting more mundane. The ruling on bawdy houses being unconstitutional being on appeal, once the appeals court (and then the Supreme Court) states that bawdy houses are allowed, you'll end up with a Red Light District for sure.

    Maybe then the government will be forced to step in and take control, and if they want to protect SPs from human trafficing, and maybe make money off of it too (one stone two birds), then that's all they can do. Nationalize bordellos. That would be a good idea I think. Government owned incall bordellos, something like the SAQ and Loto-Quebec/Casino. Common, it's the job of the government to sell us Vices... and then the money can go to good causes no, like hospitals haha. And the SP haha, they'll be 'des fonctionnaires de l'états" HAhaha
    Last edited by Royal; 03-23-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny.
    (")_(") Bunny will devour your soul.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •