Thread: Hotels on the West Island

Hotels on the West Island

I am planning a few nice hours with a lady during the day.
    Does anyone has some suggestion as to a nice hotel, where I can get a room for a few hours. I have seen some hotels driving through the West Island, but I am not sure which one of those offers a room by the hour, without drawing funny looks.

i am not looking for a four star hotel, but wouldn't want to stay in a dump either.
    Thanks

Your cheapest bet would be the Comfort Inn motel on st John's, just south of the 40. Alternately, there is a Holiday Inn (just off the 40, st John's exit) and some other hotel right after this exit, on the service road.

Funny you should bring this up - was considering a venue for takeout on sat - I live nearby.
    If you should drown or be hanged, make sure to take note of your sensations.

proud infidel
    Hi Lange,

i 'm not sure what you mean by west island ,for it is pretty big, but the hotels along highway 40 seem rather expensive. Perhaps you'll have to resort going back to good ol St-Jacques st for a few hours of fun.

shemaleluver

Quote Originally Posted by shemaleluver
    Hi Lange,

i 'm not sure what you mean by west island ,for it is pretty big, but the hotels along highway 40 seem rather expensive. Perhaps you'll have to resort going back to good ol St-Jacques st for a few hours of fun.

shemaleluver
    Could you elaborate a bit more? My Montreal geography is a bit weak.
    THX

Well, if you go down the 20 west, pass the bridge after the Ste-Anne-De-Bellevue exit, you'll see a few MOTELS on the left hand side...not as classy as a hotel but cheaper.

A few years ago, the price was 40 bucks for a 2-3 hours if I am not mistaken...not sure now

proud infidel

St Jacques st west

Quote Originally Posted by langeweile
    Could you elaborate a bit more? My Montreal geography is a bit weak.
    THX
    Hey Lange, you've never been on St Jacques west? I'm surprised, but then again i know that you have already said that you are not from here.

You can take autoroute Ville-Marie west bound if you're downtown and then take the exit 20 west in the direction of Toronto and then exit at St-Jacques st west.

Perhaps another way which may be easier is by taking Sherbrooke st west bound and, past Décarie, make a left on Girouard st, then go down the little hill where you must pass under the overpass and then make an immediate turn to your right and head straight ahead towards the end of that street (whose name may be upper Lachine)? until it finally merges with St-Jacques st. Once on St- Jacques, you'll have to continue about 3/4 mile west bound to find Le Chablis motel which will be to your right.

If these instructions seem as confusing to you as they are for me, just call a taxi company and have them explain it to you their own way...

ps. if you're located really downtown and you don't want to rack your brains too much, there's always "l'Hôtel Le Nouveau Forum" on St Antoine st west just behind the Bell Center, maybe 30 feet or so to the west of it and on the north side of the street. There's a good chance that a 4-hr room could be offered to you at that hotel, especially if you go during the day.

shemaleluver