Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Impossible to access XXXtase website from the Sheraton Center

  1. #1
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,824

    Impossible to access XXXtase website from the Sheraton Center

    I'm having the same problem i had since the last time i stayed there. For reasons unknown to me, it's impossible to surf to XXXtase's website from this hotel. It's the only 'escort' website that is giving me this problem. I remember having the same problem a year ago. Anyone know why?

  2. #2
    they're likely blocking addresses with xxx in them. I had a similar experience on the free wifi in Place Montreal Trust. I got a message saying access to www.montrealxxxtase.com was blocked. merb was ok as was eleganza, asservissante etc

  3. #3
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,824
    Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    they're likely blocking addresses with xxx in them. I had a similar experience on the free wifi in Place Montreal Trust. I got a message saying access to www.montrealxxxtase.com was blocked. merb was ok as was eleganza, asservissante etc
    Makes sense. In my case, i didn't get any message. The page would search & search for the web address, and after maybe 20 seconds or so, i'd get the screen (the one that shows up everytime you can't access a webpage) saying it was unable to connect to the site requested.

    Next time, i'll check to see if i can log on to other sites with xxx in its url.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    950
    I had the same problem but when i went to the business center and used the hotels computer I was able to go to the site. Go figure.

  5. #5
    Try replacing www.montrealxxxtase.com with 69.175.81.140

    Problem is, you'll have to do it manually for each page and whatever flash or fancy programming won't work.

    You could create a manual config file on your laptop but that will leave a trace on the laptop. Maybe Techman can explain more in details.

  6. #6
    Try using a free vpn service like this one: http://www.raptorvpn.com/whmcs/ Easy to use and free.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  7. #7
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Same thing happened to me last time I stayed there!! I kept telling Martin that his website was down when it was actually just not connecting from the Sheraton. As Doc said, there was no message saying "this site is blocked" or anything like that, just wouldn't connect to it. Pretty ridiculous really. I'll try using Techman's link if I ever stay here again.
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  8. #8
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,155
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatwalooo View Post
    I had the same problem but when i went to the business center and used the hotels computer I was able to go to the site. Go figure.
    I was also able to access the XXXtase site at the business center. There are 8 terminals there and you have to be careful because kids are milling around in that area. When I saw Alexia Memorial Day weekend I only called for her after viewing her pics on the XXXtase website at the Sheraton business center. I did not bring my laptop with me on that trip.

  9. #9
    Its probably cause of the xxx on my url cause most of the time someone call to tell me the website dosent work they called from the sheraton center
    Martin & the XXXTase Team 438-345-8064 Voice / Text Message - Private Message - www.montrealXXXTase.com
    Best customer service & PUNCTUALITY. HOTTEST LADIES
    that offer the best service and have the BEST ATTITUDE
    Make XXXTase your first choice.

  10. #10
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,155
    Has anyone asked the Sheraton for the telephone number of their IT specialists? This should be a fixable problem. But even if they can't or don't want to fix it, someobody should at least call the IT specialist and gain an explanation for the problem and whether it can be fixed. It is not against the law to look at an escort agency website in the privacy of one's own hotel room.

    And Martin, you can make that call yourself so that when customers are blocked from your website you know what to tell them. You can also tell them to go downstairs to the business center which is open 24/7 and is FREE, just like the air. That is where I viewed the pics of Alexia the day I called you and booked her. It was good talking to you by the ways, and thanks for the recommendation.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 07-09-2011 at 11:42 AM.

  11. #11
    The "IT specialist" is probably an external company who could not care less about the hotel's client and certainly won't make changes to proxy/firewall rules on a hotel client's request. Look at the login screen when you connect to get that company's name.
    The only solution I see is to talk to hotel management. This of course mean you have to admit to your activities... Or you can do as Techman suggested and avoid all the problems, while staying 100% anonymous.

  12. #12
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    The "IT specialist" is probably an external company who could not care less about the hotel's client and certainly won't make changes to proxy/firewall rules on a hotel client's request. Look at the login screen when you connect to get that company's name.
    The only solution I see is to talk to hotel management. This of course mean you have to admit to your activities... Or you can do as Techman suggested and avoid all the problems, while staying 100% anonymous.
    I had to deal with the Hilton Bonaventure's IT specialists. They are an external company that is subcontracted by the hotel, but their job is customer service and they care very much about the hotel customer. It is true you would probably have to give them your room number and check in name (if a real name is used), but it is not illegal to ask questions about why you cannot view an escort agency website in Montreal. You can also make up a story that you are looking at the website as a favor for a friend who will be joining you at the hotel later in the day.

    Someone please call the Sheraton IT specialist! They exist to provide service, and they are not permitted by the Sheraton to have a we don't give a shit attitude or they lose the contract.

  13. #13
    ‹^› ‹(•Ώ•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    I had to deal with the Hilton Bonaventure's IT specialists. They are an external company that is subcontracted by the hotel, but their job is customer service and they care very much about the hotel customer. It is true you would probably have to give them your room number and check in name (if a real name is used), but it is not illegal to ask questions about why you cannot view an escort agency website in Montreal. You can also make up a story that you are looking at the website as a favor for a friend who will be joining you at the hotel later in the day.

    Someone please call the Sheraton IT specialist! They exist to provide service, and they are not permitted by the Sheraton to have a we don't give a shit attitude or they lose the contract.
    You seem to have a lot of free time today, take it upon yourself and call them!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

    Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At cleo's
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    I had to deal with the Hilton Bonaventure's IT specialists. They are an external company that is subcontracted by the hotel, but their job is customer service and they care very much about the hotel customer. It is true you would probably have to give them your room number and check in name (if a real name is used), but it is not illegal to ask questions about why you cannot view an escort agency website in Montreal. You can also make up a story that you are looking at the website as a favor for a friend who will be joining you at the hotel later in the day.
    I agree that it is not illegal but most people like to keep a low profile when it comes to this and if they buy the story that you are calling on behalf of a friend then i will sell them the montreal canadians real cheap, there on special

  15. #15
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    You seem to have a lot of free time today, take it upon yourself and call them!
    I am not at the Sheraton today, otherwise I would.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •