Thread: Any bars with live country/western music in Montreal?

Proudly Liberal
    Eastern Canada

Any bars with live country/western music in Montreal?

The doc loves country/western, especially the classics.....Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, etc.

I've been travelling to Mtl since 1988 and i've yet to hear about a club or bar where you can go & watch live country music being played by a group. Are there such clubs in downtown Montreal?

I also love classic rock. Any clubs in downtown Mtl with groups playing classic rock music?
    "Never Trump"

The Da of the Dasein
    For the last 45 years there's an institution in Montreal when it comes to country music: The Wheel in NDG.

Wheel Club
    3373 Cavendish Blvd.
    Montreal, Quebec H4B 2L7
    (514) 489-3322

A long time ago, near Le Parc Lafontaine there was a French Canadian country club, Le Rocher Percé, that was also a meeting place for the gaspésienne community. Unfortunately it doesn't exist anymore. (I am not a country music fan but as a former musician - a jazz saxophonist more precisely - I am aware of the muscial scene in Montreal).
    ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

It's a whole new ballgame
    Where I belong.
    A proud member of The Pinko Beatnik Conspiracy®

Was a place on Papineau, west side below Beaubien that catered to the gaspésienne community.

Haven't been in the area for awhile.

Respect & Honour
    On The Front lines
    1,433 They used to have genuine live country music every weekend. Haven't been there in a number of years, so not sure if it is the same. Big and nice place inside. In a real divey neighborhood though. A skid row motel behind the bar. Had a drunk Russian guy step right in front of my car, while I was driving by there one rainy night. Threw him in the air, coming down smashing my windsheild. Thought I had killed him. I heard he was hobbling around the area a few days later, with his arm in a sling,, looking for drugs. Very close to Les Amazones and the Chablis BTW.