Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacques martin

Jacques martin

how long he will the canadian coach.I .tkink he will not finish the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by simonpaul View Post
    how long he will the canadian coach.I .tkink he will not finish the regular season.
    before he leave we should get red of Gauthier then J M will get the message .

Hockey is a spectator sport. We watch the games to be entertained and some of us even listen to the post game interviews with the coach. For his boring system and even more boring interaction with the media alone, I will fire him the day I buy the Canadiens.

I`m not sure if he has been ordered to let Gomez play.
    - If not, I don`t understand how he could foul his top lines and power play for so long with that scared passenger.
    - If so, one more reason to get rid of Gauthier and Gainey (if the latter is still pulling the strings).

Finally, Gomez has been put on the fourth line, but it is evidence of slow thinking for it to have taken years.

jacques can relax now,the focus for the journalists will be untlil the end of2011 kaberle.they only focus on one guy at the time!

enfin out on attends patrick roy

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Jacques Martin fired this morning

The Montreal Canadiens fired head coach Jacques Martin on Saturday morning.

Players were informed by general manager Pierre Gauthier upon arriving at morning skate at the Bell Centre.

Assistant Randy Cunneyworth will take the reins through the end of the season. Canadiens assistant GM and former NHLer Larry Carrière has been named an assistant coach.

Martin, who was named coach of the Montreal Canadiens after a dissapointing 2008-2009 campaign, led the Canadiens to a berth in the eastern conference finals in 2010. He racked up 642 wins during his 17 years as an NHL coach and won the Jack Adams award for coach of the year in 1999.

(Looks like this thread will also soon be fired.....lol)

we needs a coach with guts like patick R

Retired veteran hobbyist
    we needs a coach with guts like patick R
    Patrick Roy doesn't have the temperament to be an NHL coach. He'd be volatile & always angry....another Mario Tremblay when he first coached.

One of the Therrien brothers would be a good coach for the habs, i think. Michel is a wiser & better coach than he was when he first coached the habs. Gaston is very knowledgeable about hockey & knows the team as much as anybody. Mario Tremblay might just be what this team of underachievers needs today. Heck, why not give Michel Bergeron a chance?

you forgot the health problem of Nichel.I think his style of coaching was good only for the game before the lock out.

my prediction was good when i started the review.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    you forgot the health problem of Nichel.
    What health problem? The fact he had a heart attack 12 years ago or so? Who cares? His heart is healthy now. I know people who've had heart attacks in their 30's and and have gone on to live healthy lives.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Benoit Brunet just mentionned on RDS that over the past 25-30 seasons, the habs have seen dozens of coaches & each coach averaged about 2 seasons. Ridiculous!

is about time now get red of bone head Gauthier wich he is more stupid than Jacque Martin.and yes let MR Gainey loose as well.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by amazona View Post
    is about time now get red of bone head Gauthier wich he is more stupid than Jacque Martin.and yes let MR Gainey loose as well.
    Twenty minutes ago, i mentionned to a fellow merbite that the wrong guy got fired today.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    "Montreal has now fired the wrong guy twice in 2 1/2 months. The equipment guy is next."----------Rat Rato (CSN)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast