Thread: Violence in Hockey Linked to Montreal Ethnic Gangs?

It's a whole new ballgame

Violence in Hockey Linked to Montreal Ethnic Gangs?

An article in the NY Times suggests that violence in hockey originated with Montreal ethnic gangs in the late 19th century.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/11/sp...ontreal&st=cse
    The mounties always get their man.

Supposedly everything bad in the world is because of ethnic groups, even turnadoes in texas

Go ahead, blame it on Brashear's ancestors!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemaker View Post
    Supposedly everything bad in the world is because of ethnic groups, even turnadoes in texas

Go ahead, blame it on Brashear's ancestors!
    I hear you Lovemaker. However I believe you're approaching your understanding of the article the wrong way. It's not about an minority stirring shit around (which is, I agree, overly used as an explanation to violent problems), but actually conflicts between the various ethnic groups of the late 19 century. The french canadians are an ethnic group as much as the english, irish and scottish. In that regard the article blames racism and not the race themselves.

Wallseye, thanks for clearing it up. I didn't read the article i was just trying to be a smartass

you know what all the problem are coming from montreal, may be all the solutions are coming from ny!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovemaker View Post
    Wallseye, thanks for clearing it up. I didn't read the article i was just trying to be a smartass
    No problem Lovemaker. I'm always up to serve crictical thinking's cause. Peace!