Thread: Is the multiple posting of an ad acceptable or considered cheap?

Is the multiple posting of an ad acceptable or considered cheap?

Don't know if this discussion ever came up. Would a hobbyist tend to be more attracted to an ad that has been posted multiple times throughout the day or is it considered a turnoff. Wouldn't it send negative signals to the customer?
    I A.M. THE PATHFINDER

Fun n games til some1...
    wiki-robinx could probably tell us if this discussion's ever appeared before. oh robin!!??

multiple ad postings are somewhat cheesy but if it's from a respected agency, indy, etc... i doubt it matters too much.

It's a whole new ballgame
    What I do when I log in is hit the "New Posts" button. The more recently an agency has posted, the easier it is for me to see their lineup for the day. I welcome their multiple posts. To me, it's a sign of attention to detail and, hence, sends me a positive signal. And, don't forget, they are limited to three posts per day.
    The mounties always get their man.

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    What I do when I log in is hit the "New Posts" button. The more recently an agency has posted, the easier it is for me to see their lineup for the day. I welcome their multiple posts. To me, it's a sign of attention to detail and, hence, sends me a positive signal. And, don't forget, they are limited to three posts per day.
    Thanks for your input. I'm talking about ads in 123 or Jaysx. I see some are posted 5 , 6 times the same day. Indies I noticed more of.
    I A.M. THE PATHFINDER

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by pathfinder View Post
    Thanks for your input. I'm talking about ads in 123 or Jaysx. I see some are posted 5 , 6 times the same day. Indies I noticed more of.
    In that case, I'd think it's a sign of too much time on their hands. Not a good sign at all.
    The mounties always get their man.

the last of the mohicans
    from experience, the best hidden gems only have one or two ads..and they are well hidden in between all that junk.
    i personally hate multi-ad posters..usually its a red flag that they suck, and not in a deepthroating kind of way.
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

The worse multi postings are the ones that put 3 or 4 identical ads one after the other.

The way I see it, if it posted four and five or six times on 123 of Jaysx, the service could be lacking. I don't get on either one very much mainly due to my lack of ability to read or speak French, or the need for a completely independent SP. In other cities, my experience with independents who advertise on these types of media, is not good. I prefer using agencies, and find the practice of reposting their ads three times here on MERB completely acceptable.
    Sweetwater
    "I have the right to remain silent, but I don't have the ability": Ron White
    "Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?": Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear" (1991)
    Pussycat Song- The Asylum Street Spankers
    Scrotum Song- The Asylum Street Spankers

Fun n games til some1...
    but u have to admit the multiple posting (3 or more daily) are eye catching and make you look so that end goal for someone posting. mission accomplished.