Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schwartz's sold to Titanic singer!

Schwartz's sold to Titanic singer!

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/vivre/cuis...-schwartzs.php

Well it's a done deal. The Musical has come true, at least partly. Céline and René and the Nakis family (Da Giovanni, Winnies, etc...) have bought out this institution. They promise to keep it as is.
    Let's hope for the best.
    Didn't Céline sing the theme song to the Titanic sinking?
    Captain out!

ebonylover retired...
    Cool !!!! Il va y avoir plein de franchises partout !
    Plus de lineup démentiel sur la main pour manger un smokemeat sur un rebord de table ou carrément dehors sur le trottoir pis fait frette en hiver
    Sérieusement, je n'ai pas toujours bien compris cet engouement "extraordinaire" pour Swartz

Puis j'ai habité juste à côté, fait que je n'ai jamais attendu plus de 5 minutes car je savais quand y aller ...

Bon là, au cas ou certain n'aurait pas compris, j'étais ironique ! lol
    Oui c'est une institution qu'il faut préserver ... Mais aussi les investisseurs sont là pour faire du cash...
    Donc des franchises bien sélectionnées et avec le même standard de qualité, moi je suis pour !
    Tiens je vais appeler René ... j'en installerai bien une pas loin de chez moi hé hé hé !

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I agree with Pat98. I'd also like to add that i have a feeling the place will be better run under the new ownership. It's also dear time for a facelift. Maybe if Ben's Deli would either have been sold or been renovated, it still would be in business instead of being torn down in favor of Hotel St-Martin.

Maybe they`ll rename it Celine`s Fantasy Smoked Meat

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Whatever changes they make to that dump will benefit everyone.

They say that they will not franchise. At the price of $10 million I suspect they will be putting locations all over the place. They will just call it company owned and not a franchise.
    Funny thing, If Celine never made it big in the music world she would have made a good waitress. Perhaps at a smoked mat restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatara View Post
    They say that they will not franchise. At the price of $10 million I suspect they will be putting locations all over the place. They will just call it company owned and not a franchise..
    I think you're right.
    I don't remember in which media, but 1-2 weeks ago they were talking about the possibility of Angelil-Dion buying Schwartz's and they were planning on opening other locations, but outside Quebec, like in North America or Europe.

Longtimers, Celine Dion backed-out of Nickel's many, many years ago.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    True. The food there sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    From wikipedia " Nickels was originally created by pop diva Céline Dion, who opened her first restaurant in 1990. Dion has since divested her interests in the chain and is no longer affiliated with Nickels as of 1997"

If i remember correctly, Nickel's were popping up all over the place, but a lot of them closed after they stopped the promotion of a second sandwich at a cost of a nickel (0.05)

Quote Originally Posted by pokerpro View Post
    I don't remember in which media, they were planning on opening other locations, but outside Quebec, like in North America or Europe.
    I heard the rumors involving Las Vegas

Later
    Dragon

Las Vagas, of course.
    Close to home for Céline and René...why not René-Charles and the twins Nelson-Eddy (OMG, plus quétaine que ça, tu meurs).
    A regular diet of Schwartz will probably be the end of René. Angioplasty anyone?
    Captain out!

Selon la presse et radio canada schwartz ne sera pas franchisé

Retired veteran hobbyist
    When is the best time of the day to avoid lineups at that place?

There's no way in hell to recoup $10,000,000.00 from one restaurant, they have to franchise!

I know I'm just an occasional visitor, but I remember going there during the week @ 10:30 AM , and walked right in

Excellent meat platter with a Cott's, if I recall correctly ?

Best Regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast