Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official MERB 2011-2012 NHL Playoffs thread

The Official MERB 2011-2012 NHL Playoffs thread

Hello everyone,

To separate the regular season, which has now come to an end, from the playoffs, I have created this new Playoffs thread. The same rules apply as to any Official thread with one extra stipulation: This thread is only for discussion of the NHL Playoffs and the teams taking part in them. This should allow true hockey fans to discuss their sport without being distracted by posts regarding teams that are no longer in the hunt. General discussion may continue in the regular NHL thread.

Thank you,

Mod 8

YESS ! Finally a hockey thread wich we won't hear about the same teams again and again !

I like it !

My picks for 2nd round (the ones I'd like they move on).
    Eastern conf :
    Rangers,
    Boston,
    Panthers,
    Flyers
    Pls. let it be Flyers against Bruins again this year !!!
    I will be able to enjoy every goal from either side !

But first lets have a physical one between Pens and Flyers !
    It's fun to see players from other teams get beat up !
    Not injured but at least all fuzzy

Western conf :
    Canucks
    Blues
    BlackHawks
    Wings

Pls let it be Blues against Wings !
    Again I'll be able to cheer for any of those 2 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentle View Post
    Western conf :

Which proves that you have excellent taste!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 8 View Post
    Hello everyone,

...one extra stipulation: This thread is only for discussion of the NHL Playoffs and the teams taking part in them. This should allow true hockey fans to discuss their sport without being distracted by posts regarding teams that are no longer in the hunt. General discussion may continue in the regular NHL thread.

Thank you,

Mod 8
    Merci beaucoup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gentle View Post
    YESS ! Finally a hockey thread wich we won't hear about the same teams again and again !

I like it !

My picks for 2nd round (the ones I'd like they move on).
    Eastern conf :
    Rangers,
    Boston,
    Panthers,
    Flyers
    Pls. let it be Flyers against Bruins again this year !!!
    I will be able to enjoy every goal from either side !

But first lets have a physical one between Pens and Flyers !
    It's fun to see players from other teams get beat up !
    Not injured but at least all fuzzy

Western conf :
    Canucks
    Blues
    BlackHawks
    Wings

Well, I know you are picking with your heart, but I'm not sure the Flyers can handle the Penguins. The Panthers were also just the best of a weak division. The Devils should take them.

The Bruins have a shot, but Nathan Horton was a key spark they needed in close games. It looks like he's won't be playing.

If not the Bruins, it would be great to see the Blues end their franchise drought and win it all. But the Blues live and die on defense. Maybe that can compensate for an offense with no outstanding punch, but they dare not get behind by two.

Cheers,

Merlot

Good thread M8.......... Blues all the way! Or the Preds.... Would not mind seeing the Yotes take it either, or the Sharks!

Banned
    Hello all,

Bruins' Nathan Horton to miss playoffs

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/n...layoffs-041112

''We lose a pretty good player, but then we haven't had him for quite a long time now,'' Bruins coach Claude Julien said. ''He's had some setbacks lately where you could tell that he was feeling the pressure of trying to come back for the playoffs and when you're not feeling well, that's not right.''

The 26-year-old left wing played in a career-low 46 games this season and had 17 goals and 15 assists this season. He had 26 goals and 27 assists last season.

During last year's Stanley Cup run, Horton had three game winners, including the deciding goals in Game 7 victories over Montreal and Tampa Bay. But he missed the final four games of the championship series against Vancouver after suffering a concussion in Game 3.

continued...

Horton may not be a decisive key for the team, but he has shown how valuable he can be under the highest pressure in "Do or Die" time. The Stanley Cup Champions will miss him somewhere along the line.

Merlot

Well it's only 2 first games but so far so good with Flyers.
    Preds are looking good though !

2 Quebecois got 2 goals each (Bourque et Briere).
    Good stuff !

Nashville has a really really good team and Rinne is a top 5 NHL goalie and the Preds will go as far as he can take them. Darren Helm took a skate to his arm and is undergoing surgery as of this post.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012...hospital-tests

First time to I had a chance at looking at the Kings this year and I loved the speed of the game between them and Vancouver.
    Quick is fun to watch

Yeah despite Caps Goalie great job, they were no match to Bruins.
    Kelly did a very good job also.

Bruins should move on anyway !

Luved Chara getting pissed by Ovi

Hope they'll be more goals on the next game though, it was getting a bit boring at one point !

Well, I'm pulling for Pittsburgh. But the Flyers are going to be a close first round series, whichever way it goes.

Watched the Detroit vs Nashville game and it was a good one up to the finish.

Wings won so it's tied but looks now like this series could go up to the 7th game.

Despite Habs being out of the playoffs, I like the playoffs this year so far.
    I can appreciate more other teams by having the time to watch them.

Now it's time for Kings vs. Canucks and I luv it since I no longer pick one team more than the other now.

God I luv Hockey !

Woh ! Canucks were gonna be 0 in 7 on power play but... even worst Kings scored just before the end period.

With this kind of aggressive penalty killings, I think this series could go for a 7th game also.
    Wouldn't it be fun ?

Unless Kings create the upset earlier !

As for the Flyers vs. Pittsburgh what a feat ?
    2 hat tricks from players of the same team in a playoffs game.

It's been a long time we didn't see that !

Caps vs Bruins game was super.

Bruins played a good game but got robbed by Holtby.

He was incredible and although Thomas was very good also, Thomas seemed to be pretty much pissed when he left at the end of the game. Most probably because it was Backstrom's goal

It's 1-1 and I like it.

The more games there is, the more fun it gets !!!

Thomas always skates away as fast as possible with a OT loss, most goalies do. Caps will be very tough to beat at home now and have the advantage, Go Caps! ..... Rangers let one get away and seems Ryan Callahan was hurt on the last goal but not sure how bad yet, might of just been a stinger, who knows at this point. Alfreddson took a hard hit also and left the game, only playing 11 minutes all night, boo who Daniel.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast