Thread: Unprotected sex knowing you have HIV.... Crime?

Banned

Unprotected sex knowing you have HIV.... Crime?

I remember a thread questioning if a person with HIV having unprotected sex is committing a crime in the eyes of the law. Looks like it happened again... here's the answer...

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/A...6520_107010416

What the article doesn't say or show is that she was aware or her being HIV positive at the time... If she was not aware how could she have informed them?

Also, why were the soldiers not wearing condoms? In all likelyhood she got it from a soldier. And how many other women did these soldiers have unprotected sex with?

Sex without a condom is just plain foolish!

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtylady
    What the article doesn't say or show is that she was aware or her being HIV positive at the time... If she was not aware how could she have informed them?
    Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    Yes but if she was charged with aggravated assault, one can assume that she knew of her hiv+ status beforehand and failed to inform her partner.

There's an interesting passage in the news article which kind of vindicates SA in another thread. The article states that in Canada people whose partners are hiv+ and who are not informed of this cannot be considered to be consenting to sex. Hence, the hiv+ person is liable to be charged with aggravated assault. However, the article never states if that applies also to protected sex.

fml
    fml

Talking Condom Please!

Quote Originally Posted by naughtylady

Sex without a condom is just plain foolish!

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    Ronnie Baby:

Could you please put a condom on my thumb before you suck on it??? On the serious side, yes, you are absolutely right! Guys, Listen to Dr. Ronnie, practice safe sex but not death wish please!!!
    Louisisgreat
    The exiled Philosopher King of the Pan Hellenistic Empire.
    Ο εξορισμένος βασιλιάς φιλοσόφων της παν αυτοκρατορίας Ελληνικη.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by SMACK APPEAL

Lets put it this way, If you had protected sex with someone you later found out was HIV+ , wouldn't that kinda piss you off afterwards?..I'm sure you would still want to get tested and go through hell for the next few months. Also ask yourself, would you have protected sex with a person you knew was HIV+ ?
    SA
    Good point SA! I struggled in the case of Lara Roxx and finally decided that it wasn't worth the risk.
    fml

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge69
    SPs: know they have the hiv virus ?

Johns: know they have the hiv virus ?

You might already infected and spreading the good news. Everybody should get a check up every month especially if they are active in this field.

The majoruty of sp's and johns, do not get checked and that's the real problem.

Every time I receive my results I'm nervous about it. After all we all had condom malfunction out there.
    My guess is that around 1 per cent of johns and between 2 and 5 per cent of sps (street workers included) are hiv +.

I share your concerns, judge69, about the risk of hiv transmission, but i think your testing recommendations are exaggerated. If an individual feels compelled to get tested once every month, as you recommend, even though he is being cautious and always wears a condom, then i think it's sad and i feel sorry for him because that person lives in constant fear and cannot enjoy the hobby. I would advise him to quit the hobby. I think getting tested twice a year if your a john and once every 3 months for an sp is probably more appropriate.

fml
    fml

My guess is that around 1 per cent of johns and between 2 and 5 per cent of sps (street workers included) are hiv +.
    Je ne suis vraiment pas d`accord, les travailleuses du sexe sont des professionellis et utilisent les condoms beaucoup plus regulierement que la population en generale. Une etude demontre que 99% , au moins, des TDS utilisent le condom pour toutes relations sexuelles completes dans le cadre de leur travail. La majorite l`utilisent egalement avec leur partenaire de vie. De plus, comme on utilise beaucoup le condom, on sait comment l`utiliser adequatement et ca limite les risques de le briser ou de mal l`installer et rend son utilisation plus confortable. Toi, trouves-tu le condom sexy ?

Shanna

proud infidel
    Hi people,

well, maybe i was off with my numbers , but they were just my wild guesses. You can rest assured, my numbers have no scientific grounds . As for sps, though, i was also including SW in whom perhaps the numbers are higher.

fml
    fml

An interesting statistic: a study at Stanford University shoed that 1 in 4 students has an STI. Something to think about.

Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

I also agree with shanna and juzt_a_girl

I have always felt safer with SP than meeting someone at a bar. I don't have any statistics to back this up just personal conversations. Yes, "condoms are sexy".

I "feel" condoms are almost as good as no condoms. However you may need to try many different brands to find one that "feels" right for you. And it's fun to experiment with different kinds.

I won't give a Consumer Review on condoms here but one of my favorites is BEYOND SEVEN Studded Lubricated. They are made in Japan and widely available. I get them from Amazon.com. I have also had women comment that they really like them. One woman asked to keep the wrapper so she could get more.

Lifestyles Lubricated and Trojan Ultra Thin are also pretty good. Or go to Condomania.com and special order them to your size. I have not tried this but am tempted.

Mods: maybe I should have started a new thread on condoms?

proud infidel

.3 per cent

Hi,

apparently the official hiv prevalence for the general Canadian population is .3 per cent. However, iv-drug users account for 25 per cent of these cases. So the take-home-message i guess is to try to steer clear as much as possible from iv-drug-using sps.

fml

http://hivinsite.ucsf.edu/global?page=cr07-00-00
    fml