Thread: Cleaning of sex toys

Cleaning of sex toys

I would like to know what is the best way to clean sex toys.. I have bought a silicone dildo for my girlfriend and not sure it a mild hand soap or a dish soap it the best way to clean it after use.. I do not want to use something that will harm the silicone. thanking you all in advacne.

I use a surgical scrub

I am sure something like phisoderm will do as good of a job

Where 's my friend Sapman on this one ??

Best Regards

Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

Go to a sex shop and buy Vibro Net. It both cleans and disinfects and it's probably one of the best products on the market.

thanks a lot will try the antibacerial soap... and the toys are only used on her

>>> Edited: People who have nothing good to say should refrain from saying anything. Mod 11.
    Last edited by Mod 11; 08-21-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Dish soap or even body soap. if the toy need more than that it is time to throw it away and get a new one.

Silicone can withstand cleaning in a dishwasher.

i use a condom over my dildo.
    then i still clean it afterwards with soap and water

Silicone can handle almost anything you can find in a house as far as cleaning agent. The only thing I'd stay away from is acetone (nail polish remover) or stuff like CLR and even, then, CLR might be safe.

For fun, I've look around Google with the words "damage" "silicone" . It's amazing how people clean aquariums (joints between glass are silicone), menstrual cups, kitchen utensils, all stuff made of or containing silicone. As long as the cleaning product isn't abrasive so it doesn't do physical damages, it should be ok from what I found.

So, alcohol, bleach, peroxide, vinegar, soap, let yourself loose! Just rinse really good with water before use.
    Last edited by Mod 11; 08-24-2012 at 12:08 PM.

It's a whole new ballgame
    Where I belong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    Silicone can handle almost anything you can find in a house as far as cleaning agent.
    One thing that can damage a silicone toy, believe it or not, it lubricants containing silicone itself. The silicone in the lubricant can degrade the silicone in the toy.
    A proud member of The Pinko Beatnik Conspiracy®