Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: Abortion VS vasectomy.. (can't believe i am making a thread about it)

  1. #1
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,169

    Abortion VS vasectomy.. (can't believe i am making a thread about it)

    Mod,

    With due respect, see my last post. The OP presented the situation of a condom popping and a presumed pregnancy as a result. There are in fact two approaches to prevent this kind of accident (the accident being a child birth), one is a proactive vasectomy before the fact and one is an abortion after the fact. The actual contraceptive, a condom, has been used, and failed, in the OP's example. The question is prevention of accidents and the costs and risks of same.
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 08-22-2012 at 01:46 PM.

  2. #2
    It's a whole new ballgame
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Where I belong.
    Posts
    6,328
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    In the OP's example the condom has already been used (and failed) as the contraceptive method. In that situation the objective then is to prevent a child birth.
    True, but a vasectomy won't help AFTER the condom pops. He's talking about getting one to prevent accidents in the future, not rectifying past accidents. Apples and oranges. My sense from your first post is that you suggested skipping the vasectomy and just get the abortion if the condom pops. That, to my mind, is recommending using abortion as a replacement for contraception. No?
    The mounties always get their man.

  3. #3
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,169
    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    T. That, to my mind, is recommending using abortion as a replacement for contraception. No?
    See my last post.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    I said another method that was cheaper is an abortion. I don't think it is possible for abortion to be a form of contraception.
    I agree yo never suggested that abortion is contraception, that's nonsense, but you suggested that abortion is a good alternative to vasectomy, considering it is efficient and cheaper to prevent the birth of an unwantd child. I mean, really, EB. You may not want a vasectomy if you expect to have a child in the future. That's fine. But if you don't, suggesting abortion as an alternative to vasectomy is stupid in my mind. Contrary to what you say, costs are about the same for both, far worst in the case of abortion if you consider physical and psychological effects and risks. I just can't understand why men who fuck with many ladies once they had their children do not want vasectomy. Men may consider assuming their responsibilities in contraception at least once in their life. Resorting to vasectomy in their late forties is certainly the best way to do it. And please do not bring in the condom in the discussion. They are great to prevent std but a bad method of contraception.

  5. #5
    Veteran of Misadventures
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,169
    Gugu,

    Certain men are not candidates for a vasectomy due to other unrelated health issues and I suspect there are others who would not want to have an invasive surgery. An abortion also carries risks to the woman. Abortion represents a desirable alternative for some, based on circumstances, to prevent an unwanted childbirth. It is not 100% that vasectomy is the correct or even desirable course of action in every situation. There are alternatives.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Certain men are not candidates for a vasectomy due to other unrelated health issues and I suspect there are others who would not want to have an invasive surgery.
    I'm not a specialist, but I see no health issue other then psychological (shyness is probably the most important) that could prevent a men from having a vasectomy, a minor intervention done under local anesthetics. Also, calling this an invasive surgery is a bit of a dramatization IMHO.

  7. #7
    Adorable libertine
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Around Montréal...
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Roze View Post
    they may feel like they loose their virility.
    In contrario, a man with a vasectomy is making much more bigger ejaculation.


    I am not sure (I don't have myself the base equipment required to be call "a man" ...)

    but I heard when a man is having a bigger ejaculation, he is having a bigger pleasure

  8. #8
    Gugu what planet do you live on? Condoms a bad way at contraception? Are you kidding me? Give me anything that is 99% effective in life and I'm VERY VERY happy. I just don't understand your comment. Is the withdrawl method a better form of contraception?. By the way, condoms do NOT protect you from certain STD's, ask your doctor.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Roze View Post
    I always thought it was a rumor...can someone confirm or deny it? Maria and I can't really compare the difference
    Deny. Both from personal experience and medical evidence showing in fact a slight decrease. Psychology and the length between sexual relation or masturbation are the main factor here.

  10. #10
    It's a whole new ballgame
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Where I belong.
    Posts
    6,328
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    I'm not a specialist, but I see no health issue other then psychological (shyness is probably the most important) that could prevent a men from having a vasectomy
    Damn you, gugu. You beat me to it.
    The mounties always get their man.

  11. #11
    Adorable libertine
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Around Montréal...
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    Psychology and the length between sexual relation or masturbation are the main factor here.
    Sorry to ask maybe a personal question, but what do you want to mean?

    That's not true that a man with a vasectomy is more "productive" after the intervention?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by pyjama guy View Post
    Gugu what planet do you live on?
    Earth. Condoms rate bad compared to many other methods considering both perfect use failure (2%) and, most importantly typical use failure (15%). There are much better contraception methods. Vasectomy is of course more then 99% sure.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...arious_methods

    Condoms are by far the best method to protect against std's apart from abstinence and, in some cases, vaccines. Nobody is saying they provide perfect protection. What std don't they offer at least some protection against?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    Mod,
    There are in fact two approaches to prevent this kind of accident (the accident being a child birth), one is a proactive vasectomy before the fact and one is an abortion after the fact. .
    There is the morning after pill when accidents do occur. You don't need to wait for a positive pregnancy test to react.

  14. #14
    Typical use failure 15%? I don't know where you get your stats but this seems rather high. I've used hundreds of condoms in my life, never broke one or had issues. What's your suggestion for guys under 40 or for men who might want to have children later in life. Do not reply with the reverse vasectomy. As for STD's, I just didn't want people to think that they are 100% effective because doctor friends have told me otherwise. The old viral vs bacterial issue I believe.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Divina View Post
    That's not true that a man with a vasectomy is more "productive" after the intervention?
    Maria, there is just no logical reason for it. Semen is produced by the seminal vesicles and the prostate not affected in anyway by a vasectomy. In many cases, psychology is though. Some man may feel more confident or more relaxed. That may permit longer intercourse. The amount of semen produced depends mainly on the length of abstinence before the act and the build up of excitation prior to ejaculation.

    Added: I have no idea if this is verifiable for others, but by experience prostate massage have provided me with some of the most powerful orgasms I experienced. I don't know if the amount changed but the distance surely did

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •