Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Harry is now Crazy Uncle Harry

It's a whole new ballgame

Dirty Harry is now Crazy Uncle Harry

I don't know if this is funny or sad. If you missed seeing Clint Eastwood coming unhinged last night, you don't want to miss this. The perfect representation of the Romney campaign: an old white man arguing with an imaginary Barack Obama.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c1#...ire-speech.cnn
    The mounties always get their man.

Clint does not look and sound healthy in the video, his voice is cracking, stuttering and he looks unsure as he speaks, he also looks like he's a hundred years old, not a good choice by Mitt to showcase Clint but I do think that he is a good representation of the Republican party.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    From comedian Chris Rock:

"BREAKING NEWS: CNN REPORTS: Last night when he got home, Clint Eastwood got in a huge fight with the rest of his furniture. "

Retired veteran hobbyist
    From comedian Chris Rock:

"The Dems should have an empty chair on stage for the entire DNC, & when anyone asks who it belongs to, they can say Osama bin Laden."

Reached by Politico for a response to Clint Eastwood's bizarre, offbeat speech at the Republican National Convention on Thursday, Obama campaign press secretary Ben LaBolt declined to delve into specifics, but instead deferred to a late Spanish painter known for his surrealist work.

"Referring all questions on this to Salvador Dali," LaBolt told Politico via email.

Was checking out actress Frances Fisher's twitter account (she played Kate Winslet's mother in Titanic, and Eastwood's girlfriend up until a few years ago--- whooo, doesn't have such nice things to say now)

This post among many made me guffaw quite a bit:
    Clint Eastwood summed up the #RNC perfectly: An old crotchety rich white man fighting against an imaginary black threat.

In addition, Clint surely had a very bad hair day - there were tufts of white hair doing stand-ups just as unsightly as the gags he was putting out.

Maybe he just misses clyde The orangutan in Every which way but loose.

Missing Clyde? I think he's missing more than few brain cells these days. I've always been a huge Eastwood fan but I lost a lot of respect for him last night. His speech came off like a bad try at a Bob Newhart comedy sketch more than anything else. Embarrasing.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

A lot of great movies, Dirty Harry series, Heartbreak ridge, Unforgiven, Firefox, Gran Torino, but damn he has aged a lot since GT.

I wonder why they let him on stage, there is something wrong with him. Surprised they didn't drag out Thatcher or zombie Reagan.

But hey instead of focusing on those people, let us make fun of a confused old man instead, that is lots of fun. Maybe afterwords we can throw some quads in the lake and throw rocks at some retards while we are at it. He said sarcastically.

Hey...you go on stage, you take the heat for going on stage. Better him than some other Republican idiot going up there and spouting his creationist beliefs or talking about how raped women can't get pregnant. Or Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachman. And all the idiots in the crowd wildly applauding at the end. It's like watching a freak show at the circus.

The scary thing is that some Americans actually vote for these people.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

The point is not to make fun of a possibly senile elderly man. One wonders about the judgement of the organizers in failing to demand a rehearsal before allotting precious prime time minutes. They should have known what he was going to do and how long his performance would last.

We're talking about Republicans here. You remember...the party that wanted Sarah Palin to be vice president? They don't have a great track record of vetting people in recent years. And Eastwood isn't senile, he's just an ornery old man and no one had the balls to check out what he was going to do in advance. Not that he would've listened to them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by anon_vlad View Post
    One wonders about the judgement of the organizers in failing to demand a rehearsal before allotting precious prime time minutes. They should have known what he was going to do and how long his performance would last.
    Romney's top aides were all running around frantically today, each denying responsibility for Eastwood's invitation to speak. He was, by the way, only supposed to be out there for five minutes.

He probably would have made it in 5 minutes but then his invisible friend came out and he got distracted.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast