Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tremblement de terre/earthquake - 4.5 - Montréal 0ct 10 2012

ebonylover retired...

tremblement de terre/earthquake - 4.5 - Montréal 0ct 10 2012

Just happened./ je viens de le ressentir 30 minutes avant / ago

Un séisme de magnitude 4,5 frappe la région de Montréal

Un séisme de cette ampleur est d'ailleurs peu susceptible de causer des dommages. Le dernier tremblement de terre d'importance au Québec a eu lieu au Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean le 25 novembre 1988. Il avait été de magnitude 5,8.

Only news in english at this time from CBC is :
    Magnitude 4.5 earthquake hits, centred near Longueuil. Did you feel it? Any damage to report? #cbcmtl
    by CBCMontreal via twitter on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 00:45:18

Parfois un petit en cache un plus gros dans les 24h qui suivent...
    Find what you love, and let it kill you...

ebonylover retired...
    Yup les répliques... mais bon ici c'est historiquement très faible !
    Pas assez d'activité sismique pour tout.. bousiller !
    Heureusement !!!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%A9plique_(sismologie)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftershock

A Saguenay en 88, un petit seisme avait étét ressenti qq heures avt le plus important...

D'autre part, j'ai lu qu'un big one de 7 s'annoncait peut etre a Montreal dans les 50ans qui viennent...

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/re...ant-seisme.php

Shifu
    Quote Originally Posted by pat98 View Post
    Just happened./ je viens de le ressentir 30 minutes avant / ago

Un séisme de magnitude 4,5 frappe la région de Montréal

Un séisme de cette ampleur est d'ailleurs peu susceptible de causer des dommages. Le dernier tremblement de terre d'importance au Québec a eu lieu au Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean le 25 novembre 1988. Il avait été de magnitude 5,8.

Only news in english at this time from CBC is :
    Magnitude 4.5 earthquake hits, centred near Longueuil. Did you feel it? Any damage to report? #cbcmtl
    by CBCMontreal via twitter on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 00:45:18
    I'm curious as to the duration? Anything knocked off the shelf?
    "I need more sex, OK? Before I die I wanna taste everyone in the world." Angelina Jolie

Retired veteran hobbyist
    No big deal. The people staying at my hotel complain about the same thing to hotel management whenever i'm in the city. They fail to realize that it's not an earthquake: it's just the Doc entertaining.

ebonylover retired...
    Quote Originally Posted by suikoden_45 View Post
    I'm curious as to the duration? Anything knocked off the shelf?
    Nope nothing off shelves ... really nothing
    But I went throught all the house to check if everything was good !
    Especially furnace and ... oil tank... I have to get rid off this last one soon !!!
    About duration I would say between 5 and 10 seconds... Enough to realize "Oh... hahem looks like an earthquake!"

Exclamation

It was around 12:20 am that I heard a loud bang while drifting off to sleep. Followed by some good shaking for a few seconds. It is good to occasionally be reminded that the earth under us is not just passive static rock. It can surprise us although thankfully not as much as in Japan and other places on fault zones.

Lily from Montreal
    Yes It woke me up, I am happy that finally I was not imagining it loll

I live on the South Shore and was calmly seated, watching television. It first started by a progressively increasing vibration for a few seconds, then I heard a big bang and my sofa was shakened; after the bang, the vibrations rapidly decreased. Total duration: about 5 seconds. I immediately thought about an earthquake but I also remembered about the big bang from an hydrogen reservoir explosion from a Montreal East refinery who produced a similar bang and vibration.
    old_beginner

Lily from Montreal
    I just thought that for once if someone was having sex at that moment the girl could truthfully answered that if was a earthshaking feeling if the guy asked ''how was it ? '' loll

I felt it last night. I was watching a movie and thought my subwoofer might have been turned up too high so I muted the volume but it continued. Lasted for a good 10 maybe 15 seconds I guess. Nothing fell over or rattled but I felt the vibration and heard a low rumble. It sounded like a heavy snow plow going by after a light snow fall.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

I was masturbating in my bed as i was about to cum, the earthquake hit !!!

OMG i was freaking out !

Well i was as well watching a movie .... Though here i was wondering if it wasn't something wrong with the building .... For a moment i was kind of scared of..
    Et je l'écoute (Joël Bouchard) toujours jusqu'à la fin de son laïus parce que je suis convaincu qu'un jour, il va terminer en nous offrant des voitures usagées à des prix INCROYABLES!

-Ronald King

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa Roze View Post
    it is funny to see what everybody here were doing when it happened (at 00h19 exactly)...loll
    C'est vrai que le plus interessant n'est pas de savoir ce que les gens ont pensé a ce moment la, mais plus d'apprendre ce que plein de gens différents font a la même seconde exactement... Ca donne un peu le vertige de penser a toutes ses vies qui se déroulent en parallele de la notre...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast