Thread: Welcome to the Matrix! Physicists May Have Evidence Universe Is A Computer Simulation

Exclamation Welcome to the Matrix! Physicists May Have Evidence Universe Is A Computer Simulation

OK, in case there was ever any doubt my mind is officially blown.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...ust_reloaded=1

Physicists say they may have evidence that the universe is a computer simulation.

How? They made a computer simulation of the universe. And it looks sort of like us.

A long-proposed thought experiment, put forward by both philosophers and popular culture, points out that any civilisation of sufficient size and intelligence would eventually create a simulation universe if such a thing were possible.

And since there would therefore be many more simulations (within simulations, within simulations) than real universes, it is therefore more likely than not that our world is artificial.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

That story's not true. That's just an excuse from the government. "Oh, we can't do anything with this world crisis. It's all a computer simulation. We're waiting for the upgrade or patch or whatever"

Recently I was with... a special someone, and I asked her if she was simulating. She said no, it's all real. So there!
    And there is no graphic card in the universe that could render those curves she has.
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”

So you took the BLUE pill.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

She was wearing a blue panty...
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”

....you mean we're just a bunch of SIMS!!!.....
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

I'd like to know what was going through those programmers minds when they were creating hobbyists...

Lily from Montreal
    Aren't we the Deus ex Machina? loll

the last of the mohicans

similar discovery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1LCVknKUJ4&f
    eature=youtube_gdata_player
    "Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"