Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you get flu shot?

Lily from Montreal

Do you get flu shot?

I did 2 weeks ago, it is only the second year but I am glad.
    My two meetings planned this week has been cancelled because my friends came down with the flu! I never use to bother with shots but I figure if nurses has to get it and I consider my hobby as health service, wouldn't want men to get sick from sex deprivation lol maybe it is safer to get it...only thing I am a coward when I see a needle loll,but I was brave and the nurse was pretty , it does help loll

So I was curious to know if a lot of persons gets it each year?

I get yearly. I absolutely hate the flu. It used to knock me out for 3-4 days at a time. I might still catch the flu but it doesn't last nearly as long.

Lily from Montreal
    I was not sure if it was a good idea when I first got it last year because I still got sick after the holidays but I guess it would have been worst so I got it again this year...Do you know if the protection increase the longer you've been getting shot?

From what I've read, the protection does not increase since the flu virus mutates so quickly. The vaccine we took last year has practically no effect on the virus this year.

Flu shot is the easy one. The five year Pneumonia Shot is the one that got me. Felt like a bad hangover for two days.

Lily from Montreal
    I didnt even knew you could get such a shot! Two days of hangover...hum, not sure I could survive that loll

Yup, it's good for 5 years. So you only need to endure it once every 5 years. I did it once before and didn't have a reaction. Not sure what changed, but let's remember I'm taking heart medication now also. Could have just been a reaction specifically with my blood chemistry. They also have one for shingles now. The don't want you to have it until your 60 years old.

One of the health insurers in the US is making the flu shot mandatory for it's employees. They've figured out what I did years ago. When I had employees, I offered them paid time off if they'd get the flu shot. The logic is giving them the afternoon off to get a shot was better than paying them and then their co-workers sick pay. Saves money in the end.

I don't get the flu shot because fortunate for me my immune system is strong enough that I rarely get sick.

I probably just jinx myself by saying that now.....
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

I don't. However I am only in close regular contact with 2 people, one of whom does get it and other is just about as much a hermit as I am. I figure the odds of catching something for me is much less than for others.

I am open to changing my mind as I really don't like getting sick, not that it happens often anymore. In about 2 decades I may very well start as the older you get the more dangerous it is.

Good Move Lilly
    I get the shot every year and I find that even if I get sick, I am less affected than had I not got the shot.
    By the way, since you dont like needles( like most people) you can get this "shot" via a nasal spray.
    A liitle advice, get the twinrix shot. Good for life and protects you aganest Hep A and B.

Lily from Montreal
    Thank you, yes I already got the twinrix shot a while ago...I am very active sexually (hum) so I wanted to take all the precaution I could...
    Another reason I do like needle is that I bruise very easily ,when I get blood tests I end up looking like I am a junky lol, even this week I fell of my chair...long story, I am very clumsy loll and now I have a huge bruise on my thigh, kind of ruin the look , I warned my friend I am going to see today: he will have to be very gentle lol...I always joke that this body look good but God it is fragile loll

hello all, just got my flu shot, plus tecnic shot, was sick all week, fever etc, i had one the year before did not get sick, after the week i passed, fuck being scared of needles, sick and miserable in bed for 4 days, vometing, i will yake my chances,lmfao, its free and it helps, i say go for it,lol, have anice day everyone, and a good hobbying weekend,lolol

thanks for info john, good work, no joking when comes to health

Quote Originally Posted by John S. Black View Post
    The other vaccine is=
    HPV-recommended for woman prevents cervical cancer +
    The vaccine for human papillomavirus (HPV) can prevent 90 percent of genital warts in men when offered before exposure to the four HPV strains covered by the vaccine, according to a new multi-center study led by H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and UCSF.

http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2011/02/943...clear-benefits
    HPV has also been linked to throat cancer. The vaccine is only effecitve if you have not been exposed to the virus.

According to this page, there are 4 types of the virus. If someone has been exposed to 1, the vaccine will immunize against the other 3.
    The vaccines are less effective in preventing HPV-related disease in young women who have already been exposed to one or more HPV types. That is because the vaccines prevent HPV before a person is exposed to it. HPV vaccines do not treat existing HPV infections or HPV-associated diseases.
    For those thinking of getting vaccines, if you live close to a Walmart, you can get an appointment at their pharmacy. A certified nurse comes in every week or so for vaccinations. I got my Twinrix vaccines there and it cost a hell of a lot less than the CLSC and the Groupe Santé Voyage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast