Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: can she delete a thread that she didnt start?

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mtl.
    Posts
    209

    can she delete a thread that she didnt start?

    I noticed that Chloe (datingchloe) had her whole thread deleted..including the reviews that I and a few others had written..

    The datingchloe review thread..started by poster From_Montreal.....

    Can she do this? I know you can delete posts, but a whole thread started by someone else..

    this was brought to my attention by Regnad...


    Lee STONE
    Cum for me Lee..Yeah baby....

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee STONE
    I noticed that Chloe (datingchloe) had her whole thread deleted..including the reviews that I and a few others had written..

    The datingchloe review thread..started by poster From_Montreal.....

    Can she do this? I know you can delete posts, but a whole thread started by someone else..

    Lee STONE

    Here are the possibilities:

    1) Chloe, the sweet kissing peach, asked to have the entire 'datingchloe review' thread deleted and From_Montreal, the thread starter, could not resist the sweet kissing peach's persuasion and agreed to it.

    2) From_Montreal, the thread starter, voluntarily asked to have the thread deleted to celebrate Chloe's retirement or semi-retirement or what not.

    3) Somebody had a little too much to drink and accidentally pressed the delete thread buttom.

    4) Le Cock Sporty Sportif has pulled off another dirty trick.

    5) The moderator(s) or Fred did Chloe a favor and deleted this thread.

    6) Everything is a grand illusion and it is time to wake up from these seductive sweet dreams...these erotic reviews.
    Louisisgreat
    The exiled Philosopher King of the Pan Hellenistic Empire.
    Ο εξορισμένος βασιλιάς φιλοσόφων της παν αυτοκρατορίας Ελληνικη.

  3. #3
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee STONE
    I noticed that Chloe (datingchloe) had her whole thread deleted..including the reviews that I and a few others had written..

    The datingchloe review thread..started by poster From_Montreal.....

    Can she do this?
    Lee STONE
    I think that From_Montreal might have the answer to your question. Since he was the original thread starter, perhaps he was consulted by either Clhoť or the mod before the whole thread was removed.

    fml
    fml

  4. #4
    What worrying it is that certain people misuse the modifications or make pressures at MOD to make modify or remove comments.
    Therefore, several can handle images.
    A regulator must be very just and use of much judgement to intervene only when the rules are largely exceeded.
    Finally, and they is unhappy, when a person makes this trade it must expect that there are comments on her.
    Do not forget that it becomes a public person .

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    500
    Just a thought here.

    I wonder why everyone (or almost) who is retiring from this business, either as a hobbyist or a as a provider of hobbyist services, ask for the removal of his threads and posts. Recall Bob Crane, Oliver and now Chloť, la Sweet Kissing Peach.
    Are they ashamed of what they have said? Can't we just leave the posts there and close the threads for future discussions?

    I have heard that Chloť succombed to the charms of LouisIsGreat and has decided to move to the oil fields of Western U.S.? Is that true? Is she going to pump LouisIsGreat's oil?

    Good day

    Elvis

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by regnad
    While I'm sorry to see the thread removed as well as all of Chloe's posts, I must defend the action. It is one thing to ask that bad reviews be removed while leaving good ones, it is entirely another thing for a woman who is no longer working to ask that all comments pertaining to her be excised.

    Chloe is no longer working and if she feels more comfortable having comments about her work removed from the public eye, her wishes should certainly be accomodated
    As much as I respect you regnad, I can't disagree strongly enough. What public eye are you talking about. This is not the New York Times here. It is a totally anonymous review board.

    Gentlemen,

    At her request, after I confirmed her retirement, her advertisements and reviews were all removed. This was not a selective deletion. All advertisements and reviews were removed. You will still find a few general posts by her. She said she did not mind if they remained, and I did not want to have to delete them one by one.

    As we discussed in another recent topic, moderators are independent. We act according to our rules and our policies, not because of pressure. However, service providers are not "public persons". Our privacy rule says it is forbidden to post personal information of ANY kind about ANYONE.

    This topic will remain open for a short time, only for the general discussion of this policy and my action, not the specific discussion of this particular provider.

    Thank you,
    M4
    Last edited by Mod 4; 05-30-2005 at 02:14 AM.

  7. #7
    A few thoughts around this topic:

    > Board policy regarding deletion of threads at an SPs request

    The issue of SPs asking mods to delete their threads was discussed here: https://merb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...hlight=request
    In that case however, the SP was not retiring from the biz, as <she> appears to be, just changing boards after she got a couple of less than stellar reviews. Coincidentally, the initiator of the deleted thread was the member "from_montreal" in both cases.

    > Do a member`s posts become public property?

    I was just reading some old threads and was struck by all the holes that were punched into the flow by some high-profile members who subsequently had some or all of their posts deleted: BobCrane, Oliver, EB (before he returned), CA (ditto), EGB (ditto), StripperLover, to name only a few. One can sense their ghostly presence in a thread from the answers they got from other members. Although this may be irritating to some, I still believe one should have the right to have all our posts deleted, so as not to leave skeletons in the Internet closet, so to speak.

    > A tribute (deleted M4)


    Gentlemen,

    Several of you have continued to post specifically about the person in question, instead of the general issue. I will remove all of those posts, except a portion of Joe Blow`s post. Her topic, which evolved into the "goodbye" thread was closed and removed, and this will not become the continuation of that.

    Thank you,
    M4
    Last edited by Mod 4; 05-30-2005 at 02:15 AM.

  8. #8
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983

    Thumbs down

    Good work Mod4
    fml

  9. #9
    juzt_a_girl
    Guest

    really goodbye, but just a few things

    This will be the last time I post. Ironic that I would discover this thread today.

    This response isnít about telling anyone off. Iím not surprised by who posted what about me and thereís really no point in responding to the very few holier-than-thou types. I already got pissed off once this week (poor joeblow, but your off the hook now) and thatís plenty enough in a year for me.

    I want to tell you guys a little bit about what itís like. A sort of reality check, not meant pejoratively. Most of you will never understand the complexities of SPs because youíve never worked as one. Just like you guys have complex reasons for being here, so do we. Itís not a melting pot, weíre all different.

    I really came on board for the reasons I describes a few months ago. I really left for the reasons I described more recently. There was never a plan to make quick cash and run. In fact, I took a two year cell plan and a two year web-site, which I am now left to pay. Obviously I was seeing a little more long term than what ended up happening. At first I thought Iíd be here a few months, then that changed to maybe a year (as I met the nicest people in my SP career) though I never posted that change of plans here. Then, out of the blue I decided I couldnít do this anymore. The reasons for that are not important; refer back to the paragraph above on ďcomplexityĒ.

    I have known this industry, on and off, over the last 11 years (and if any of you remember my age youíll see why I was so outspoken about underage prostitution). When I posted on this board, I always had this idea that I could somehow change peopleís perception. I think (I hope) I did in some cases. In the end, it all comes back down to people being really complex and the difficulties of putting everyone in the same boat. Itís important to always keep that in mind.

    Some things Iíd like to leave you with:

    Really consider what draws some of you to the youngest escorts. Think that by creating a demand for these services, youíre potentially creating a spot for your own daughter to land when she goes through her (commonly referred to by parents as) teenage rebellion. Think about how come it is that there are still minors in this industry, in this country, that has a code of law that proscribes it. Think of it as an important societal question we will have to address sooner or later. Be wary of agents that tell you they have a newbie and sheís barely 18. Youíd be surprised to see how many actually arenít 18. In a day in age where children are becoming more and more sexualized (clothe, make-up, concerns with appearance at younger and younger ages) it wouldnít be a far stretch to think more minors would enter this business in ten years when those kids turn into teens. Just like parents are participating in the sexualization of their children by allowing them to wear what they want (the argument that ďI just couldnít say noĒ is so lame, what ever happened to parental authority), clients in a way are also participating to the creation of a demand for minors. Think about it. Some people are making lots of money off of it, and as a society we should be concerned about that.

    Stop making assumptions about SPs. Stop reaching conclusions on their character based on reviews and comments on this board. Wonder if youíd like it if SPs started doing the same. Write stuff you wouldnít mind people writing about you if you were the SP. We are all here for different reasons. Donít assume unless you have something to back your argument.

    Stop comparing the sex trade to the car industry. Itís just not the same thing, no matter how detailed and analytical or witty the comparison. Women are not like cars, period. Analogies with common commodities are simply distasteful and transform women into products. Refer to ďcomplexityĒ again to remember these women are individuals, not pre-packaged concepts that function for your service without choice or free will.

    Share your experiences/thoughts. Continue to be courteous as you have been with me to other SPs on this board. Over the last years I've seen a marked improvement in client perception of SPs (less negative, less ďwhoreĒ). I think more open dialogue between both sides has something to do with it.

    When you post details about what an SP did for/to you, think that about 1000 other guys are going to read what you write an expect the same thing you got. I personally know people who left this business because client expectations became impossible to manage. Posting about sodomy, no protection for bj, passionate kissing, and the like, are things that are usually (or ideally) decided by an SP on an individual basis. I know there are many girls that do actually offer menu-like options, but thatís most often because they perceive or are told by their agents that they have no choice. That doesn't have to be. Youíre concerned about your health, be concerned for the health of the SP youíre seeing. Try putting yourself in our shoes and wonder if the concept of choice is important to you. Ordering an SP like you order from a menu is dehumanizing. Itís back to the car analogy where similar products should all offer similar services. Normal human relationships just donít work like that. Each of us (client, escort) is different; each of us need to be understood in our individuality to be able to thrive as individuals.

    If an SP quits the business I think it's entirely her right to ask for her reviews to be deleted. It's a personal decision, and Mods, by judging each case individually are acting with ethics, which is the most important to me as I've tried to convey over the last few month. Ethics are things that allow you to understand others as you understand yourself, that's why we need to have more of them. There might be girls that use sweet-talk with Mods as a ploy to get rid of bad reviews, but that's just a cost of having a board that discusses such subjects. There are plenty of other costs to these boards, like constant shilling from agencies or bogus negative reviews from people with agendas. Just because some people have bad motives, doesn't mean all should be considered this way. As many of you said, this is a review board. There is no need for reviews of an SP now out of the business. I suspect that those who respect us most, would agree most with this statement. Also, I entirely agree that if an SP doesn't want to be reviewed her choice should be respected. It's HER choice, not yours. A person with ethics respects that. Again, some will say this to avoid bad reviews, but when you think about it its just another small cost in an already hit-and-miss business. It will always be hit-and-miss no matter how many reviews.

    If youíre feeling uncomfortable seeking services in this industry, donít shut those feelings out. Chances are if youíre feeling uncomfortable itís because youíre replacing something you need, thatís totally unrelated to sex, with an SP. I know many of you ask yourselves questions about why you are here. Wonder a little more. If you're concerned, wonder about it out loud on this board perhaps... Itís incredible how many people here have great advice to give. Boards like this excel in the department of giving advice, from STD concerns to which hotel/restaurant to pick. I do believe itís totally possible to be a healthy person in this activity (for both SP and client). I donít think all of you have hidden psychological motives, not even the majority. I do know many of you are concerned however. Act upon those concerns and donít keep them to yourself. We're all anonymous here, and many of us are apparantly quite keen on using our brains collectively.

    Donít loose track of the larger picture and fall in the cracks of commodity-thinking.

    Ethics.

    Ladies: never settle for less than you value. In an ideal world, there would be only independents that manage their own time and who they see. If youíre considering entering this business, come on a board like this one and ask questions. There are many SPs that can guide you through this decision as has been done with me in the past. There are always other options, but this one is not necessarily a ďbadĒ one. I guess it sort of depends on the baggage you have, and you should be thinking about that baggage before you take the plunge. Sometimes we think money is the main issue when lack of self-confidence is really the trigger. Sometimes it may be something else. Each is different. The only way this work can be done in a healthy way is to not loose track of your own values and sense of ethics toward yourself. Back to the first sentence in this paragraph. If you donít compare your work to a commodity or a menu-service people will sense that. You will attract likeminded clients and everyone will be happy.

    Take care all. I really truly enjoyed my time here. I discovered many things about myself I might not otherwise have realised without this last experience. I do not have regrets. The people I met here were great individuals, some of you truly outstanding (special hugs to you). My own perceptions about clients changed this last time. I see you much less like service-seekers and more like complex individuals. I think thatís a good thing.

    Jag
    AKA ChloŽ

    </really out>
    Last edited by juzt_a_girl; 06-01-2005 at 01:28 PM.

  10. #10
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,823
    I wish you the best, Chloe. I've heard many nice things about you, not only from former clients of yours, but also from the workers themselves. I've known several who would have liked to meet you one day and just talk.

    Recently, an acquaintance of mine who knows you told me that you're one of the most intelligent persons this person has met in his/her life. After reading your last post, i understand what this person meant.

    I will save this post and hope to show it to people in the future. Maybe i'll even read it myself every once in a while to make me think of where i am at that particular moment in my life.

    Again, the best of luck in your future.

    JaJ

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    2,116
    Dear ChloŽ

    I just have to say thank you for your last post. In fact all of your posts.

    Ronnie,
    Naughtylady
    They will forget what you said,
    they will forget what you did,
    but they will never forget the way you made them feel.

  12. #12
    proud infidel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    from the civilized world
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by regnad
    sigh......
    There's an adage in French that says: ''toute bonne chose a une fin'' .
    fml

  13. #13
    Gentleman Horndog
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver
    There's an adage in French that says: ''toute bonne chose a une fin''
    In English: "All good things must come to an end".
    May your genitalia never fail ya.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •