Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Flu season

Bad Flu season

This is a bad flu season for the lower 48 states of U.S. . Many states have reported large number of flu cases. Some areas ( Example: Boston, MA ) declared health emergency because of flu related death.
    What is the flu situation in Montreal right now ?

There is a similar situation in Montreal. Hospital emergency rooms are packed with flu cases. Google's flu trend monitor shows flu activity for Quebec as being intense, as it does for the US: http://www.google.org/flutrends/ca/#CA-QC

Another reason our healthcare costs are so high. Unless you are old or have another contributing illness there is no need to go to an emergency room for a flu. Suck it up, stay at home and get rest. I have seen a bicyclists with a scraped knee in the emergency room and walk out 10 min after seeing a doctor with a band-aid, pussies.

Took about a week of hot tea and aloe juice to fight off mine flu...

It is to your best interest to stay out of hospital if you do have to. SARS first become a Major problem due to the amount of people in hospital while the patient zero was been treated.

On top of that last summer I have to kick a nurse out of his apartment due to, out of all thing you can think of, cat harding!!!! 40 plus cats, shit everywhere... And this guy work night shift at Montreal general or something !!!

The flu was terrible. I had to cancel my rendezvous with Sophia of MGF this week because of it. Major bummer. Once you get it, it hits you hard and fast. With me within two hours of catching it I was feeling tired, headache, body chills/ache and just don't feel like moving at all. Best thing to do is to stay home and rest. Only go to see the doctor when you have to. Good thing was that I didn't have to see the doc. Luckily it only lasted four days for me but the remnants of it lasts a week or two more.

The flu vaccine

There is an interesting article, which was just published today by Global News, discussing how well this year's flu vaccine matches the strains of the flu which are now in the population, and how this relates to the effectiveness of the vaccine which, by the way is still available, for those who have not yet had their shot this year -
    globalnews.ca: Flu studies suggest vaccine 'match' not super predictor of effectiveness

Here is an extract from the article:

From the start of this year's influenza season, public health officials assured people the flu vaccine was a good 'match' for circulating strains of the virus, which suggests it should offer good protection this winter.

But an early assessment of how well the vaccine is doing at preventing illness in those who are vaccinated suggests this year's shot reduces one's risk of being infected with influenza A — in other words H3N2 or H1N1 — by about 55 per cent and influenza B by 70 per cent. (Those are U.S. estimates; a corresponding Canadian analysis is underway.)
    Of course, reducing one's risk between 55% and 70% still makes it worthwhile to get the vaccine.

flu shots are useless. always are and always will be. and i know plenty of people who got them that always get it.

"Flu Vaccines Prevent the Flu in Only 1.5% of Adults

A new study in The Lancet Infectious Diseases reveals that the flu vaccine prevents lab confirmed type A or type B influenza in only 1.5 out of every 100 vaccinated adults … but the media is reporting this to mean “60 percent effective.”

It is estimated that, annually, only about 2.7% of adults get type A or type B influenza in the first place. The study showed that the use of flu vaccines appear to drop this down to about 1.2%. This is a roughly 60% drop, but that ignores the fact that the vaccine has no protective health benefit for 97.5% of adults.

The researchers’ own conclusions are also somewhat more lackluster in their tone than the media would have you believe:
    “Influenza vaccines can provide moderate protection against virologically confirmed influenza, but such protection is greatly reduced or absent in some seasons. Evidence for protection in adults aged 65 years or older is lacking.”
    So where is the 60% effectiveness claim coming from? This number is based on relative risk, and it does not mean that 59 out of 100 people who get the flu shot will be protected against the flu … allow me to explain."

http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/new...-98-5-useless/

This flu virus has actually been engineered by the government.

The "vaccine" contains chemicals that will give you cancer several years later.

All this is a conspiracy to reduce the earths population

have a nice day lol

Ok Snoodle, I can read a tongue-in-cheek situation, right? If not, you can back this up with some reliable data, right? If not, MERB isn't probably the right place to post bullshit, you know that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 11 View Post
    Ok Snoodle, I can read a tongue-in-cheek situation, right? If not, you can back this up with some reliable data, right? If not, MERB isn't probably the right place to post bullshit, you know that, right?
    Don't shoot the messenger lol

Im just quoting Bill Gates

http://www.naturalnews.com/029911_va...ill_Gates.html

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=A1...3290536575C723

Vaccines are a favorite target of conspiracy theorists. In fact, some of the same people who believe that man never landed on the moon, and that is was all a big hoax and an elaborate conspiracy, also believe that vaccines are a conspiracy as well. Here is an example of an article linking the two:
    vaccineconspiracytheorist.blogspot.ca:Lowell Hubbs' Opinion on the Moon Landings

This is from a blog discussing the phenomena of vaccine conspiracy theories:
    The Vaccine Conspiracy Theorist: A blog describing the actions, lies, and continual hypocrisy of anti-vaccination conspiracy theorists

Such conspiracy theorists also share a lot in common with those who stockpile food and weapons preparing for domesday scenarios, and they should not be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by snoodle View Post
    Um, Bill Gates wasn't saying in his TED talk that vaccines reduce world population by killing people. He was saying vaccines reduce world population because women in 3rd world countries have a whole bunch of children because the expectation is that many will die of childhood of diseases that are easily prevented by vaccine. We reduce world population by changing that expectation by providing vaccines to the third world. If we lower infant and childhood mortality rates, women in the 3rd world don't feel the need to have so many kids, and can stop at some reasonable amount.

Quote Originally Posted by snoodle View Post
    This is complete nonsense, this article can explain it better than I could.

This year is worse than the infamous swine flu year (2009) when World Health Organization had everyone running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Today I got a text from my best buddy from high school who is a medical doctor. We were supposed to go to a local high school basketball game tonight but he cancelled because his two boys have the flu. He told me he and the boys are taking tamiflu, an anti-viral drug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oseltamivir

Don't know what it is called in Canada or availability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast