Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 F1 season

2015 F1 season

The return of Vettel to the front with Ferrari ?
    Riccardo continues to rise with Red Bull ?

Nico and Lewis not killing each other

The return of Honda ?

Best regards

Smuler
    Savoir Faire Is Everywhere !!!

Trying one day to be " In the Know "

I believe the team with the superior car and not the driver is going to dictate how the season unfolds...pretty much like last year!

Technology is developing a lot faster compared to the drivers' skills!

For a quick snapshot at the F1 race calendar for 2015, teams and drivers:

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/22...r-the-new-year

Top team leading the way in 2015 should be Mercedes once again!...Red Bull with the Renault engine will be better...I am not impressed with Ferrari's development thus far, and it will likely be a frustrating season for them once again.

My driver of the year is Ricciardo with Red Bull!

Alonso is out of the first race :

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...5/3/16854.html

Best Regards

Smuler

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree :

http://www.adac-motorsport.de/adac-f...-racing-208305

Best regards

Smuler

News on Jules Bianchi is not good :

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bi...-will-wake-up/

Best Regards

Smuler

The Formula 1 2015 season officially started today and Lewis Hamilton driving Mercedes won the Australian Grand Prix quite handily.

It seems like it will be another long boring F1 season with Mercedes once again clearly the most dominant F1 race car team.

The future of F1 Sharkman ? :

Note all the drivers with F1 ties:
    http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/teams.aspx

Best Regards

Smuler

Smuler, there are some old and some new on the list...but I like Alguersuari, Da Costa and Vergne as the most promising from the list!

And I like Ferrari's strong performance in Malaysia last week...let's see if they can follow through in Shanghai next week!

Another strong showing by Scuderia Ferrari this past weekend in Bahrain with a superb late charge by Raikkonen...However, Mercedes are in a class by themselves! They will be hard to beat once again this year!

And Red Bull, lets just say that they have "lost their wings"!

Retired veteran hobbyist
    I never liked Sebastian Vettel when he was with Red Bull, but now that he's with Ferrari & no longer a favorite to win a GP, he along with Raikonen are the two racers i root for the most. My vilain is Lewis Hamilton & it has nothing to do with the fact he's racing for the top team, since i also like Nikki Rosberg.

For the first time in years i'm thinking of possibly attending this year's Canadian GP. I had lost interest over the past 6-7 years and have since re-found my love for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    For the first time in years i'm thinking of possibly attending this year's Canadian GP. I had lost interest over the past 6-7 years and have since re-found my love for the sport.
    If I was coming, I'd go with you

IMHO, it is a waste of time to get general admission tickets.. They used to be the best value as you could see the track from many points along the way

Now, the promoter has made it sure that you need to buy seats to get a good view.....

Best Regards

Smuler

I will tell you that Valteri Bottas will be on the podium

Enjoy this one for laughs!

The evolution of pit stops in Car Racing - 1950 compared to Modern Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRy_73ivcms

A poor corrupt official
    On the weekend of the 2015 Spanish GP and the anniversary of the death of Gilles Villeneuve (May 8, 1982) during qualifying for the Belgian Grand Prix, the NY Times looks back at one of his greatest wins:

Gilles Villeneuve’s Improbable Reign in Spain

nyt.com
    May 8, 2015

Despite our era’s obsession with statistics, many of the greatest sporting performances and performers are remembered not for their numbers but for their displays of prowess or fighting spirit or the emotional charge they provide.
    The Canadian racing driver Gilles Villeneuve won only six races and never won the drivers’ title in his brief Formula One career, from 1977 to his death in an accident at the Belgian Grand Prix in 1982. Yet Villeneuve is remembered as one of the greatest drivers ever to have raced in the series. Even his son, Jacques, who had 11 victories and won the drivers’ title in 1997, is not often spoken of in the same venerable terms as his father is.

Probably the greatest tribute to the Quebecois came from Enzo Ferrari, owner of the Ferrari team, for which Villeneuve raced. Toward the end of his life, a few years after Villeneuve’s death, Ferrari spoke of his fondness for the “piccolo canadese,” or little Canadian, in terms he usually reserved only for his own family.

“My past is scarred with grief,” Ferrari said, speaking of his losses. “Father, mother, brother, son, wife. My life is full of sad memories. I look back and I see my loved ones and among my loved ones I see the face of this great man, Gilles Villeneuve.”

Of Villeneuve’s victories, it was the Spanish Grand Prix in 1981, at Jarama, that probably made the biggest impact on his legendary team owner and the public. It would end up being Villeneuve’s last triumph, as it came in June 1981 and he died the following May without having won another race. It was also the last Spanish Grand Prix run at Jarama...

...Villeneuve was loved for being one of the most passionate racing drivers ever rather than for his statistics. He never gave up, once returning to the pits minus a wheel or two after an accident.
    But it is in numbers that Sergio Vezzali, a Ferrari mechanic at the time, sums up Villeneuve in a recent book about the driver’s life, “Gilles Villeneuve: His Untold Life from Berthierville to Zolder,” by Karoly Mehes, a Hungarian journalist.
    “Today, if you have success it is 90 percent the car and 10 percent the driver,” Vezzali said. “In Gilles’s case, it was sometimes the opposite: 10 percent the car and 90 percent the driver. That is what makes him a legend.”

Arrivabenne wore a # 27 Armband today during free practice, in honor of Gilles

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom...illeneuve.html

Best Regards

Smuler

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast