Why are prices dropping?? $140 is back!
We've seen several advertisers here becoming more and more competitive with their pricing - the lastest low being $140.
Is it a slow season for sex? One would thing Spring would be much the opposite as we all shed our parkas and display more flesh; it is rutting season in the wild after all.
Or has the market become flooded with choices??
Sure there are the $200/$250/$300/$350 and higher-priced SPs, but
I have to wonder if they are part-timers who work infrequently, and are not looking for many calls - certainly they limit the number of calls they get in that way, on the other hand perhaps they prefer to have a different echelon of client (more money in hand, not neccesarily a better client, I could think of situations with the client looking to cater to very extreme fetishes at such prices).
Get it through your heads, Montreal is a glorified ghost town. There isn't enough money to go around and you are kidding yourself if you think because you have no debts that you are in the clear. EVERYTHING is getting more expensive around you. MUCH less disposable income.
it isn't just that prices are going up - but the Seps screwed us well and good years ago - travel anywhere else and take a look at the number of for rent signs, the quality of the roads, the number of job postings in the newpaper or online - Mtl is dead. So sad. Sure, we put on a good face in the summer - F1, festivals, but please - there's no real money here. I travel to a lot of places worldwide - not even big cities - and let me tell you when you come back here - the contrast is unmistakeable.
Originally Posted by Lusty Pig
And don't forget that the American dollar is in the shitter...which limits how often we can come up and hobby, and how much we are willing to spend while there.
I am sure that's part of it, and you can thank George W. Bush for that.
On Montreal SP rates....
Prices began to plunge when Devilish hit the scene with $160 an hour. Since then, almost everybody dropped their rates. Eleganza still maitains them at $180/hour and Montreal Hot Girls and Extacy kept them at $200+ because they cater mostly to tourists who never read Merb.
Why are the rates so low here? Supply and demand. You have a lot of French cuties becoming SPs at a young age and on the demand side, this city isn't rich enough to handle New York or LA rates.
Now if they can only do something about the FS strip club rates.
I disagree, SD, CF, XTASE and few others were here way before Devilish and thier rates were always $160.00 with the ocasional specials for even less.
Originally Posted by General Gonad
True, I stand corrected.
Originally Posted by Joe.t
a few personal observations:
1. In the last few years, agencies tried to attract girls by offering them higher pay and raising the prices at the same time.
2. I think this did not go over too well as the average price demanded exceeded the average price potential clients were willing to pay. As a result:
3. The girls competed against each other by offering more liberal service. This worked for some, but really that did not do much to increase the demand.
4. As a result, the prices had finally started coming back down, but I don`t think it had not gone down enough yet to meet the above mentioned average prcie potential clients were willing to pay (of course the market also changed this time, after the dot com bust too, and not for the better for the agencies/girls).
5. The girls are now still trying to compete on offering yet more liberal service, e.g. cim. Personally this had gone well past my tolerance: I personally know already 3 people who caught something bad from , and most likely from escorts who did cim. So for me, starting a few years back, if a girl is known to openly do cim, I automatically wipe her off my potential to see list. Infection IS proportiional to dosage of exposure, you know. (*Actually, from personal knowledge, one of the girls mentioned just above, did do bbfstc too).
6. Times are definitely not what they were back in the dot com days. To the girls and the agencies: I think the only way for your guys to increase the size of the pie and not just grab a bigger share is to drop the prices further to:
a. make people spend more as they feel they are getting their money`s worth ( I would count myself in this group)
b. attract back the clients that you left behind when you raised your prices a few years back.
Talk about competition...This shit is just crazy
Originally Posted by hornypilgrim
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
How about an ounce of respect at the other direction?? I won't call you greedy bitches and you won't call me 'bitching'??
That you are now no longer a service provider has something to do with your attitudes?
This is just free market at work, I don't assume about about you if you try to charge what the market will bear, and you won't assume anything about me if I try to get the same product at a better price?
ok, to me, for the escorts to charge many many times what the average joe earns an hour and still tries to raise it more, IS greedy.
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
See, I speak my mind too.
Sensitivity - defined as being able to sense what others might feel in situations. Also called perspective taking...... Some have it, some don't. In summary, a rare characteristics nowadays.
A greedy escort? No, you don't say. But clients are equally greedy trying to squeeze out every fucking acronym for their $160. I have heard of clients who literally want to have sex from minute 1 to minute 59.
Originally Posted by hornypilgrim
We can debate whether or not escorts are overpaid. Some are definitely overpaid while others are underpaid. The market is the market. Prices are dynamic in nature and largely determined by supply and demand. This also applies to the HDH market but there is a qualifier here. If you notice, income inequality is on the rise. This has been the case since the mid 1970s. In the last recession, while normal retailers got hit hard, luxury brand retailers raked in record sales. This would indicate that there will always be a strong market for a rare SP.
Are Indies Having an Effect on Agency Rates??
From what I have observed, indies don't seem to be offering this lowered rate of 140$/hr (maybe I am missing it?). So, maybe it is that, because of the increase of independent ladies available, agencies are becoming less and less the "primary" route that gents will use to book an appointment? I have not seen, in the past, as I am seeing now, the amount of agency ladies that are ALSO available as indies, I mean, in the past, this was a big no-no!
Plenty of gents would prefer to book an Indy over an agency, if it is not a last minute thing and they know who they are interested in seeing. Seeing that the internet, boards like this and indies participating fully, more and more guys know exactly who they are interested in seeing when they visit Montreal, so could it be that THIS also is having a big impact on prices at agencies particularly?
As for ladies being greedy... possibly, but I don't consider a higher rate as being greedy. I think that it is a complicated matter to put a dollar value on intimacy, on sex. I have no clue how other ladies come up with their rates, but suffice to say, that doing so is no easy task, and to boil it down to her being greedy, well, I can't agree with that.
Just a thought.
Last edited by Just-ass-weet; 03-25-2007 at 09:48 PM.