Thread: The Christmas Truce

The Christmas Truce

Last edited by Agrippa; 12-25-2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: n.c.
    Amantes sunt amentes.

Name Retired.
    Her Hot Dreams
    Hey Agrippa,

Nice to hear from you. Yes, I know the story very well. There is one legendary account of a young German soldier who came out of his trench and approached the British lines over no man's land, without prior notice carrying a makeshift tree, and was nearly shot except for the astonishment of the British.

Joyeux Noel.

Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

Welcome back, Agrippa, and thanks for that story.

Merry Christmas !!!

Thanks guys; all the best to you as well!
    Amantes sunt amentes.

A movie was done in recent years about this event.

Wasn't aware of this... thanks.

I looked it up and it's called, get this, Joyeux NoŽl! I don't know if you were being sly Korbel or the movie producers tried to be as banal as they can possibly be... Maybe I'll watch it next year.
    Amantes sunt amentes.

Banlieues de Mťtropolis
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack69
    A movie was done in recent years about this event.
    That is correct. The American cable channel IFC (Independent Film Channel) has been airing it recently.

The movie is called Joyeux NoŽl. It was released in 2005.
    IMDB link:

Official Movie sites:

I have not had a chance to watch it myself, but plan to next time it is on the air.
    MOONEY: Sergeant, I swear! Flying! With a big red cape! And bright red boots as well! Then, quick as a wink - he was gone! Flew up in the air again, he did. Like a big blue bird!
    SERGEANT: Like a big blue bird....with bright red boots! Why don't you take the rest of the night off now, Mooney. Go back to Murphy's bar and finish what you plainly started. I'll be off myself in a bit and join ya there...