Thread: Microsoft Offers $44.6 Billion for Yahoo

Arrow Microsoft Offers $44.6 Billion for Yahoo

Microsoft Corp. just announced that it is is making an unsolicited $44.6 billion offer for Yahoo Inc in a move to boost its competitive edge against Google.

Sounds like a terrible idea for MS... But lucky for all you saps still holding yahoo stock... Today is the day to SELL.

I guess that $45Billion was just burning a hole in Bill's pocket. Yahoo has made less profit than the year over period for 8 quarters (2 years) in a row!!

This deal is beating Google stock into the ground too...

Microsoft seeking to buy Yahoo, Google complains:

In his book a few years back, Gates predicted that despite the implosion the internet will 'happen'. I guess when you have his kind of money you can afford to make your predictions come true.

Arrow Yahoo Turns Down Microsoft

Yahoo Inc.'s board plans to reject Microsoft Corp.'s $44.6 billion bid:

Quote Originally Posted by Slippery_When_Oiled
    Yahoo Inc.'s board plans to reject Microsoft Corp.'s $44.6 billion bid:
    That's unfortunate: my Yahoo stocks would have surely gone high if MS would have bought Y. Well...well Now, we'll see what's next in Yahoo plans. Seems like Google wants to financial help the Y...
    Mind you, this might also be some sort of strategy in order to get MS throwing more bucks in the bid.

Steve Ballmer is obsessed with closing the gap to Google. But they fell so far behind not because their technology sucks. But because of lack of perspective and vision. For years now they're only reacting to what other companies are doing. And Yahoo isn't exactly a fresh breeze in the industry.

Also: Microsoft will spend all their cash reserves. Plus exchange shares with Yahoo. This is a tight deal.

Finally the businesses of Microsoft and Yahoo are overlapping in most areas. Not ideal for a merger. It's like when Chrysler and Ford would merge. That would make a huge company. But not really solve their problems.