Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: McCain's VP / Condi Rice

  1. #1

    Talking McCain's VP / Condi Rice

    Alot of talk about Clinton, Obama, their supporters,etc. The following scenario
    has to be explored.

    Who will be McCain's running mate or VP nominee?

    Nominating Condi Rice as the VP nominee neutralizes all the supposed advantages the democrats have and her international experience surpasses
    Hillary and Barack combined.

  2. #2
    Some people here in the US are pushing for a McCain/Colin Powell ticket.

    This is all non sense. Like the blackos will vote for them

  3. #3
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,826

    Condi? No way!

    It's very unlikely he'll name a lesbian as his running mate. Very, very unlikely. He's already alienated enough conservatives in that party.

  4. #4
    If I remember correctly, this is the first time since the 1930's that you saw none of the high ranking members of the current administration (or anyone closely related) running as a candidate. How many times have you heard McCain, Huckabee, Romney, Paul, etc... mention Bush, Cheney, Rove, Wolfowitz, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, Rice, etc... in their speeches? Bush admin = the plague.

    Powell is also a bad idea, he's not conservative enough to rally the republican base.
    Last edited by JustBob; 03-15-2008 at 03:05 AM.

  5. #5
    It's a whole new ballgame
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Where I belong.
    Posts
    6,328
    Quote Originally Posted by eastender
    Nominating Condi Rice as the VP nominee neutralizes all the supposed advantages the democrats have and her international experience surpasses Hillary and Barack combined.
    Nothing would thrill the Democrats more than having McCain commit political suicide by nominating Condi as his running mate.

    The primary strategy of the Democratic candidate will be to try to link McCain as closely as possible to the Bush administration, to make it seem that a McCain administration would essentially be a third Bush term. There is nothing McCain could possibly do to ease their task more than to name as his running mate one of the architects of the Iraq disaster.

    I salivate at the thought.
    The mounties always get their man.

  6. #6

    Thumbs up 'Con'nie Rice

    Quote Originally Posted by eastender
    Nominating Condi Rice as the VP nominee neutralizes all the supposed advantages the democrats have and her international experience surpassesHillary and Barack combined.
    Are you kidding me? 'Con'nie Rice?!? If McCain is smart he will use George W. for raising money but distance himself as much as possible from W and his political entourage. She was completely useless as a Secretary of State.

    GG
    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
    - Oscar Wilde

  7. #7

    Smile Board History

    Board history has been made as we have GG and Rumples agreeing. There is hope. If Condi Rice managed to bring these two together ...................... well you never know - politics does make for strange bedfellows.

    Still comes down to the cost / benefit question and at this time it is a bit too early to make such a call.

  8. #8
    Name Retired.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Her Hot Dreams
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin
    Nothing would thrill the Democrats more than having McCain commit political suicide by nominating Condi as his running mate.

    The primary strategy of the Democratic candidate will be to try to link McCain as closely as possible to the Bush administration, to make it seem that a McCain administration would essentially be a third Bush term. There is nothing McCain could possibly do to ease their task more than to name as his running mate one of the architects of the Iraq disaster.

    I salivate at the thought.
    Hello Rumples,

    If only McCain was foolish enough to try to placate Conservatives with Condi.

    As for the so-called "Democratic Dream Ticket": a poll on CNN recently showed that supporters of each candidate generally have strong feelings against a link up of the two. Anyway neither candidate seems willing to be on the "bottom"...so to speak...of the ticket for the other.

    Cheers,

    Korbel
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

  9. #9
    Name Retired.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Her Hot Dreams
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by General Gonad
    Are you kidding me? 'Con'nie Rice?!? If McCain is smart he will use George W. for raising money but distance himself as much as possible from W and his political entourage. She was completely useless as a Secretary of State.

    GG
    Hello GG,

    You have to admit she did a fabulous job of kissing the presidential touche.

    More tongue Condi sweetie,

    Korbel
    Korbie: of the Boston Red Sox Nation...the NBA Champion Boston Celtics Pride...and...the New England Patriots Dynasty!

  10. #10
    Retired veteran hobbyist
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    17,826
    Quote Originally Posted by General Gonad
    She was completely useless as a Secretary of State.
    Very true. She was also terrible as National Security Adviser. All she did was kiss Bush's ass & tell him what he wanted to hear & one of the main culprits in dropping the ball in regards to the 9-11 attacks. Plus, as i mentionned earlier, the Republican party can live with McCain, but the conservative faction of the party (including the evangelicals) won't accept that McCain's running mate be a lesbian. By the way, have i surprised anyone with this stuff? Some of you didn't know Rice was a lesbian? It's been a well-known fact around Washington for years. Same goes with former head of the Republican party, Ken Mellman, who's a homosexual. He probably resigned a couple of years ago (as head of the party) when word was getting around about his sexual preference. It's amazing how intolerant that party is when you consider how many of their top guns are gay. Simply amazing.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    Some of you didn't know Rice was a lesbian? It's been a well-known fact around Washington for years. Same goes with former head of the Republican party, Ken Mellman, who's a homosexual. He probably resigned a couple of years ago (as head of the party) when word was getting around about his sexual preference. It's amazing how intolerant that party is when you consider how many of their top guns are gay. Simply amazing.
    Doc,

    Dick Cheney's own daughter is a lesbian. When it comes to intolerance against gays, I do not know who is worse, Christian Evangelicals or Islamic Fundamentalists.

    McCain should choose Mike Huckabee as his running mate and rally the GOP's conservative base around him. It really doesn't matter because barring an all out war in the Democratic party as they feud over the next nominee, the next President of the United States will be a Democrat. The economic recession that is hampering the US right now will ensure this outcome.

    GG
    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
    - Oscar Wilde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •