Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much would you tip

how much would you tip

how much would you tip a pizza delivery driver?

how much

Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxs
    these people work hard and they are always under pressure rain snow and always want to to be on time plus they are very low income people .some time I tip them just as much as the cost of the invoice and gives me pleasure to see them happier when they leave.

i work as one

i work as a driver.
    some people tip really good and some people are cheap
    fro example,there was a couple of times i didn't get any tip,once 4 cents.
    i went 10 km,and got $1.00,then sometimes i go 3 km and get $4.00

I usually go with 10% of the bill, passed $30.
    Under $30, I default to $2/$3

Its a low paying job. I tip about $3 on a $20 pizza. That works out to 15%. I don't think the guys are getting rich on that.

Quote Originally Posted by montreal_monk01
    I usually go with 10% of the bill, passed $30.
    Under $30, I default to $2/$3
    Same here... Round up to the dollar, then add $2 for under $20 and $3 for over $30...

Depends on the bill and how fast the food arrived

I'd rather pick it up than have some begger at my door looking for a handout.
    Same reasons I don't bother with restaunts anymore.

I've worked some crap low wage jobs without needing to get bribes.

Mr Pink from Resevoir dogs said it best.

Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!
    Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.
    Nice Guy Eddie: You don't tip?
    Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.
    Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?
    Mr. Blue: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.
    Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.
    Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a fucking Jew who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?
    Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
    Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.
    Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.
    Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?
    Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

we are not

hey wasisname
    we are not beggers.,
    yes,we are doing a job. we have to pay for the gas.
    it would cost you more if you go and get it yourself.
    just thinking when it is snowing and cold outside,you have someone bringing you your food,so you don't have to get off your big fat ass.
    you should try being a delivery person and have to deal with people like you and the traffric.
    then we will see what you will say

i went 10 km
    Thought most places had a limit on how far they'd deliver. Usually its 2 to 3 miles max. If your outside that area, why would you call that pizza joint anyway.

So if the normal pizza guy is only driving say half a mile from stop to stop...and making 6 delivery's per hour and making 2 bucks a pie as a tip (plus his salary)...then he's making close to 20 an hour at times. Peak times probably closer to 30. If he hits the same apartment building he can probably do double that amount.

Unhappy allo

i have to say to have been a deliver for like two days in the past..i was shock how much people are soooo cheap....(the one that i remember the most)you have like a bills of 52,62$..and she gave me 52,65$(15km)...and it was of the beginning of the first week of gaz price it the roof...i was sooo piss..that i gave her back the 0,03 cenne and throw the job there...cause people are really cheap.....reallyyyyyyy cheap..even one of my friend work in a reputed restaurant and something dont even get 5% of the for me i would say a new law at least give 15% MINIMUMor go get it and order to go...for me when i least..minimum 5 dollars tips (cause i am at my need to dress need to take the need to wait need to retake my car to come need to burn myself with the item....and the person come and ring my door bell...common for 5 dollars it is not that hard)....!!!!
    P.S.and when i order trust me it doesnt take 20 or 30 minute...take 15 minute maximum for the person to come to my house and the deliver guys is always happy..cause you tips good and they deliver faster for youwe all win...
    Last edited by panthere; 11-10-2008 at 01:18 PM.
    Donner une deuxième chance a quelqu'un qui ta trahi c'est comme donner une deuxième balle a quelqu'un qui ta manqué!!!

For those that are delivery people and are complaining,find another job.

When you see a big bill, dont always expect a big tip.

Sometimes you get better tips from smaller bills.

Huh ? tip for a pizza ? Here is on this forum ?

Well..since I come here to read about sex leaving politics behind nowadays (since Mod 8 don't like it)

...couldn't help thinking about the series of pics of the 'twits' with their cock showing through the pizza box !!!

Oh ! I forgot to keep on topic ! unfortunately I am quite a fr**kin macho when it comes to tipping. B might get 15-20%, a C will get 25%, a D can get as much as 30% and if she has DD well I can go up to 50%...

I know, I know... I am acting like a jacka*s but hey ?
    I just feel like it now !
    Last edited by JH Fan; 11-10-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Big sausage pizza!!!

Those guys never get tips but they still leave with a smile.

In restaurants, I tip based on service. You have to really suck as a waiter to get less than 10%. There have only be 2-3 occaisions in my whole life where zero tip was left. Sometimes, I've gone as high as 50% for outstanding service, and I mean truly outstanding (just short of a BJ from the waitress).

Delivery is another story. No matter how big the order is, or how much it costs, it's still the same car ride and the same one trip to the front door. You get around $3 at my place, whether you are bringing me one smoked meat sandwich or sushi for 20 people... Tipping a driver based on the size of the bill is out of whack with reality. Tipping a waiter or waitress makes more sense. There are more trips back and forth, more chances for mistakes, support people like busboys and drink pourers who all need their cut too...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast