Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush Ducks in Iraq Attack.

Visiting Planet Earth

Bush Ducks in Iraq Attack.

Hello all,

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- A man identified as an Iraqi journalist threw shoes at -- but missed -- President Bush during a news conference Sunday evening in Baghdad, where Bush was making a farewell visit.

Bush ducked, and the shoes, flung one at a time, sailed past his head during the news conference with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki in his palace in the heavily fortified Green Zone.

The shoe-thrower -- identified as Muntadhar al-Zaidi, an Iraqi journalist with Egypt-based al-Baghdadia television network -- could be heard yelling in Arabic: "This is a farewell ... you dog!"

While pinned on the ground by security personnel, he screamed: "You killed the Iraqis!"

Al-Zaidi was dragged away. While al-Zaidi was still screaming in another room, Bush said: "That was a size 10 shoe he threw at me, you may want to know."

Hurling shoes at someone, or sitting so that the bottom of a shoe faces another person, is considered an insult among Muslims.

The gesture "is the ultimate insult, reserved for the most hated"

A fitting symbolic statement on Bush's presidency???

Continued...on link.

Last edited by Merlot; 12-14-2008 at 11:59 PM.

I predict Oliver Stone will make a movie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mazingerz
    lol Malheureusement, il l'a manqué

Ouin... c'est assez décevant!

Too bad it was only a shoe should of used something bigger so he wouldn't have missed lol

Piratical Nerve
    The Crow's Nest
    Ha! Imagine if it had been Imelda Marcos.........1,060 pairs of shoes or 2,120 SOG
    Kinky Is Using A Feather.
    Perverted Is Using The Whole Chicken

I am me, too!
    If only I knew...
    Those were the "weapons of mass destruction" he was talking about!
    Bush is lying again: he said he could tell the shoe size just by seeing them fly by. Personally, as "weapons of mass destruction", I'd be more concerned by the smell than the size!

Did you notice that no secret service agents steped in the line of fire. If one of them did,he would have been set in theagency for life. He would have been known as the agent that was willing to take one for the president.

A fitting final tribute for this great leader who has inspired us all.

I am looking forward to 30 years from now when W is really old and 4 or 5 more presidents have come and gone and the consensus will remain "Yep -- George W Bush was THE worst US president ever."

When he eventually dies, I'm sure there will be piles of dirty shoes on his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by mazingerz
    Il aurait dû lui lancer les chaussures de Léonid Stadnik. Avec ça, il ne l'aurait pas manqué
    Hahaha ta raison lol

Two pitches, two misses.................

No chance of Major League Baseball opening franchises in Iraq any time soon...............

by the way
    the guy said" this is a goodbye kiss , you dog" and he throw the shoe
    for me this sitence alone is great!

I have to say this made my day. Its unfortunate the guy is still in jail. There are already demonstrations demanding his release.

Gosh its hard not to love it!

How would you like to be a parent who lost a kid in Iraq and now see the Iraqis going crazy because the thrower is in jail?

Proudly Liberal
    Eastern Canada
    It's unfortunate that the thousands of innocents Bush has sent to their deaths due to the fabricated Iraqi invasion & occupancy didn't have the same chances he had to get out of the way.
    "Never Trump"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast