Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A very Sad day for me today!

A very Sad day for me today!

I understand that this post does not go well with our community, but every year I write, somewhere, these little phrases that seem to help me cope with the pain that still lingers within me.

A very Sad day for me today!

On this day in 2004, an accident occured on a highway near Ottawa. Two cars driven by teenagers, thinking they were on a local and private race track, were speeding in excess of 200km hour. Not wanting to lower their speed, they zigzaged in amonsgt the cars that were headed to the capital. During one of theses slaloms manouvers, one of the cars hit the back of a small compact car sending it into a tunnel roll which was only stopped by trees lining the side of the road. Aboard the vehicule, two innocent people heading towards Ottawa to surprise a father and husband, who hadn't seen his family four nearly a month.

One of the passengers a four year old girl died instantly as the car was slammed into the trees, the mother and wife, died in her husbands arms at the hospital, her last words to him were 'I am leaving you not because I want to, but because I have to, please don't remain alone waiting to join us, live a happy life',

I have yet to honor her last wish, and I still linger in the past. I have promised them both, on more then one occaision that I would do as I have been asked. This year the pain feels different somehow, it feels more managerable, it feels less like the knife that it has in the past, maybe finally this year I will be able to meet this promise, and maybe start a new family!

Thanks for the ear, like I had mentioned, it just helps to let it out!
    Last edited by Kronos; 09-20-2009 at 01:56 PM.

hi kronos
    ur post is welcomed and it does goes in this is community..meaning we share ideas and support each other
    I am sorry to hear ur wife died and maybe your daughter,....I am really
    I hope God will give you patience to support this pain
    Best regards
    Last edited by newman1; 09-16-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: grammar

God be with you Kronos

I'm sorry for you. that's very sad.

Proudly Liberal
    Eastern Canada
    I knew that a tragedy had happened to you in the past, but i wasn't sure of the details until now. Yourstory reminds me a lot of Joe Biden's tragic story. But like him, you're a good man & even though you'll never really be able to put the past behind as much as you may want to, you'll be a stronger & possibly even better person because of it. I'm convinced about this.

I wish you nothing but the best & you have the support of many, including myself.

THANK YOU BURKIE !!! G1GBallday's Avatar
    Quebec City
    I often listen to this song when thinking of someone I loved and lost. The song always makes me shed a tear but then I feel better.

Good luck and stay strong Kronos.
    The hockey game most enjoyed by Canadians from coast to coast since 1972.

Rookie hobbyist
    Sorry to hear about your loss Kronos ... and yes, I think it's appropriate to post your thoughts. I'm sure that you have the support of many in this community. All the best.

Sorry for you loss. Can't even imagine how you must feel.

Kronos, you can't undo what has been done. It has been 5 years now and it's probably time to let go, just a little bit, and move on.

Best wishes.

Kronos, I think you're a very courageous man.

You may never be completely healed but you will learn to live one day at a time and deal with your loss.

I'm convinced that you're on the right path. Just be patient and give yourself the opportunity to experience hapiness, even if for a short moment.

Don't give up.

Ariane xox
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anaïs Nin

Red Sox Nation
    Kronos...You're in my thoughts on this terribly hard to deal with day. All the best my friend!
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

VIP-9 Coming This Fall lgna69xxx's Avatar
    Kronos, may each day get a little easier towards the healing of your heart, i know exactly what your going thru, losing the ones you gave your love, your life,and your soul to, is never easy , remember everything good about them and feel blessed that you were in their lives, all be it not long enuff, but cherish the time spent together... i am truly sorry for your loss

Montreal - Sin city of the North
    Time heal all wounds but we never forget.
    Stay strong, best wishes

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, Love leaves a memory no one can steal.
    Let them be your strength.
    My Condolences.
    Last edited by chloe; 09-17-2009 at 08:27 AM. Reason: mis-splet word

I was alone when I read this which was a good thing. My heart goes out to you and never regret doing what you have to do to carry on.

My condolences to you your post is more than welcome in this community theres more to us than just reviewing and questioning.I hope you are able to get through this difficult time with the loss of your loved ones.May they be in a better place and rest in peace.

i am truly hurt by your sad story and i wish you the best my friend.
    my condolences and stay strong KRONOS
    im back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast