Thread: Hotel Ruby Foo's

rhode island

Hotel Ruby Foo's

Will be staying at Hotel Ruby Foo's a few weeks from now. Is this considered "outside of Downtown", thereby incurring any extra costs? I noticed a few agencies state this. I would rather pay this extra money to a girl in the form of a tip, rather than have some driver get it.

On a map, it's on A-15, just south of A-40. It's not that far out of downtown, but the Decarie Expressway closes at 9pm for construction Sun-Thu. All traffic is shifted to the access roads, making travel quite slow through the area. I have never stayed there, so I don't know if most would consider it standard rates or not, but you might have better luck negotiating for such on Fri-Sat or before 9pm.

Ruby Foo's is not downtown

I stayed at Ruby Foo's once. It's definitely not in downtown, although in the 'Montreal Hotel Recommendations' thread, it was mentioned as SP-friendly.
    This hotel/motel is at the edge of a very residential neighborhood, and there is a Metro station nearby. Across the Decarie expressway is a fairly well-known fast-food drive-in shaped like a big orange golf ball that sells Montreal's ubiquitous Orange Julius'.
    I prefer downtown, but this wasn't a bad place.
    Take me out to the black,
    Tell em I ain't comin' back.
    Burn the land and boil the sea,
    You can't take the sky from me.

There's no place I can't be,
    Since I found Serenity,
    But you can't take the sky from me.