Thread: Apartment rental competition

Apartment rental competition

Going in for an apartment rental interview this week.

Have already seen the place and love it but I'm competing with 3 others for it.

Has anyone been in this position before?

Any advice?

In the society we live in not only do you have to compete for jobs but you have to compete for housing rental.

Offer to pay 3 month right away... it's usually help to close such deals!

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    Have already seen the place and love it but I'm competing with 3 others for it.
    You could offer postdated cheques for the whole year, or offer to sign a 2 year contract, or offer to pay a little more rent, or offer to paint the place yourself, or mention that you have no pets, or are a quiet tenant, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by master_bates View Post
    In the society we live in not only do you have to compete for jobs but you have to compete for housing rental.
    Quebec's rental board policy does restrict the supply of new apartments. Nonetheless, there are plenty of available apartments out there. If you don't get this one, lots more empty ones are available. Check on Craigslist, Kijiji, or Annonce123.

Kepler, I'm aware that yes you could always find another place but this one is just perfect for its location, price and everything thats included with it.

I found it on craigslist

Quote Originally Posted by wilko26 View Post
    Offer to pay 3 month right away... it's usually help to close such deals!

I like this idea, I might use it.