Thread: Which is the better video format MP4 or WMV

Which is the better video format MP4 or WMV

I have videos that I've downloaded and was wondering which video format is the best to keep them in MP4 or WMV?
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    I have videos that I've downloaded and was wondering which video format is the best to keep them in MP4 or WMV?
    http://www.differencebetween.net/tec...n-mov-and-mp4/

Make your decision based on the resolution of the video, not what format it's in. MP4 is generally used to encode high def video and will usually be higher res than WMV or divx and chances are pretty good that your MP4 vids are higher quality than your WMVs. So just check the properties of each video and keep the ones that are in the higher resolution.

If you're planning to convert videos you already have to either format, then that's an entirely different subject.
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Techman View Post
    Make your decision based on the resolution of the video, not what format it's in. MP4 is generally used to encode high def video and will usually be higher res than WMV or divx and chances are pretty good that your MP4 vids are higher quality than your WMVs. So just check the properties of each video and keep the ones that are in the higher resolution.

If you're planning to convert videos you already have to either format, then that's an entirely different subject.

Actually they are music videos downloaded from Youtube. The program used to download the videos has the files in MP4 but there is an option to convert to WMV.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"