Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I was thinking.....

  1. #1

    Cool I was thinking.....

    That merb should get an app!!!! How great would that be!!!! Easy and convient to stay posted on what's going on! Threads would be easier to follow!!!

    Oh and could someone tell me where to get the info on become a paid advertiser?? I looked quickly but couldn't seem to find what I'm looking for..... Yet again it's early and I'm still in bed lol!

    I want a merb app please!!!

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Pricing can be found here: https://merb.cc/advertising.htm

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Administrator Fred Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    UP ABOVE SMILING
    Posts
    1,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalbeauty View Post
    I looked quickly but couldn't seem to find what I'm looking for..... Yet again it's early and I'm still in bed lol!

    I want a merb app please!!!
    You are in good company here, Naturalbeauty, just message me when you want some advertising infos...
    fredzed@cotse.net
    "Oh, so they have internet on computers now!" - Homer J.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalbeauty View Post
    That merb should get an app!!!! How great would that be!!!! Easy and convient to stay posted on what's going on! Threads would be easier to follow!!!

    I want a merb app please!!!
    If you have an iPhone, you have a way to create your own app. Go to the web page you want to save, touch the "+" at the bottom of the screen, select "Add to home screen...Voilà! You have the app button right there. This should work on the iPad too. I don't know about any other smartphone. I'm sure there is a way to do the same for a Blackberry, Droid, or whatever else there is.
    "I have the right to remain silent, but I don't have the ability": Ron White
    "Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?": Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear" (1991)
    Pussycat Song- The Asylum Street Spankers
    Scrotum Song- The Asylum Street Spankers

  7. #7
    It's a whole new ballgame
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Where I belong.
    Posts
    6,328
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetwater View Post
    If you have an iPhone, you have a way to create your own app. Go to the web page you want to save, touch the "+" at the bottom of the screen, select "Add to home screen...Voilà! You have the app button right there. This should work on the iPad too. I don't know about any other smartphone. I'm sure there is a way to do the same for a Blackberry, Droid, or whatever else there is.
    That would be a bookmark, not an app. Quite different. Activate it and you open Safari, not a stand-alone app.
    The mounties always get their man.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Western USA
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    That would be a bookmark, not an app. Quite different. Activate it and you open Safari, not a stand-alone app.
    Though it may not be a true app, I have the Forum page on a "bookmark/button/whatever", when I touch it it opens on the Forum. Yes, it opens Safari and you need data capabilities, but it will go to the website and page specified when it is added to the Home screen. I have done this with several websites and works fine. It might as well be an app.

    Sweetwater
    "I have the right to remain silent, but I don't have the ability": Ron White
    "Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?": Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear" (1991)
    Pussycat Song- The Asylum Street Spankers
    Scrotum Song- The Asylum Street Spankers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •