Thread: U.S. Bars Canadian Terrorists From Entering

Veteran of Misadventures

U.S. Bars Canadian Terrorists From Entering

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americ....ap/index.html

Looks like these troublemakers will continue to be a Canadian problem, hope they at least pay their taxes.

tax's....they're probably on welfare under five different names. years ago a buddy from toronto who had to patrol certain area's told me that it wasnt uncommon for certain questionable characters to apply for support several times under different names.

Retired veteran hobbyist
    Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    tax's....they're probably on welfare under five different names. years ago a buddy from toronto who had to patrol certain area's told me that it wasnt uncommon for certain questionable characters to apply for support several times under different names.
    Many of them are hired to drive tractor-trailers with no valid permit. Often, dozens of them drive one of those giants under only one permit (and it's not even their name or picture on that permit). Authorities are too careless or stupid to notice until they get into accidents. They see a picture of some guy with a turban and automatically figure that they're the same person pictured.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by breadman
    I ,too, am tempted to think that most troublemakers and latent terrorist cell members don't do much in life but wait for the opportunity to cause trouble. Unfortunately, even though the States have boosted security, the borders are probably still quite porous. An area of concern i'd have would be the Mexican-US border. Something 's probably in the works somewhere.

On a side-note, that dirty-bomb scare we heard of this week targeting Boston and /or New-York was probably a hoax according to authorities.

femaleluver
    fml

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by femaleluver
    I ,too, am tempted to think that most troublemakers and latent terrorist cell members don't do much in life but wait for the opportunity to cause trouble. femaleluver
    They have to be getting some income, and if it isn't through welfare fraud, I suspect it is from apparently legitimate Islamic charities that funnel money to them. What these terrorist cells do is they take advantage of these charity groups by planting members in them. Unfortunately, even though some of these charities probably do some good, they need to be audited at a minimum, although I prefer the harsher measure of freezing their accounts if the slightest funneling of money to troublemakers is detected.

Regarding the militarization of the US borders, it is already happening. We will soon have a helicopter air base in Plattsburgh patrolling the border and roads going to and from Montreal. Depending on what happens in the future, I think full militarization of both borders will eventually occur.

proud infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by ElfGoneBad
    There was a story on the wire this past week about at least 15 cars driving through the Quebec NY border (coming to Canada) without stopping. Apparently the cars went through the lane reserved for trucks and never stopped.
    We have spent billions for border security, we had those big ass press conferences and big ass announcements... still, you stick a feather up your ass, get on a ski-doo and BOO! in you go
    Yeah, i read a story in this week's Gazette about a guy often having to travel to Plattsburgh for work and complaining that he had noticed on more than one occasion some customs agents literally asleep at the switch as he was crossing the border (from US into Can of course...). I think that the report talked about a couple of dozens of such occurences numbered over the last year or so. Scary.

Let's face it, our protection will rest mostly on how we manage to keep "them" in check once they're already inside our countries because we are just kidding ourselves if we think that somehow we can keep them from entering either Can or the US.

femaleluver
    fml