Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Late night restaurants in Montreal

Late night restaurants in Montreal

Will be arriving in montreal late this evening - round 11 pm and will need something to eat downtown.

I have no idea what is open and what is good.

(Staying in the Queen Elizabeth hotel)

If you were coming to Toronto, it would be an easy recommendation - Swatow in Chinatown.

Need good late night eats in Montreal.

Near the Queen E you can go to Dunns 24h walking distance on Metcalfe. Kojaxs on St Catherine / Crescent.

You can take a cab to chinatown and eat at Beijing De La Gauchetier / St Urbain.
    "Just When I Thought I Was Out.....They Pull Me Back In!!!"

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    You can take a cab to chinatown and eat at Beijing De La Gauchetier / St Urbain.
    This restaurant is fantastic and Captain Kirk would be proud to dine here, even with Klingons. I was not aware they were open late but I see from the Yelp reviews that they are. The shrimp with lobster sauce, which is made with black beans, is the best shrimp with lobster sauce I have ever had anywhere in the USA or Canada. The only thing that bothers me is they serve the sauce over a bed of lettuce leaves which soaks up that delicious sauce, but delicious sauce should only be soaked up by your mouth.

They tend to have a handwritten menu of specials on the wall to the left as you enter and it is mostly authentic style dishes.

The best restaurant in Chinatown I IMHO.

EB,

Share your passion for shrimp with lobster sauce. Simply ask the restaurant to hold the lettuce leaves. Never a problem. Although they may refer to you as Mr. "No Lettuce Leaves" from then on.
    Last edited by eastender; 12-21-2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: caps
    LISA'S FRIEND

I don't believe Beijing is open after Bar closings at 3:00 AM, there is another restaurant 2 doors left of Beijing that remains open until 4:00...If you're looking to partake in more local not so healthy fare, La Banquise on Rachel St is open 24hrs and serves up many varieties of Quebec's famed poutines.

Shrimp with lobster sauce is a well kept secret. I have introduced it to many people and once they have tasted it, there is no going back. Holding the lettuce leaves are no problem. Just to mention for those that try it for the first time. You will have to order plain white rice to go with that. You know, you can eat the lettuce leaves with the sauce on it too.

Beijing has long been my go-to asian dining place in Montreal. The spring rolls are delicious as well as the best Hot & Sour soup I've ever had! Amazing. Another favorite is the Beef Chow Ho #196 on the menu. Great tender beef, noodles, and bean sprouts in a brown sauce. Next time I'm going with the Shrimp Lobster Sauce.

I also would frequent Soup & Noodles at St. Catherine & St Marc or St Mathieu, not sure, but as of a couple weeks ago I drove by and they were all shuttered up. Not sure if it's permanently gone or what?
    Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction) English, motherfu*ker, do you speak it?

Typical Yankee fan in the Merb Sports Section!! Bwwaahh.

Well there is always la Banquise on rachel near the park lafontaine they are 24/24 breakfast and the rest of the day it is fast food and they are famous for their poutines!

'round 3am there is frenquently big line up outside though ..

Ez
    Et je l'écoute (Joël Bouchard) toujours jusqu'à la fin de son laïus parce que je suis convaincu qu'un jour, il va terminer en nous offrant des voitures usagées à des prix INCROYABLES!

-Ronald King

Veteran of Misadventures
    So Captain Kirk, where did you find your late night munchies?

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Blagojevich View Post
    Shrimp with lobster sauce is a well kept secret. I You know, you can eat the lettuce leaves with the sauce on it too.
    IMHO the lettuce leaves are for decorative purposes only and do not go with this meal. Shrimp with Lobster sauce should be eaten with white rice or pork fried rice. I have never eaten the lettuce leaves before. Next time I am there I will tell them to hold the lettuce leaves, even with the risk that I end up being known there as "Mr. No Lettuce Leaves."
    Last edited by EagerBeaver; 12-22-2012 at 10:34 AM.

I suggest you Chez Yoy, open 24hrs corner St-Denis/Mont Royal. Very good asian food and prices are reasonnable

It's a whole new ballgame
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver View Post
    The best restaurant in Chinatown I IMHO.
    Possibly, but only because the best Chinese resto in the area is but a few metres outside of Chinatown. Niu Kee is on Clark, just the other side of Rene-Levesque from Chinatown. It's on the second floor and, from the look of the place from the outside, you'd never give it a second thought. It is also, I believe, the only open-door commercial establishment on the block of Clark between Rene-Levesque and St. Catherine. The Shredded Pork with Garlic Sauce is probably my favorite dish on this fair isle. Here's the menu: http://www.urbanspoon.com/cities/67-...5-niu-kee/menu
    The mounties always get their man.

Quote Originally Posted by dcfan View Post
    I suggest you Chez Yoy, open 24hrs corner St-Denis/Mont Royal. Very good asian food and prices are reasonnable
    Dunno about that. On the four corners of St. Denis/Mont Royal are SE - Thai Express, NE - A&W, NW - Fameux, SW - Rapido. That's all four. Where's Chez Yoy?

i like my bar food amir great wrap if im that lazy i get room service if i dont fall asleep

Quote Originally Posted by rumpleforeskiin View Post
    Dunno about that. On the four corners of St. Denis/Mont Royal are SE - Thai Express, NE - A&W, NW - Fameux, SW - Rapido. That's all four. Where's Chez Yoy?
    just in front of club Diable Vert. If you come from east on mont-royal you turn right on st-denis (north) and you will see it. Its corner NW if you understand better. Big advantage of the place : open 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by dcfan View Post
    just in front of club Diable Vert. If you come from east on mont-royal you turn right on st-denis (north) and you will see it. Its corner NW if you understand better. Big advantage of the place : open 24 hours
    On the northwest corner of St-Denis and Mont-Royal, you'll find the Fameux Resto. It's a large place with a big menu. The club you mention, Diable Vert, according to Google Maps, is on the east side of the street, half way to Rue Bienville. I know the area well, and have never seen Chez Yoy. A Google search for it yields nothing.

A little farther up the street from Diable Vert there's a Mexican taqueria named Le Metraca that's been there for about three years. They're open, I believe, until 1 am. There was a Chinese place in that spot before them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast