As discussed in a controversial thread about SP/MP who want to have their reviews pulled, we agreed to create a thread in which the name or handle of MP/SP who don`t want reviews would be listed. There it is...
MERB believes that members of the community deserve basic respect. Given this, the post removal policy is simple, and applies BOTH to merb members (clients) and service providers or agencies...
1) All MERB members are in complete control of their posts, and whether a member has been banned or not is irrelevant. Upon request by PM or from a VERIFIED email allowing us to make sure the person is really who he/she claims he/she is (the email registered in the MERB profile), we will remove all of his/her posts. We still reserve the right to verify the request before taking action on it.
2) Post removal requests are considered high-priority, but may take a short while if we are busy with other things, since we are just volunteers. You can expect your request to be fulfilled as soon as humanly possible.
3) We do NOT remove all of a member`s posts upon banishment. Since banishment is a potentially reversible action, we don`t want to do anything irreversible UNLESS IT`S REQUESTED by the member (above).
4) With previous versions of vBulletin, deletion of a board member would automatically result in all of his/her posts to be deleted. This is not true anymore. Again, it has to be specifically requested.
Service providers / agencies
We consider that ANY SP has the right to ask for removal of posts about her, as long as it does not affect the objectivity of the board. We consider this board as being a service to the "hobbying community", but the service providers have the right to decide whether they want to be reviewed here or not.
EDIT 1: 5) The same kind of identity verification is done to Service Providers, to make sure he/she is who he/she claims he/she is. We will take requests from published emails or PMs from SPs registered with their published email address.
It seems the change was never clearly stated here but, since quite a while, it`s been MERB policy not to grant NRP for escorts, unless there`s a direct verifiable threat to her safety or unless she permanently leave the business. This is still in effect. There is an exception for massage parlors, due to their legal status and the harm any reviews, even good ones, can do. Please see edit #2
EDIT 2: Please see this link: https://merb.cc/vbulletin/showthread.php?52161-Important-notice!!!-Change-to-the-NRP-policy.
6) We do NOT delete single posts. If requested, ALL posts / threads / reviews regarding a service provider are to be removed. We will do our best to search and identify all related posts, good AND bad, to remove them ALL.
7) From now on (new policy), we will post a list of the service providers who requested to have information about them deleted.
We do not have control over what is happening on other review boards, and as such, it is quite possible reviews or information about a service provider still exist somewhere else while he/she`s asking us to delete all information here. Please understand that not all review boards have the same policies, but we believe everyone has the fundamental right to have a public presence - or not - on boards like this one.
By the way, in light of the recent events on this board, we are currently in the process of revising the rules, to hopefully encompass all grey areas.
Thank you for reading