if you're only using the phone for texting then you don't need to reset the phone or even use a second phone, just use a second texting app and back up the texts on that app and uninstall the app at the time of border crossing. No need to wipe the whole phone if you're already comfortable using your primary phone, just the extra text app.You keep using your regular text app for your day to day stuff and that's all anyone will see. Very minor inconvenience of changing your default text app when you go into monger mode. I would still use a second phone though, to isolate my personal and professional life from the mongering. However when I travel I have texts, calls, whatsapp, photos/videos and/or social media used. Different use case though, since I travel to get out of Canada, not to come here, and I never use agencies either here or abroad. You need to adapt to your particular style of travel and communication needsGood points both Skarsga and Urquell.
It's impossible to make sms with agencies not suspicious no matter how you phrase it though and many would prefer to use the same burner number for this purpose (many agency girls only see regulars)
In this case the solution would be to to have a previous backup of your phone saved with some contacts and apps and random pictures (less suspicious)
set up your appointments before arriving--->back up your texts -->factory reset phone ---> restore previous backup --->restore texts after passing customs
it's a pain in the ass but it would work...Just make sure you save the backups onto a Cloud (ie ProtonDrive) and log out those accounts on your phones



