Votes: 42 56.0%
  • did not use protection sometimes, caught incurable STDs

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Popcorn

Votes: 13 17.3%

• Total voters

Abathur

Aug 9, 2019
From my understanding, if you use protection correctly each time, the chances of catching incurable STDs are extremely low.

If both parties practice good hygiene routines, people should not worry about curable STDs (via skin contact) that much as well.

Patron

May 23, 2004
Visit site
Hope you don’t mind some essay to go with your multiple choice. Because sometimes you just don’t know whether you ever got one or not. I have had two scares out of 150 or so ladies, and since I am a big repeater with ladies I like, a total number of experiences many times that. Most local Montreal hobbyists would have numbers many times those amounts since the availabilities are greater and the prices are lower. My point being that, like with Covid-19, you simply can’t ignore denominators in your analysis.

Once I got a swollen penis. I wisely went to the doctor immediately, because if your urethra gets damaged, it is a huge big deal. I got on steroids and the problem was fixed immediately. I got a full battery of STDs and they were all negative. I never had any pain, but there was itching. The clinic doctor gave it 50/50 between a condom allergy and an STD. A more experience dermatologist I asked said it was likely a condom reaction due to the itching with no pain. I had used some Japanese condoms from the Internet. He suggested I put the condom on a body part other than my penis or my forehead to see if it happened again. I did not, instead opting to just throw out the Japanese condoms.

Another time, I got a horrible sore throat after an intense DATY but also DATO session. The clinic doctor wasn’t that helpful and thought it was allergies or a regular cold/flu. But she gave me antibiotics at my insistence and it cured things right away. I think DATO is a lot more dangerous than DATY and I was more reluctant to do it after that, and much more insistent on bringing alcohol wipes when I do. I think it can be an erotic foreplay for anal sex, but the simple fact of the matter is that more bacteria can exist there than in and around the vagina.

Other than those bad experiences, nothing. I always get BBBJs, do DATY, and I like sessions where realistically either my hand or her hand often touches my penis after that hand coming into minor contact with her vagina through fingering.

I simply think the reports of significant STDs are overdone. Wear a condom (not a Japanese one in my case) for vaginal and anal sex, wash your hands and penis after sex, pee not very long after intercourse, gargle with mouthwash before and after DATY, but really limit DATO or do a lot of cleaning with an alcohol wipe beforehand if possible. That is my strategy. I do get STD tests pretty regularly and I give blood, so officially I have never caught anything that is officially an STD, but honestly I would count the bacteria in the throat and the condom allergy reaction since I wouldn’t have caught them if it weren’t for the sex.

Jupiter9

Aug 3, 2011
Not 100% sure about this today, but a long time ago I forcefully stopped giving blood because of having multiples sex partners and it would get automaticaly get you rejected as a safe blood donor.

Patron

May 23, 2004
Visit site
Not 100% sure about this today, but a long time ago I forcefully stopped giving blood because of having multiples sex partners and it would get automaticaly get you rejected as a safe blood donor.
You need one of those bumper stickers that says Ignore Stupid Rules.

Johns and sex workers that do not use intravenous drugs are no more likely to have HIV than the general populace.

Jupiter9

Aug 3, 2011
You need one of those bumper stickers that says Ignore Stupid Rules.

Johns and sex workers that do not use intravenous drugs are no more likely to have HIV than the general populace.
Remember the hiv/blood scandals of the late 80s early 90s?
The regulations were established without any considerations to who we're your partners, it was just based on very simple probabilities maths, which made sense and still do, imho,sw or not.

In those years my partners we're all "civilians", and I totally agreed with the strict regulations, people in medical need should not have to worry about getting sicker from blood transfusions.

Reactions: sene5hos

TheJames101

Jan 21, 2017
Another time, I got a horrible sore throat after an intense DATY but also DATO session. The clinic doctor wasn’t that helpful and thought it was allergies or a regular cold/flu. But she gave me antibiotics at my insistence and it cured things right away. I think DATO is a lot more dangerous than DATY and I was more reluctant to do it after that, and much more insistent on bringing alcohol wipes when I do. I think it can be an erotic foreplay for anal sex, but the simple fact of the matter is that more bacteria can exist there than in and around the vagina.

Yep - so many here post about going full on with the DATO during a session... but though I would really really love to (it's so damn erotic)... doing that with a relative stranger is an extremely risky activity (let me emphasize - really really risky). So many potential problems... the risk isn't worth the reward, imho.

As for other STD's... well, here and in many other hobbyist communities... getting an honest answer is pretty difficult. It's a taboo subject. It happens more than is admitted... but how much more? Who knows.

Last edited:

Patron

May 23, 2004
Visit site
Remember the hiv/blood scandals of the late 80s early 90s?
The regulations were established without any considerations to who we're your partners, it was just based on very simple probabilities maths, which made sense and still do, imho,sw or not.

In those years my partners we're all "civilians", and I totally agreed with the strict regulations, people in medical need should not have to worry about getting sicker from blood transfusions.
No, they were based on the statistics part of lies, damned lies and statistics. Early on there was a study of street scene sex workers in Miami and “call girls” in Miami. There was a very high HIV positive rate among the street walkers and 0 percent among the call girls. They lumped call sex workers and John’s together in prohibiting blood donations. Bad science but trying to implement a realistic policy is impossible. If I saw street workers I wouldn’t give blood.

Jupiter9

Aug 3, 2011
No, they were based on the statistics part of lies, damned lies and statistics. Early on there was a study of street scene sex workers in Miami and “call girls” in Miami. There was a very high HIV positive rate among the street walkers and 0 percent among the call girls. They lumped call sex workers and John’s together in prohibiting blood donations. Bad science but trying to implement a realistic policy is impossible. If I saw street workers I wouldn’t give blood.
I guess we get to chose which lies we want to believe. I dont see why you emphase so much on the SWs as I my opinion clearly state:

"The regulations were established without any considerations to who we're your partners, it was just based on very simple probabilities maths, which made sense and still do, imho,sw or not"

Patron

May 23, 2004
Visit site
Do you support the male gay ban, too? A Montreal group has been on the forefront of trying to eliminate that for years.

Jupiter9

Aug 3, 2011
Do you support the male gay ban, too? A Montreal group has been on the forefront of trying to eliminate that for years.

Wtf are talking about? You are so off trying to make a point, I dont know why I am still waisting my time here, nuffsaid.

Patron

May 23, 2004
Visit site
I mentioned giving blood because it provides proof that no HIV, or other STDs that are detectable by blood tests, have been acquired. It seems relevant to the topic at hand. You apparently feel that not being completely truthful on a questionnaire is an important way to live. I simply disagree, and offer the reasons for my viewpoint. I suspect that many John’s, sex workers, and gay men donate blood and are not truthful on those questionnaires and believe the benefits of their donations exceed some minor lie on a questionnaire. Apparently if you do this activity in Montreal you are somehow able to get over the barrier that c-36 provides.

And the big deal of this is it creates prejudice. The government declares that sex workers, johns and gay men are prohibited from giving blood because they are supposedly more likely to carry STDs, namely HIV. If the government is going to say something that prejudicial to the general public, it better damn well be correct. And it is really doubtful, in my opinion, that it is true.

Last edited:

Patron

May 23, 2004
Visit site
Nope. Didn’t know what to pick, so I just did the essay. Is a swollen penis requiring steroids from a likely allergy to a Japanese condom lubricant a curable STD? Was my incredibly bad sore throat a bacterial infection from sexual activity, or just a coincidence during cold/flu season and the antibiotics ended up being a placebo? A lot of times we just don’t know.

Reactions: TAObvi

Abathur

Aug 9, 2019
the real number might be even higher, some people have a strong immune function so they might not notice they had minor STDs...since gems are invisible, people often don't realize the risk factors involved...

Reactions: TheJames101

Stx

Nov 12, 2017
It's a probability thing.

The higher the amount of sexual contacts you have, the more likely you are to eventually catch an STD. So considering that some people see many, many SPs, and that most SPs have a high number of sexual contacts themselves (part of the job description), there are bound to be people who catch STDs.

So if you have multiple sexual contacts (i.e. everyone on merb), make sure to get tested multiple times a year (e.g. once every 3 or 6 months, depending on how active you are). It's free and can be easily done at your local CLSC, and as with all medical matters, it's confidential. Not only will it help keep you healthy, but it'll also help keep your wives/girlfriends/fwbs and the SPs that you see healthy.

Reactions: Abathur

TheJames101

Jan 21, 2017
get tested multiple times a year (e.g. once every 3 or 6 months, depending on how active you are)... but it'll also help keep your wives/girlfriends/fwbs and the SPs that you see healthy.

tbh, if you catch something but don't only get tested every 3- 6 months - your wives/etc are probably going to catch what you have too.