When I lived in Vancouver I got bored waiting at a particular intersection because the red light was long and turning right could be an issue when I wanted to because of the pedestrian traffic. In order to entertain myself I started a little pastime I called Miss Crosswalk, whereby I would look at all the girls crossing the street at this one particular intersection every day and I would pick the one I found most attractive and declare her the winner of the Miss Crosswalk pageant for the day. The only rules were that declare a winner, it has to be at that particular crosswalk and people on the sidewalks didn't count. It was an utterly foolish and shallow pastime that I used to amuse myself at the intersection for the 2 minutes I was stuck there and 5 minutes later I had already forgotten about the winner. Totally meaningless.
Many years later and in the Law of Unintended Consequences I've been considering it recently and I've found that it actually has taught me quite a bit about myself and about my standards of beauty. You see, I always had to declare a winner of the daily pageant but I had no control over the participants, and I frequently had to choose a winner among women that I wouldn't typically consider attractive, and some downright unattractive, who were nevertheless the best of the bunch on that particular day. I didn't really think about it much. Now, as I look back on it I see that it has been very instructive to me on what individual aspects of women that I find most attractive, from body, ethnicity, race, face, hairstyle, different walks, mannerisms, styles of dress, body art and those indefinable traits that nevertheless are visually attractive. I would find myself sometimes finding that the whole of a collection of beautiful pieces was sometimes less than the sum of the parts because of one little thing, or more than the sum of the parts because of one little thing, whatever that may have been. Sometimes an air of oneself, or a unattractive piercing, or a pronounced slouch, or whatever. Could literally be anything. The same thing could elevate someone at the other end of the spectrum. When I had to compare unattractive people to pick a winner I had to decide why one woman who was unattractive to me was nevertheless more attractive than another unattractive woman. Again it came to down to one thing or another and further refined what I considered to be attractive in my mind, and I began looking for what was attractive in unattractive people.
The reason this all came about was because I was thinking about my personal evolution, and thinking about why it is that I find a broader base of girls more attractive than I did when I was younger, and why I can get more enjoyment and esthetic pleasure in the company of more women than I used to, and how this translates into an openness to see more ladies in the paid companionship space as well. It also seems to be a big contributor as far I why service is so much more important than looks for me. As I've been reflecting on it lately a whole bunch of that evolving perspective has come totally unintentionally from a stupid little stoplight pastime. Here in Montreal I continue the practice, and I use Peel and Rene Levesque as my crosswalk runway, and it's a completely different animal than it was in Vancouver because of the composition of the population, which also gave me a lot of food for thought.
Girls are awesome.
Many years later and in the Law of Unintended Consequences I've been considering it recently and I've found that it actually has taught me quite a bit about myself and about my standards of beauty. You see, I always had to declare a winner of the daily pageant but I had no control over the participants, and I frequently had to choose a winner among women that I wouldn't typically consider attractive, and some downright unattractive, who were nevertheless the best of the bunch on that particular day. I didn't really think about it much. Now, as I look back on it I see that it has been very instructive to me on what individual aspects of women that I find most attractive, from body, ethnicity, race, face, hairstyle, different walks, mannerisms, styles of dress, body art and those indefinable traits that nevertheless are visually attractive. I would find myself sometimes finding that the whole of a collection of beautiful pieces was sometimes less than the sum of the parts because of one little thing, or more than the sum of the parts because of one little thing, whatever that may have been. Sometimes an air of oneself, or a unattractive piercing, or a pronounced slouch, or whatever. Could literally be anything. The same thing could elevate someone at the other end of the spectrum. When I had to compare unattractive people to pick a winner I had to decide why one woman who was unattractive to me was nevertheless more attractive than another unattractive woman. Again it came to down to one thing or another and further refined what I considered to be attractive in my mind, and I began looking for what was attractive in unattractive people.
The reason this all came about was because I was thinking about my personal evolution, and thinking about why it is that I find a broader base of girls more attractive than I did when I was younger, and why I can get more enjoyment and esthetic pleasure in the company of more women than I used to, and how this translates into an openness to see more ladies in the paid companionship space as well. It also seems to be a big contributor as far I why service is so much more important than looks for me. As I've been reflecting on it lately a whole bunch of that evolving perspective has come totally unintentionally from a stupid little stoplight pastime. Here in Montreal I continue the practice, and I use Peel and Rene Levesque as my crosswalk runway, and it's a completely different animal than it was in Vancouver because of the composition of the population, which also gave me a lot of food for thought.
Girls are awesome.




