Thread: R.I.P Nelson Mandella

Original Dude

R.I.P Nelson Mandella

The former South Africa President and ex Political Prisoner has passed away today around 4 PM. He will be remembered by the entire world as an inspiration and a man of good. He was 95 Years Old.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

Banned
    He was a great man. R.I.P. Mandella.

Banned
    Médiocrité quand tu nous ratrappes! Comparing the popularity of the Paul Walker and the Nelson Mendella threads popularity. Diappointing and depressing.

world lost a great son.R.I.P sir.

I don't exactly agree. Mandela is of course a lot more admirable, but he was retired and died at a venerable age. People will understandably discuss more about someone relatively young who died a tragic death, even if he's 100 times less important. (By the way, everyone above misspelled ''Mandela'' )
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”

Is it too early for dead guy jokes?

What's the difference between Paul Walker and Nelson Mandela?

Nothing, they're both black and dead.

I'm pretty sure Paul Walker was black...after that fire.

That's why it's called a joke.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Siocnarf View Post
    People will understandably discuss more about someone relatively young who died a tragic death, even if he's 100 times less important.
    Hey all,

Mandela was a truly remarkable human being who sacrificed everything for many millions and could sooth the harshest of souls. True, people are more quickly attracted to tragedy, especially concerning a narrowly type cast pop entertainer who gained a cult-like following. Walker seems like he was a great guy. I was very saddened by his tragic preventable death. Understandably, people were far more easily able to connect with him, rather than a man who was such a rare FATHER for mankind.

God bless them both, but GOD BLESS Mandela.

Rest in peace,

Merlot

Original Dude
    Yeah the thing about Paul Walker is that is died suddenly, while filming the 7th installement of a franchise that is extremely popular, in an accidental tragic way. Mandella was 95 years old, wich for ordinary men is well old enough to die.

But when it comes to Nelson Mandella, we must not forget he lost 27 years in prison, and all those prison years where unjustify, so in the end at least he was able to live old, so he could do more good after being out but he still lost 27 years of his life, because he believe in something, and most people would not had the courage to do that.

The guy was truly admirable.
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

To suffer so much persecution and be able to promote forgiveness and reconciliation is what I find admirable. I don't think I could do it if I had been in his place. (And I hope I don't die in a car crash either.)

The Paul Walker thread was not that popular; only 2 pages which we will probably reach here.
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”