Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BEST POUTINE in Montreal area?

BEST POUTINE in Montreal area?

Alright you locals... I've made a couple of trips to Montreal recently that have been hit and miss (that said, thanks to the G4U guys for making my miss a relative hit... and my hit a homerun )... I may be planning another trip in the near future and my two faves may not be available (one not working much lately and the other very difficult to reach)... so I need a B-plan. You know, the kind of thing that even if the rest of the trip doesn't go as hoped, I can still leave with a smile of satisfaction on my face... soooooo, where are the best places in the area to get poutine??? I figured if I can't leave my creamy goodness in my faves' mouth, I may as well leave Montreal with some in mine...
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. James Dean

Fuck like someone's filming. Max Edge

Original Dude
    Ma Poule Mouillé

There poutine is not "traditional" as its a portuguese restaurant, but holy damn so good. They put chicken, chorizo(sorry i dunno how to spell it), spicy sauce(but you can choose to not) and regular poutine sauce, its quite big for a small(they have a bigger size too) and the best part, its not even expensive. 7 bucks for the smaller size i think
    Life is a party ! Death is the Hangover.. 70-49-6

The summum is the poutine au foie gras du Pied de Cochon !
    http://www.aupieddecochon.ca/

Romados bakery also have a great one with chicken , Rachel and De Bullion a few streets east of the Main (saint laurent)

Poutine Ville on beaubien Between Christophe Colomb and Papineau also great !
    http://poutineville.com/

And the best way to burn all of those carbs is more sex
    GOHABSGO

Thanks, guys! I am taking notes...

So far, I've had all three types they sell at Bier Markt and a certain badass agency owner went totally out of his way to hook me up with some heavenly poutine from a place called Beni's (sp?) that was amazing, especially with the beautiful company I shared it with...

I've been told by more than one person that La Banquise is mandatory...

Quote Originally Posted by marc7 View Post
    And the best way to burn all of those carbs is more sex
    And for the record, I did come back from Montreal 5 lbs. lighter even with all the poutine and alcohol I consumed... (thanks Maria!!)

Merci pour le site. Mais je préfère ne pas mourir à Montréal...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxEdge View Post
    Merci pour le site. Mais je préfère ne pas mourir à Montréal...
    Chacun ses choix.

Au coin de Papineau et Mont-Royal, côté nord de Mont-Royal, juste à côté du Café Dépôt, oui, il y a un super vieux resto années 50-60. Le nom m'échappe. La poutine est hot ;-)

Moi j'aime bien Frites Alors (qui est classé 4 étoiles dans ce site). Je prends la Tunisienne aux oignons et merguez.
    “Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably Priced Love.”

Quote Originally Posted by Siocnarf View Post
    Moi j'aime bien Frites Alors (qui est classé 4 étoiles dans ce site). Je prends la Tunisienne aux oignons et merguez.
    J'ai déjà mangé la "Aucune étoile - À éviter" Salonica.

"La poutine est un mets complexe à appréhender et il peut être nécessaire de commencer par le haut de gamme, avant de descendre dans les bas-fonds." loll

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxEdge View Post
    I've been told by more than one person that La Banquise is mandatory...
    like many will tell you schwartz's has the best smoked meat, which btw isn't true. its up to you to try them and make your own opinion on the matter. personally, ma-am-m bolduc has the best one in town

best poutine I ever had besides on ski trip was making it at home lol. I went to iga bought some cheese kurds, poutine gravy, French fries.

step 1: put fries in oven
    step 2: heat poutine gravy on stove
    step 3; put cheese kurds on fries and pour over with pouitine gravy

I spend my summers in Drummondville, the beginning of poutine ( Horace's restaurant ) and home of the poutine festival ( great party )... Sadly I do not enjoy eating it but if you are in the area mid July for the festival people I know say it is quite a treat.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Ok I have to interject here. La Banquise used to be a great place for poutine, but now it sucks! Yeah you heard me it sucks. Their fries aren't cooked properly and the gravy isn't the same as it used to be. They're all hype now, they don't care about the product cause they got lineups all the time by people who can't tell shit between good and bad.

On another note, Frite Alors' poutine is great, but expensive. If you want a more portuguese style poutine go for Ma Poule Mouillée, like HM suggested. It has minced chicken and portuguese chorizo, plus portuguese sauce on top of the fries, gravy and cheese. Another good poutine is the one at the Main. Once again people will do hours of lineup at Schwatz' when there's plenty of free space across the street for equal (IMO better) smoke meat. The smoke meat poutine there is killer!

A really good poutine is at Chez La Mère : http://restaurantchezlamere.com/ They're open 24 hours and they deliver quite far considering they are in Hochelaga Maisonneuve. My recommendation is go for the extra bacon with it and then you'll be talking!!!

But unfortunately the best poutine in Quebec is not in Montreal, according to various sources and votes from poutine war website : http://poutinewar.com/top-10-meilleu...nes-du-quebec/

Wallseye: you do know that the smoke meat served at the Main come from Schwartz...
    No, I'm not an SP you little pervert

I forget the actual name of the place but it is at 4500 st denis (i think) and the poutine is wonderful. Try it with Mushrooms, Onions and Bacon, just WOW!

Reverdy, whats the name again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast