View Poll Results: Flirt in ads influence you

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive way

    17 38.64%
  • Negative way

    6 13.64%
  • Totally indifferent

    21 47.73%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: SP flirting in their ads

  1. #1

    SP flirting in their ads

    I'm curious

    Are you influence by the flirting of an SP in their ads? Positively or in a negative way.

    I just don't understand the purpose behind being flirty in an ad by an independent SP or agency. I won't even start on all the ads saying new this and new that but only relies on the idea that we'll forget or it's going to be knew for someone somewhere.

  2. #2
    You can never believe their words or the pics in the ads, pure BS to lure you in. I rely on reviews, and you have to read the whole thread to get a good idea of the situation. Reviews minimize waste of time and money. Obviously every advertiser will tell you they are the best in Montreal.

  3. #3
    I think it's called marketing......

  4. #4
    Gorgeous ladies Fanatic
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Northern emisphere
    Posts
    5,925
    Astute
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    marketing



    Cheers



    Booker

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    I think it's called marketing......
    Not really. Marketing is the idea of finding a way to make buy a product or a service. If it's not a good way, it's bad marketing no?

    If someone book an appointment with a provider based on flirt, there's something that I'm missing big time lol

  6. #6
    Sexual Deviant
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Ottawa
    Posts
    383
    Of course the "flirting" or other "BS" in our ad is meant to lure you in, that's kind of the point of advertisement in general, no? It'd be bad marketing if our ads said things such as "My pictures are 100% fake!" or "My service is totally mechanical and you're guaranteed to regret your time with me!".

    Flirting in ads might not work for you, but it does work for others. Everyone reacts differently to different marketing techniques, and if the ads are up there, then the flirting is probably bringing some men in.

    However, if we're talking about ads on backpage and ann123 and so on, what's in the ad hardly seems to matter as people are only looking at the pictures and phone number anyways :P
    Your curvy redhead vixen!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Habs Nation!
    Posts
    464
    Well AmberRose

    I may be different but i always read the text when i browse BP A123 etc....

    Et je l'écoute (Joël Bouchard) toujours jusqu'à la fin de son laïus parce que je suis convaincu qu'un jour, il va terminer en nous offrant des voitures usagées à des prix INCROYABLES!

    -Ronald King

  8. #8
    Sexual Deviant
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Ottawa
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel View Post
    Well AmberRose

    I may be different but i always read the text when i browse BP A123 etc....

    Then you are a rare gem sir! ;P
    Your curvy redhead vixen!

  9. #9
    Relocated
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberRose View Post
    However, if we're talking about ads on backpage and ann123 and so on, what's in the ad hardly seems to matter as people are only looking at the pictures and phone number anyways :P
    So true. I will include my pricing and availability in a Backpage ad and am always getting texts asking me about those two things.

  10. #10
    "The old gamer"
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    128
    Hi since my english not 100% perfect.
    Can you describe what flirt is on an SP website, so I can answer correctly ( just one word in french could do it)
    Tx
    M.

  11. #11
    Simple answer, to get customers.

    Most guys (non merb, like BP and Ann123) i would think are looking more at pictures like Amber suggested but Merb is a more informed client so a little flirting could help and i for one am totally fine with it, am i influenced by it? Well definatley not in a negative way that's for sure and i suppose somewhat positive depending on the content and extent of the flirting.

    Btw it is called Marketing 101 just like when you see in a ad on BP or Ann123 or humpchies "new to Montreal" or "limited time only"....likely all marketing (there are exceptions however) and totally understandable to get customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrenard44 View Post
    I just don't understand the purpose behind being flirty in an ad by an independent SP or agency.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberRose View Post
    Of course the "flirting" or other "BS" in our ad is meant to lure you in, that's kind of the point of advertisement in general, no? It'd be bad marketing if our ads said things such as "My pictures are 100% fake!" or "My service is totally mechanical and you're guaranteed to regret your time with me!".

    Flirting in ads might not work for you, but it does work for others. Everyone reacts differently to different marketing techniques, and if the ads are up there, then the flirting is probably bringing some men in.

    However, if we're talking about ads on backpage and ann123 and so on, what's in the ad hardly seems to matter as people are only looking at the pictures and phone number anyways :P
    Well that might be the case for most people, but for me it does take a lot more.

    First of all too often pictures are not real, outdated and or touched up especially on sources like BP, ANN123, etc.

    Yes, I do look at the pictures. And for me, what makes a the biggest impression is whether or not the personality shines through. A fun or a flirty photo say a lot about what to expect in an encounter. But that is really only the begining, the hook per say.

    Afterwards, by reading the actual ad will be a major deciding factor as to whether or not I decide to take it to the next step.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tiannas View Post
    So true. I will include my pricing and availability in a Backpage ad and am always getting texts asking me about those two things.
    I do not understand why people do not bother to read the ad completely first. It would prevent people from wasting a lot of time, both theirs and the professional they are trying to connect with. In my opinion it is simply rude. Especially in your case Tianna, where you have gone to a significant effort to no only have a detailed ad, but a well designed and informative site.

    But I digress, those reading this post, are not the ones who are the type to offend, would be my guess.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asgard Or North America
    Posts
    663
    Flirting? I tend to read between the lines when it comes to this aspect of the ads, i think after the many many many many years of reading these ads, we can learn to read between the lines or ignore a lot of the literature being presented to us. And as for the veteran advertisers, they are in a class of their own, they are not only experts at the concept of flirting, but they most definitely can back it up in with their service.


    Thor Jr

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Eastern Townships
    Posts
    858
    The ones with websites I will read all of it.
    For one I don't want to ask stupid questions for which the information is already there, plus it gives you a better indication of the type of person you are likely to meet. You just need to read between the lines and match it to reviews.

    I only read ones reviewed on Merb/Terb, not interested in back page or other risky sites, savings on price is not worth the risk and wasted effort/aggrevation
    There is plenty to choose from the Indy companions website and the Merb advertised agencies.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •