Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm WONDERING.... (Police report after an agression)

I'm WONDERING.... (Police report after an agression)

Je me demande souvent si la police est vraiment la pour moi, pour ma sécurité. Je me suis fait battre hier soir et j'ai cru voir que la police ne m'a pas prise sérieusement. J'ai pourtant la tete et le visage fendus et un oeil bien amoché sans compter tout l'argent et carte de crédit (etc) que je me suis fait dévaliser.. Quand j'ai appelé ce matin pour vérifier ma plainte, il n'y en avait aucune d'enregistrée ! Je me demande bien quoi faire...

Déjà que la semaine derniere, j'ai vécu un évènement bien traumatisant. J'ai eu la mauvaise idée de faire confiance à un client régulier qui m'a finalement volé. Je sais...bravo la naiveté!

Je me questionne.... Suis-je fait pour me faire taper dessus comme cela?

Que dois-je faire quand je suis amochée de cette façon si personne ne me prend au sérieux?

xx Samy

Samy your english is excellent so could you please translate this in english please?

Cette nouvelle m'attriste et me décourage encore plus de l'être humain. Samy, connais-tu l'identité exacte de ton agresseur? Mes pensées vont vers toi.

M.

Smile What to do if attacked

Sorry to read this thread but the issue raised is significant.

1.)Immediately go to a hospital. A medical report will support any police report that you make and the mindset of the police is that if they are taking such a report at a hospital it is a lot more serious then if they are taking it at a home or apartment.Also you will have witnesses.

2.) On your way to the hospital write down everything you remember about the incident.The longer you wait the greater the chances of forgetting an
    important element.If you cannot write repeat the facts over and over to
    improve your memory.

3.) Get pictures taken of the injuries ASAP.

4.) At the hospital let the doctors do a complete set of tests - what to you
    may seem unimportant may be problematic down the road.

5.) Follow the doctors advice and take the time to heal completely.

All the best.

A poor corrupt official

Quick translation

Quick translation of Samy's post about getting mugged:

I often wonder if the police are really there for me, for my safety. I was mugged last night and it seemed that the police didn't take me seriously.

However my head and face were cut and one eye was quite messed up to say nothing of the money, credit card (etc.) that were stolen from me...When I called this morning to check on my report, none had been filed! I really wonder what to do...

Already last week I lived through something really traumatic. I had the bad idea of trusting a regular client who in the end ripped me off. I know...bravo, it's naive.

I ask myself...Was I made to be abused like that?

What should I do when I was mugged like that if no one takes me seriously?

xx Samy
    Last edited by CaptRenault; 04-07-2007 at 02:31 PM.
    Strasser: By the way, the murder of the couriers, what has been done?
    Renault: Realizing the importance of the case, my men are rounding up twice the usual number of suspects.
    Heinze: We already know who the murderer is.
    Strasser: Good. Is he in custody?
    Renault: Oh, there's no hurry. Tonight he'll be at Rick's. Everybody comes to Rick's.

Oh my god!!! i hope you are okay Samy because you truely are a sweatheart and a wonderfull down to earth person, i wonder if its the same guy that ripped off Kim that ripped you off.

Again i know its up to you but i think that you should expose the guy that ripped you off if he is a board member.
    Last edited by Joe.t; 04-07-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Veteran of Misadventures

Self Defense

Samy,

I am very sorry to hear about what happened to you. There is a thread on this Board about self defense by ladies which you may find helpful:

https://merb.cc/vbulletin/showthread...highlight=mace

I once met a Montreal indy SP who told me she always carried pepper spray with her, and she used it at one time to ward off an attack. She was certain she saved herself from being raped. I don`t know if it would have helped you in your situation, but sometimes the best way to deal with these situations is thwart them before they get started.

I hope they catch the culprit involved in this unfortunate incident.

Thanks Captain for translating!

Samy:

I am so sorry to read your stories, totally unimaginable. Thank God either instance was not more serious. I will hope, pray,….. Godspeed on your swift recovery, both physically and mentally.

Please take some time to remind yourself how much you are loved and respected by most everyone on this board. Perhaps you can find some comfort during this holiday season. Surround yourself with those that appreciate the amazing lady that you are and will continue to be. As difficult as it may seem right now, try not to feel like a victim, as unfortunately bad things happen to good people all the time.

One last note and if I remember correctly, I believe you have a birthday upcoming, very soon. Again, God bless you Samy and many more!

Pepper is only for steaks in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by EagerBeaver
    I once met a Montreal indy SP who told me she always carried pepper spray with her,
    I'm unhappy with this, but pepper spray is illegal to posses in Canada. If you do use it to defend yourself, expect to be criminally charged.

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/partI/199.../regle1-e.html

Prohibited weapons include: "Any device that is designed to injure, immobilize or otherwise incapacitate a person by the discharge of any liquid, spray, powder, gas or other substance that is capable of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating a person. [...] nunchaku [...] shuriken [...] "manrikigusari" or "kusari" [...] finger ring that has one or more blades [...] . Any device that is designed to be capable of injuring, immobilizing or incapacitating a person or an animal by discharging an electrical charge [...] belt containing a blade [...] Brass Knuckles [...] etc. etc.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler
    I'm unhappy with this, but pepper spray is illegal to posses in Canada.
    Not correct. It's illegal to use on humans. It is not illegal to possess or be used for animal control (bears). Read the law that you cite.

Thus it can be purchased. I would argue that if it is used in self defense against someone trying to rape you, it is in fact being used on an animal, and therefore its use is legal under the cited law.

And as a practical matter, I doubt the maced rapist will go to the cops and file a complaint, so it is probably de facto legal to use in such situations.

I would argue that if it is used in self defense against someone trying to rape you, it is in fact being used on an animal, and therefore its use is legal under the cited law.
    Well said, although are you talking about arguing this on the boards, or in court? Would this sort of reasoning really work in court?
    Amantes sunt amentes.

Veteran of Misadventures
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa
    Would this sort of reasoning really work in court?
    Probably not, but it's fun to argue the position on MERB.

Probably not, but it's fun to argue the position on MERB.
    What I thought, but indeed it's a very valid argument in my eyes...

One thing that is not clear to me is whether this attack (not the theft) was from a client or some random animal on the street who wanted Samy's purse?
    Amantes sunt amentes.

I am me, too!
    The bear repellent sold in sporting stores is a less powerful version of what's used by cops. The type used by cops is illegal for civilian use.

Somebody using the sporting variety on a person could face criminal charges.

Quote Originally Posted by metoo4
    The bear repellent sold in sporting stores is a less powerful version of what's used by cops.
    It's too bad there doesn't exist an "asshole repelant", for guys using the gentleness and trusting attitude of ladies like Samy to rip them off! What a shame!

And what about cops... My guess is they get bored at what they see day after day. They end up treating people like numbers, sometimes totally disconnected from the reality, not realizing (or not caring about) the impact their actions (or inactions) have on people. They should be "humanized".

Samy, you already know you have all my support.

CA

Une belle femme est celle qu'on remarque... Une femme charmante est celle par qui on est remarqué...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast