Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: plagiarizing

  1. #1

    Angry plagiarizing

    I just find out, from a very reliable source that Robertpal is "converting" my reviews to get free membership days on Ter, otherwise he should pay for ......

    I don't know what I should say about this to express my angr execpt write it down on the board......

    I should rethink about posting my reviews.

    I write them mainly as a tool to practice my English & I want share my good memories too....

    But I have never thought some sneeky b*****d would find such use for my writing.

    I would get kicked out of University for doing the same thing!!!!!

    Can anything be done about this??????
    Last edited by forever newbi; 10-03-2007 at 02:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Get a lawyer & sue him for copyright infringement.

  3. #3

    Smile Handles Cannot Sue

    Quote Originally Posted by hydragoat
    Get a lawyer & sue him for copyright infringement.
    Since a user name (handle) is not a real or moral person / entity it cannot sue another user name(handle). Even if a user name could sue proving damages to an entity that does not really exist would be difficult. Likewise showing that another user name derived anything but marginal benefits would be difficult.

  4. #4
    Email TER and claim the false reviews - point them to the source and they will remove the reviews from TER and they will ban him. What username is he using there?

    xoxox
    Anik

  5. #5
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Just-ass-weet
    Email TER and claim the false reviews - point them to the source and they will remove the reviews from TER and they will ban him. What username is he using there?

    xoxox
    Anik
    Robertpalli2

  6. #6
    Gentleman Horndog
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by Just-ass-weet
    Email TER and claim the false reviews - point them to the source and they will remove the reviews from TER and they will ban him. What username is he using there?

    xoxox
    Anik
    That is exactly right. A PERB member copied one of my reviews onto TER and claimed it as his own. I complained to TER and sent them screen captures of my original review dated two days before the plagiarized review on TER. As result, the guy was banned from TER, and the review was credited to me.

    I also exposed the plagiarizer on PERB. He hasn't been seen since.
    May your genitalia never fail ya.

  7. #7
    I tried complaining about plagiarized reviews that were not mine on TER, and their mods didn't do anything about it. So it seems that the original author of the review needs to be the one complaining. And you can't see the full review on TER unless you pay or write reviews there yourself.

  8. #8
    Anyone that would plagiarize someone else's review is low...

  9. #9
    If you don't include any proof they will ignore you.. however, if you make references to where it has been plagiarized from, or better, get the original author to complain, they take such things seriously.

    xoxox
    Anik

    Quote Originally Posted by rollingstone
    I tried complaining about plagiarized reviews that were not mine on TER, and their mods didn't do anything about it. So it seems that the original author of the review needs to be the one complaining. And you can't see the full review on TER unless you pay or write reviews there yourself.

  10. #10

    who cares...

    I copyright all my reviews.

    GG
    "There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
    - Oscar Wilde

  11. #11
    forever newbi, this happened to me a couple of times. I posted in their Montreal discussion thread exposing the plagiarizer and also used a link in the review to report this to their moderator. I included a link to my merb review as proof. The plagiarisers lost their free membership in both cases.

  12. #12

    what's the big deal?

    It's not like FN's reviews are some kinds of original dissertation, literature masterpiece or even an op-ed in the WSJ. Shit, it doesn't even qualify as an op-ed in the Gazette...
    A demander: une cochonne Quebecoise ou Allemande avec qui le sol se derobe sous mes pieds!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    wishing I was in Montreal
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    It's not like FN's reviews are some kinds of original dissertation, literature masterpiece or even an op-ed in the WSJ. Shit, it doesn't even qualify as an op-ed in the Gazette...
    picasso,

    Robertpal (robertpalli2 on TER) is gaining monetary benefits by stealing reviews of MERB members and posting them on TER.

    For every review plagiarized and posted he receives extended VIP membership, which has a dollar value. He did not write them and therefor should not benefit by them.

    His pattern would lead one to assume that he has posted these copied reviews on other boards worldwide. He was already caught posting a MERB review on ISG (International Sex Guide) and I'm sure that there are others there that have yet to be identified.

    If you don't have a problem with his behavior (and for anyone else who thinks this is no big deal) send robertpal a check for $30 and see how that feels, because that's what he stole from forever newbi, dood and countless others.

    Regards,

    Voyager
    Last edited by Voyager; 10-04-2007 at 02:00 AM.
    "No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied—it speaks in silence to the very core of your being."
    -Ansel Adams

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager
    picasso,

    Robertpal (robertpalli2 on TER) is gaining monetary benefits by stealing reviews of MERB members and posting them on TER.

    For every review plagiarized and posted he receives extended VIP membership, which has a dollar value. He did not write them and therefor should not benefit by them.

    His pattern would lead one to assume that he has posted these copied reviews on other boards worldwide. He was already caught posting a MERB review on ISG (International Sex Guide) and I'm sure that there are others there that have yet to be identified.

    If you don't have a problem with his behavior (and for anyone else who thinks this is no big deal) send robertpal a check for $30 and see how that feels, because that's what he stole from forever newbi, dood and countless others.

    Regards,

    Voyager
    Voyager,

    Why would I want to write a check to ropertpal, or you or any other complete stranger just to see how that feels? I think i know what you're saying but you undermine your argument by using that bogus analogy. I think it's rather naive to think that what robertpal did hasn't been done before. It just so happens that robertpal has made a total ass of himself wherever he's been so he has attracted a lot of attention. Also, if you think that exposing him now will keep him from repeating by registering another handle, then you're also mistaken. Let's be real, OK? This is the world of anonymous internet posting. Anyone can pretend to be someone else and post either fictional or plagiarized material in however many forums there are out there.
    A demander: une cochonne Quebecoise ou Allemande avec qui le sol se derobe sous mes pieds!

  15. #15
    ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^› Special K's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmbot
    my sentiments exactly.
    Which part of this don't you comprehend?

    Quote Originally Posted by forever newbi
    I just find out, from a very reliable source that Robertpal is "converting" my reviews to get free membership days on Ter, otherwise he should pay for ......
    Hell, it's a novel idea but it's not what I would consider acceptable hobbyist behavior.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •