Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Champagne

  1. #1

    Champagne

    Quick question

    Do all bottles open by hand or do you need a cork screw for some just like

    for wine bottles?

    Thx

  2. #2
    ALL champagne has a cork that pops manually. Should be the same for "sparking wine" (which is essentially Champagne that is from somewhere other than the Champagne region France)...

    Half the fun is popping the cork.

    BD

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Dover
    ALL champagne has a cork that pops manually. Should be the same for "sparking wine" (which is essentially Champagne that is from somewhere other than the Champagne region France)...

    Half the fun is popping the cork.

    BD
    There is on the market a spécial cork screw for sparkling wine and champagne

  4. #4
    Not sure what kind it will be but thanks guys!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by master_bates
    Not sure what kind it will be but thanks guys!
    Do a search on cork catcher

  6. #6

    How to open a bottle of Champange or sparkling wine

    - Hold bottle at the neck with the left hand.

    - Firmly grasp cork with the right hand.

    - Slowly twist cork left and right, The pressure in the bottle will push cork out of the bottle.
    Last edited by GTA refugee; 02-27-2009 at 08:55 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by GTA refugee
    - Hold bottle at the neck with the left hand.

    - Firmly grasp cork with the right hand.

    - Slowly twist cork left and right, The pressure in the bottle will push cork out of the bottle.
    You are so wrong

  8. #8
    For Champagne or other sparkling wine, the cork sticks out, so you can either ease it out, as GTA refugee suggests, or fire it by digging it out with your thumbs. Watch for breakable things in that scenario.

    With wine, the cork is flush, so you need a corkscrew.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dick
    For Champagne or other sparkling wine, the cork sticks out, so you can either ease it out, as GTA refugee suggests, or fire it by digging it out with your thumbs. Watch for breakable things in that scenario.

    With wine, the cork is flush, so you need a corkscrew.
    Wrong again www.wineintro.com/champagne/open
    Last edited by voyageur11; 02-28-2009 at 12:11 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by voyageur11
    I said nothing that was wrong. Your link described easing the cork out, which is one of the alternatives I gave. So how was I wrong?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by C Dick
    I said nothing that was wrong. Your link described easing the cork out, which is one of the alternatives I gave. So how was I wrong?
    Their is a right way to do it and your way both will get the bottle open

  12. #12
    Voyageur11...you're wrong!

    The best way to open a bottle of Champagne is sabrage.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrage

    http://www.creativecookware.com/champagne_saber.htm
    http://champagnesaber.com/products.html

    It also works very well using a Wakizashi.

    For the wusses who want to use a cork catcher, you can find one here:

    http://www.corkscrew.com/champagne.html
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Techman
    Voyageur11...you're wrong!

    The best way to open a bottle of Champagne is sabrage.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabrage

    http://www.creativecookware.com/champagne_saber.htm
    http://champagnesaber.com/products.html

    It also works very well using a Wakizashi.

    For the wusses who want to use a cork catcher, you can find one here:

    http://www.corkscrew.com/champagne.html
    How many people do you know can open a bottle that way?

  14. #14

  15. #15

    There is no right or wrong way to OPEN a bottle of Champange

    What you want to do is to open it as gently as possible, and not spill any. Just ease the cork out gently and make it open up with a POP noise. Try not to adjetate the bottle and have it squirt out and waste it on the floor. The saber method is for wannabees that may injure themselves, injure others and / or drink shads of glass with your champange. Is that what you realy want to do, take a sharp blade and swisch it at the top of the Champange bottle to cut the top off within a few inches from your other hand holding the bottle? Impacting the glass bottle with a saber or any other object may cause the glass to shatter because the glass is under pressure from the effervescent contents.



    See Video:

    http://video.about.com/wine/How-to-Open-Champagne.htm
    Last edited by GTA refugee; 02-28-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •