Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psycologist/psychiatrist need for friend

Psycologist/psychiatrist need for friend

I have a friend who lives in the Terrebonne area (near Laval) and she is in desperate need of a psycologist/psychiatrist. She is extremely depressed about her life and can't seem to get on tract. Any suggestions? She would prefer a woman, if possible. PM me if you want or post - Thanks.

Local CLSC

Quote Originally Posted by petitelover View Post
    I have a friend who lives in the Terrebonne area (near Laval) and she is in desperate need of a psycologist/psychiatrist. She is extremely depressed about her life and can't seem to get on tract. Any suggestions? She would prefer a woman, if possible. PM me if you want or post - Thanks.
    Contact the local CLSC or adult community group that helps people in her age group.
    LISA'S FRIEND

Quote Originally Posted by eastender View Post
    Contact the local CLSC or adult community group that helps people in her age group.
    Thanks for your reply. I am not from the area - what does CLSC stand for?

I am me, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by 10-4Roger View Post
    Craig
    List
    Secret
    Community
    You funny guy...

Centre Local de Services Communautaires

Look in the phone book or with an internet search under CLSC. That's the common usual name.

I just did a quick search and came up with this site that might be helpful:

http://www.indexsante.ca/CLSC.html

A search on the site for Terrebonne came up with this listing:

http://www.indexsante.ca/index.php?search=terrebonne

Hope this helps!
    And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

ἄνθρωπος μέτρον
    Man is the measure of all things

Sexo sin pecado es como huevo sin sal (Le sexe sans péché est comme un œuf sans sel/Sex without sin is like an egg without salt) [Carlos Fuentes]

Be very aware of fake 'gods'

what makes you think that a psychologist* or a psychiatrist* knows anything especially the latter??? All they will probably do is to chemically dope her up to change her mood - if a chemical high is what she wants, there are a whole lot drastically cheaper ways of doing that. Or even a way to do that that costs nothing - just come over to my place and I'll explain to her all about that (only half joking here, a sexually satisfied person is a much more emotionally healthy happy person. Of course if she is the puritan type, no mind games or chemical games will cure the underlying innate physical & emotional needs).

If there are real other underlying emotional problems, better to put in some serious work and change the underlying person to something better/different. No, don't even try religion, join cults like buddists or catholics. Get back to the inner self - ala have you ever seen too many children on a playground who is not happy?

Good luck to your friend. She is lucky to have somebody care enough about her to try to find solutions for her.

*Psychiatrists study the emotional bottoms of the society, the deviant. What makes you think they know anything about how to make people normal?? Psychologists make go to the 'norm', which is very low, in my books. What makes you think they know anything about the emotional top 5%?

Clsc

Thanks for your reply. I am not from the area - what does CLSC stand for?
    Others have provided precise details. The CLSC usually coordinates health and social services in an area and are an excellent resource for directing someone to the available services and alternatives for the specific situation.

Good luck.
    LISA'S FRIEND

http://www.ordrepsy.qc.ca/en/index.html

http://www.ampq.org/3/milieu_invites.php
    (sorry, couldn't find an english link for that one)

Good luck!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anaïs Nin

Thanks for your suggestions. Those that wrote in French - sorry - I don't understand.

I am me, too!
    Thanks for your suggestions. Those that wrote in French - sorry - I don't understand.
    http://www.reverso.net/text_translat...=FR&action=new

"The psychiatrist does not limit to prescribe pills or to listen to people telling their childhood. He(it) is interested in the global nature of the "person".

What I say has my partners: " it is your interieur which me interhook "

Translation of 10-4's comment.

"The psychiatrist does not limit to prescribe pills or to listen to people telling their childhood. He(it) is interested in the global nature of the "person".

What I say has my partners: " it is your interieur which me interhook "

Translation of 10-4's comment.
    Petitelover, I don't know what you are asking above, but if your friend is EXTREMELY depressed don't fool around finding out what is the best type or which specific practitioner she should go to. Just bring her to the emergency dept. of any hospital and they will listen to her and access the situation. If they are worried about her safety they may toss her into the "nut bin" for a couple of days but she will get good help without delay.

I gave her the links people gave me in this post and I offered to help in any way I could - her response "she doesn't need one" Perhaps denial is part of a mental disorder. She now has plenty of names and even though I prompt her to see one I get the same response. In my last correspondence with her, she said she will see on soon. She didn't say which year I suspect she won't see one and will continue to suffer and have her up and down days. I don't think there is much more than I can do than my offer for her to call or email me anytime when she is down.

I gave her the links people gave me in this post and I offered to help in any way I could - her response "she doesn't need one" Perhaps denial is part of a mental disorder. She now has plenty of names and even though I prompt her to see one I get the same response. In my last correspondence with her, she said she will see on soon. She didn't say which year I suspect she won't see one and will continue to suffer and have her up and down days. I don't think there is much more than I can do than my offer for her to call or email me anytime when she is down.
    Maybe an intervention is in order. If there are a few others like you that care about her and have observed that she is in need of some help, maybe collectivly you can convince your friend to see someone. If you do this, it would be best for the group to meet prior to the intervention and have a path forward planned and prepared and agreed upon. This way there will be less opportunity for your friend to committ and then back out.

This is a good thing you are trying to do. You are a good friend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast