Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snow tire suggestions, what brand to buy.

Snow tire suggestions, what brand to buy.

I am looking for snow tires for the winter, what is the best brand to buy?

Western USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Don't know a specific brand, but a knobby tire with micro-sipes work the best for me. Noisier than a freight train or tornado but I never got stuck.
    "I have the right to remain silent, but I don't have the ability": Ron White
    "Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?": Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin in "The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear" (1991)
    Pussycat Song- The Asylum Street Spankers
    Scrotum Song- The Asylum Street Spankers

Right here, except when I'm elsewhere.
    Much depends upon to what use you intend to put them and how much you're willing to spend. (Sounds sort of like other interests represented here, huh?)

I have a roadster that I drive year-round, live in an extremely snowy, fairly rural area, like to drive fast, don't want studs, and don't have a limited budget. Nokian Hakkapeliitta R's are absolutely perfect for my purposes.
    Last edited by muffinbuffer; 10-15-2010 at 08:57 PM.

On a budget the Canadian tire Nordic are pretty good and have a pretty good reputation, I have those on my car and have no problems during the winter...on ice they are just ok. I believe that Michelin X-Ice have a good reputation but obviously more expensive.

Try the Tire Rack site

They will tell you what tires fit on your vehicle, have a great selection and both the road tests and customer reviews are valuable.

If anything you will end up with too much information.

I have Toyo winter tires on my prelude for the winter that perform just fine & Toyo TR1 proxi's for the summer that perform great. Toyo tires last a little longer because their rubber isn't as soft.
    May I suggest you call Talon Tire @ 514- 337-0833 . Talon Tire is also one of the few tire dealers that fill your tires with nitrogen instead of air, which is better for the tires & gas mileage...
    I've always been impressed with the professionalism of Talon tire.. They know what they are doing & are fair on pricing....
    The problem is God gave man a brain & a penis but only enough blood to operate one at a time.It's not easy finding a sexy tanned woman with beautiful high arched feet between size 7 & 81/2 beautiful toe nails attached to long gorgeous legs!

You buy used tires that have studs in them better than any new winter tire with more grip even on ice and its legal

I'm not sure anymore
    I have some stud tires but you can't drive in Ontario with them...

Tires have a rubber "softness" rating. Softer is better grip at the expense of durability.
    Blizzaks by Bridgestone are good. Nokians (made in Finnland) are good.

The Canadian Tire Nordics were OK for me last winter.

Michelin with its various models depending on what you are looking for out of your tire
    Stay thirsty my friends

Be aware that CT has cheaped out and no longer offers road hazard warrant unless you pay extra.

I just bought continental exterme contact that i'll be using this winter they are highly rated.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    Bridgestone Blizzaks are incredible. You could drive up an ice covered wall with them!

I figure I will not be doing any high speed driving in the snow, so as long as the tires are OK they will do. I am thinking Goodyear Nordics. I think the pre winter sales will start soon where you can get 25% off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast