Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Recommend a Good Steakhouse near a Metro Station?

Anyone Recommend a Good Steakhouse near a Metro Station?

Any steakhouse recommendation near a Metro stop, under $50 for a tasty ny strip and a beer?

Quote Originally Posted by link72 View Post
    Any steakhouse recommendation near a Metro stop, under $50 for a tasty ny strip and a beer?
    fire grill on Stanley just facing the Metro downtown.

I don't know about the 50$ limit, but Rib & Reef is walking distance from Metro Namur
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by amazona View Post
    fire grill on Stanley just facing the Metro downtown.
    Don't see any prices on their website. Around $50 a plate?

Don't know about the NY strip but I had a rib last november for about $30.
    Plus beer and tip it was around $50.

So depending on how much beer you'll indulge - since you will take the Metro

I guess a NY should be a bit more.

Try Baton Rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFall View Post
    Try Baton Rouge.
    Price is not too steep? There is one about 5 blocks from my hotel on De La Montagne... None of the steakhouse websites seem to post their prices. I've noticed that all food/drink is more expensive than S. Ontario. Maybe it's a downtown Montreal phenomena?

I go to the one on de la Montagne a few times a year. I believe the price is just about what you are looking at unless you drink a lot . Give them a call or just walk by to find out.

I find Baton Rouge to be overpriced when it comes to steaks. For what they charge, and if I want a good steak, I'd pay the extra $15-20 and go to a real steakhouse like Queue de cheval or 40 Westt in the West island. I've heard Rib & Reef is good but I have not been there myself. Prices are around what you would expect at Queue de cheval.

BUT if you want a steak that will give you shivers and make you weak in the knees, the Lou's cut at Queue de cheval will do the trick downtown. If you want to pass out in pure ecstasy, the bone-in rib eye at 40 Westt will have you crying tears of joy once you wake up. No metro goes to the west island though.

Will do, tomorrow. Wed has an excellent forecast. Don't want to walk too far in the rain. Will tonight to hit some strip clubs on St. Laurent... hope rain subsides.

Queue de Cheval is how much? Don't think I can (or want to) spend $100 on a meal... I don't skimp when on vacation, but there must be some value for the dollar as well.

I completely understand. The only times I've been to Queue de cheval was when my friend's company raked in a lot of cash. He treated me a few times. 40 Westt is a better value since you get a side with each plate and the prices are a little lower. The few times I went there were for special occasions.

The only reason I mentioned them was because Baton Rouge isn't all that much cheaper when you order a steak especially if you take flavour into account. For anything else though, yes it is much more affordable.

I would guess more 150 for Queue de cheval
    Et je l'écoute (Joël Bouchard) toujours jusqu'à la fin de son laïus parce que je suis convaincu qu'un jour, il va terminer en nous offrant des voitures usagées à des prix INCROYABLES!

-Ronald King

So the Queue is out for sure. Montreal is pretty pricey. Doesn't seem I'll get much for my $50 steak here.

Just don't drink too much, you will be fine. Enjoy!

I'm a "1 drink or pint of beer" kind of guy. I'll look around tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast