Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Torture for terrorists?

Torture for terrorists?

Just a poll to see views on torture for known terrorists. Myself it would be torture to the max even after all the info is given. Then heal him up and throw him in jail in general population. This would cut down the cost of prision time. If someone is looking for sympathy it is between shit and syphilis in the dictionary when it comes to terrorists.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

Here, here, I second that!

They should be made to suffer the fate they inflict on others.

Nothing in life is simple. I don't condone any type of violence, state supported or by terrorist organizations. I wish conflicts were solved by boring bureaucrats, as they are finally now in the EC for much of Western Europe.

Think about this, however.

Is an American who directs drones from the safety of his chair in a military base in Kansas and kills far more innocent bystanders than actual terrorists a hero? Is a suicide bomber who has no drones, no aircraft carriers, no supersonic planes, no satellites who has only his only life as a resource and who wants to free his country from a murderous, corrupt dictator who was installed and supported by the Americans pure evil?

There are American soldiers on the ground also. Do you think that they should be tortured when captured?

What about pedophiles, rapists and murderers? Why not torture them too?

While this might give society some short term satisfaction, I don't think I want to live anywhere where this would be considered acceptable. How we deal with tragedy is a reflection of who we are. Boston has dealt with their tragedy with honor, style, grace and humanity. Good for them. I hope they don't descend to violent vengeance.

Czar

I am all for putting the balls of a pedophile ( one who abused kids ) in a vice, throwing a rapist in general population of a womens prision and for a murderer well an eye for an eye. We are far too leinient on our criminals, you want to fuck someone up well you should get fucked but far worse. Crime rate would go down.
    I do not think outside the box, I do not think inside the box, I do not even know where the box is.

I'm a definite supporter on the torturing of terrorists and the like. Once they (terrorists) have made the decision to inflict pain and terror on innocent lives, they should not be surprised for similar treatments on their miserable waste of human protoplasmic selves.

I don't think we should torture terrorists unless we can get information from them preventing a terrorist act.

An eye for an eye will not prevent them from doing such acts. Martyrdom is drilled into them if they become involved in any of the radical groups. If they believe they will get 72 virgins and eternal life for killing innocent infidels (us), torture to get their reward is just an inconvenience in the meantime.
    So when will Hillary go to Prison?

Only the Democrats would have a potential CONVICT as their Top Presidential Candidate. Simply Pathetic

http://www.amazon.ca/In-Defense-Flog.../dp/0465021484

Thanks for reminding me. Gotta Interlibrary Loan that sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    I am all for putting the balls of a pedophile ( one who abused kids ) in a vice, throwing a rapist in general population of a womens prision and for a murderer well an eye for an eye. We are far too leinient on our criminals, you want to fuck someone up well you should get fucked but far worse. Crime rate would go down.
    Sol, Did you think this out? How would throwing a rapist in the general population of a women's prison torture a rapist? Wouldn't that be like throwing a tiger in the middle of a field of gazelles?
    So when will Hillary go to Prison?

Only the Democrats would have a potential CONVICT as their Top Presidential Candidate. Simply Pathetic

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Tee Nutz View Post
    Just a poll to see views on torture for known terrorists. Myself it would be torture to the max even after all the info is given.
    NUTZ!!!

Emotionally, I'm sure everyone feels righteous about payback in kind at first. It's human nature. In terms of practical information needs I don't have too much of a problem with "harsh measures". But, I worry about the real character of anyone who would be serious about inflicting anything on the level sadism...and I mean in the standard definition of sadism, not with qualifications to excuse brutality on captured terrorists. Otherwise how far is too far and how far will this be pushed if it becomes the accepted norm?

In history, simply being an enemy has been used as an excuse for great cruelty. When humans have branded groups as "Evil" that's when the...BURNING ...GASING ...ETHNIC CLEANSING begins, becomes policy...becomes habit. So if you are serious about.."even after" the information goal in achieved you tread over a very ugly line.

Yes, justice...not barbarity.

Quote Originally Posted by anon_vlad View Post
    Is an American who directs drones from the safety of his chair in a military base in Kansas and kills far more innocent bystanders than actual terrorists a hero? Is a suicide bomber who has no drones, no aircraft carriers, no supersonic planes, no satellites who has only his only life as a resource and who wants to free his country from a murderous, corrupt dictator who was installed and supported by the Americans pure evil?

There are American soldiers on the ground also. Do you think that they should be tortured when captured?
    I agree Anon that one mans hero can be another mans terrorist, and vice versa. Each side tries to vindicate itself. But the relevance to Boston case is off-balance. Where did the U.S. oppress or attack the Chechens? While it may only be semantics to some, where were the military targets at the marathon. This wasn't even the pretense of dealing with a threat or righteousness, if that means anything. It was just MURDER.

Vraiment,

Merlot

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer41 View Post
    Sol, Did you think this out? How would throwing a rapist in the general population of a women's prison torture a rapist? Wouldn't that be like throwing a tiger in the middle of a field of gazelles?
    Do you honestly think there are sweet young girls in prision that a rapist would be able to get his hands on. I bet he would be dead in 24 hrs and it would be painfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
    Yes, justice...not barbarity.
    Barbaric? A 8 year old innocent boy was murdered plus others and it could have been worse. If the person involved was skinned it would not bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by anon_vlad View Post

Wow! Please let's compare apples with apples! There's a big difference between hitting military targets and having collateral casualties, and directly attacking the general population in the sole purpose of killing and terrorize....hence the term TERRORISM!!!!

Pretty simple difference to me!!!!

Grow up, just because I did not notice the post or did not post does not mean I did not feel sorry for them. Nothing like twisting shit around.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast