sweetolivia
seeking.com

Is "Live to work" one of the main reasons why women in English SC tend to be highly selective compared to women in Quebec and Eastern countries?

TheQuestion

Apr 4, 2021
PS: I don't mean to offend anyone. I am only asking since you guys give excellent answers.

I have been thinking about this topic for a while. It seems to me that for the average guy, the English-speaking countries tend to be the hardest to get laid/get a date,/get a girlfriend. Meanwhile, it seems that in Quebec and even more so in Eastern Europe. They have a more relaxed culture or even a party culture, and the women are more open to hooking up; sex is not such a big deal. Even a relationship goes sour, you can start no big deal again.

Moreover, I noticed is that American women and perhaps in other ESC have a very high sense of self where they firmly believe they should be dating a celebrity or someone of very high status. Meanwhile, I met a Czech woman of similar looks but thought she was average person and did not believe she should be dating a millionaire..etc.

Here is a Anglo-Canadian who goes into depth in this topic, again, I apologize if anyone find it offensive. He believes that women in English speaking countries tend to be more materialistic due to the "live to work culture":

Patron

May 22, 2004
Visit site
I think there is a negative correlation between a woman being actively involved in the dating scene and studying difficult subjects in school / earning a good income.

Most of it it just the obvious issue that the woman studying a lot and/or working a lot simply has less time to devote to courtship. She will probably select from a limited group of contacts she made in high school and/or a year or two after high school. She not only has limited time, but there are relatively few guys outside that group that will give her a good trade-off between allocating less time to her current pursuits and more time to a new possibility. A wealthy / celebrity fits this criteria, so she maintains some interest in that.

Women from relatively less wealthy areas have less natural opportunities when it comes to studying difficult academic subjects and/or finding high paying jobs. They will strut their stuff more, allocate more time to dating, and date from a wider pool, including those they barely know or just met.

You can change this dynamic in theory by denying economic opportunities to women, just as you can reduce unemployment to zero by outlawing farm machinery. Neither is a desirable action.

Sex workers fill the large void left by the mismatch that occurs due to the relatively fewer women pursuing dating. One such woman can keep many men happy, at least sexually.

All three above-described groups of women are acting rationally from an economic perspective. Is there something you would change, and, if so, how would you not decrease the happiness of the woman who has chosen to “work to live”?

Reactions: TheQuestion

Patron

May 22, 2004
Visit site
I watched the video and I am always confused by these MGTOW guys.

He loved Montreal because as a high school guy on a long exchange trip he thought they were hot and more sexually promiscuous than American girls.

So where is going his own way? I thought most of these guys want to swear off sex. The sex was free when he was a teen. So we’re a lot of other things when you live with your fucking parents or an exchange student family. Montreal is one of the few places in the world where you can fuck the same prototype older teen girl that is the basis for his nostalgia for like 250 or so loonies. Did this guy end up earning so little as an adult that he can’t afford a trip from the U.S. to Montreal?

I swear I can’t figure out what he is advocating for. He freely admits that the Montreal economy is not as good as many other places in the world (including Toronto), and he blames that on the “party culture”. But he has a real love for its party culture he got to enjoy like thirty years ago.

TheQuestion

Apr 4, 2021
His audience is many guys who don't want to work on themselves and don't want to put in the effort. Hence, all they do is complain. It's a victim mentally type of movement. He wants to be alarmist towards his audience(Everything is wrong, women are not good..etc.), yet he secretly wants to get laid and celebrates Montreal. However, he can't explicitly say it. Since then, his audience would be "exposed" as lazy guys whose reason for failure is not trying hard enough.

Reactions: Patron

Patron

May 22, 2004
Visit site
I have never been a big believer in the so-called working hard to get women aspect of life. It falls into the classic trap. If women and men are equal, why should the guy work hard to get them?

I do think there is a lack of hard work in other areas of life with a lot of these guys. They long for a foregone era where they would be what were called Shirkers at the manufacturing plant. They wouldn’t do much work but wouldn’t get fired (and would in fact be paid well). When outsourcing and automation occurred, those who would have done most of the work either learned to work the automated equipment, changed to service/professional work, or moved to higher paying construction or skilled labor work such as plumbing.

These other guys bitch and moan, and they pine for places such as Montreal and Latin America and the women there. They ask why American women aren’t like those in Montreal. But the obvious question arises. Why don’t they fucking move there? Because they might have to actually work hard even though they would not earn a high income?

The supposedly things that have happened to these guys that they complain about nonstop happened for an economic reason.

Seeking Arrangement