Montreal Escorts

What is your favorite horror movie?

Lunaseraphim

Of the moon
Supporting Member
Jul 18, 2024
3,448
11,746
113
33
Montréal
www.lunasparx.com
Thanks for adding It Follows, it was in my head and forgot to put it on my list, part of this recent horror revival that ifind so interesting.
Blair Witch Project should be somewhere, i'm not sure if it's the 1st found footage movie or not but it seems to have created a trend.
Here's a link to the Netflix TV show i mentioned before The Kingdom
Great list BTW
I don't think Blair Witch Project was the first found footage movie, I think there were a few before but they certainly didn't have the same popularity. What was ground breaking about Blair Witch is the way that it was marketed.. And this was in an era when the internet was just beginning to be popular, but social media wasn't a thing and it was still possible to pull something like that. I saw Blair Witch a few years after it came out, as a teenager.. and personally I find that there are some found footage films I was much more affected by, but it's still the movie that launched the genre.

I remember when I was younger and a huge horror film fan, found footage films were not really considered to be good and I was often around film bros who tried to find the most disturbing and gruesome movies and would want to prove that ''they're not scared'' lol... And Blair Witch was perceived as a ''bad movie'' when I was in film school, by pretentious French teachers. Tbh the horror genre didn't have a good reputation.

A separate thread would be : which movie have you found the most disturbing or scary.. It's not because it leaves you traumatized that it's necessarily good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DetectiveDavidMills

Smitty Jaeger-Manjenson

Well-Known Member
Aug 31, 2025
275
315
63
37
A separate thread would be : which movie have you found the most disturbing or scary.. It's not because it leaves you traumatized that it's necessarily good.
"Yoroi: Samurai Zombie", while outwardly appearing as a shlocked-up B-movie, managed to leave me emotionally devastated with its ending. Finding a version that is both uncut and with intelligible subtitles might be tricky, it's either one or the other.
 

wingmik

Active Member
Jul 31, 2011
133
194
43
I don't think Blair Witch Project was the first found footage movie, I think there were a few before but they certainly didn't have the same popularity. What was ground breaking about Blair Witch is the way that it was marketed.. And this was in an era when the internet was just beginning to be popular, but social media wasn't a thing and it was still possible to pull something like that. I saw Blair Witch a few years after it came out, as a teenager.. and personally I find that there are some found footage films I was much more affected by, but it's still the movie that launched the genre.

I remember when I was younger and a huge horror film fan, found footage films were not really considered to be good and I was often around film bros who tried to find the most disturbing and gruesome movies and would want to prove that ''they're not scared'' lol... And Blair Witch was perceived as a ''bad movie'' when I was in film school, by pretentious French teachers. Tbh the horror genre didn't have a good reputation.

A separate thread would be : which movie have you found the most disturbing or scary.. It's not because it leaves you traumatized that it's necessarily good.
J'ai pas trippé pour 5 cents sur Blair Witch Project! Visuelment parlant c'étais ennuyant! J'aime voir de quoi, la vision c'est le plus beau des 5 sens! Salute!
 

Goddess Maple

Member
May 25, 2026
24
75
13
24
I have a weakness for found footage movies, sci-fi horror and psychological thrillers but here is a little list:

-Alien 1979
-The thing 1980
-Carrie 1976
-Invasion of the body snatchers 1978
-Tetsuo the iron man 1989
-Hausu 1977
-Mandy 2018
-Repulsion 1965
-Eyes without a face 1960
-Let the right one in 2008
-Raw 2016
-Ginger snaps 2000
-May 2002
-Phenomena 1985
-Jennifer's body 2009
-The bay 2012
-Creep 2014
-The babadook 2014
-Hereditary 2018
-A girl walks alone at night 2014
-It follows 2014
-The love witch 2016
-Speak no evil 2022

I could go on

@Goddess Maple and @Johnny test seem to know what they're talking about so far
all great choices!! jennifer's body was my bisexual awakening lol
 

Lunaseraphim

Of the moon
Supporting Member
Jul 18, 2024
3,448
11,746
113
33
Montréal
www.lunasparx.com
John Carpenter’s The Thing!

So few movies of that era have aged as graciously as that masterpiece.
Agreed.. this movie really left a big imprint on my mind.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Misfortune Teller

Jpsis

New Member
Aug 24, 2026
12
16
3
44
I have a weakness for found footage movies, sci-fi horror and psychological thrillers but here is a little list:

-Alien 1979
-The thing 1980
-Carrie 1976
-Invasion of the body snatchers 1978
-Tetsuo the iron man 1989
-Hausu 1977
-Mandy 2018
-Repulsion 1965
-Eyes without a face 1960
-Let the right one in 2008
-Raw 2016
-Ginger snaps 2000
-May 2002
-Phenomena 1985
-Jennifer's body 2009
-The bay 2012
-Creep 2014
-The babadook 2014
-Hereditary 2018
-A girl walks alone at night 2014
-It follows 2014
-The love witch 2016
-Speak no evil 2022

I could go on

@Goddess Maple and @Johnny test seem to know what they're talking about so far
This is a legit list with some deep cuts.

Creep is so underrated. Peachfuzz is my pfp on some other apps.

If you love found footage, I recommend rec and rec 2 if you haven’t seen them.

Not found footage, but from your list I think you’d like Susperia, original and remake, and From Beyond.
 
Ashley Madison